Where would we be?

No use beating this one into the ground. We are where we are. Lets just look forward to having the right coach now and what we can do to get back on track. dedhoarse

Agreed. Painful as the lsat few years were, Pelini got valuable experience and learned what its like in the NC. Plus we broke into SEC recruiting ground.

I know he had Lane Kiffen line-up to be OC. I imagine he'd have tried to keep Cotton on as o-line coach. Carl would have been worked-in somewhere. Jimmy and Turner would have been kept. Not sure which out of Albin, Downing, and Jamrog would have been kept. We'd have had a hell of a staff, the kind that could really help a new HC get through. But that is water under the bridge.

Where do you all think we would be, if Bo got the job back at the end of 2003?

Im saying we would be front runners in the north, and maybe have a Big 12 title or two under our belts. Anyone else agree?

Who knows where. Bo may have fallen flat on his face, you just don't know. Bo has held some very respectable jobs gaining him great experience in different areas over the last 4 years. I think he's definitely a better all around coach. Let's talk about the present.

Thats definetely a tough call. I like the fact that he has had time to marinade in different rolls, if you will.lol. So now he is seasoned and i believe he is the husker nation's messiah, the next bob stoops. He seems like a real "rally the troops" kind of guy, and i dont think we saw that from callahan. I remember seeing his face during the usc game, it was like looking straight into the face of george w. bush.....you can tell he is a moron and you kind of wonder "how the hell did we get stuck with this for four years?!?!?"

Innitially, I thought of Bo being a mucho better Coach now than he was then.

He may have been almost ready to be a head coach back then, but can you imagine him still wanting to be here after 4 years of Pedey?

Probably wouldn't even be allowed to return Dr. Tom's phone calls.

(Might even be breaking in a new coach this season with some fancy "new" WCO.

As for the rest of us..

Seasons like the last one builds character..Makes us appreciate the efforts of past teams all that much more.

you know, i actually wonder about not if Pelini had been hired as HC, but if Solich had not been fired to begin with. The recruiting class they would have been bringing in that year turned out to be pretty good (alot of those players got Cally his best season!), and they had brought Cotton in to install some new flavor into the offense, which not surprisingly was our main weakness that year, and they said near the end of the season that they hadn't "installed" the whole offense. But, there truly isn't any substance to "what ifs," as much as we might like to look back and wonder.