QB Tate Forcier

Player: Tate Forcier

Hometown: San Diego, CA

Position: QB

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 195 lbs.

40 time: 4.55

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Baylor, Oregon, Arizona State, Washington State, Washington, Stanford, Michigan, Penn State, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Wake Forest, Virginia, Duke, UNLV, BYU, New Mexico (and more)

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Rivals #4 Dual-Threat QB. ESPN Evaluation: In stature, arm strength and production, Forcier looks like a West Coast version of 2009 classmate Blaine Dalton. Forcier lacks ideal height, but he makes a ton of plays with both his arm and feet. He has excellent speed for the position, but he's really a passer who happens to be athletic enough to run a spread or read-option attack with ease. Has a style similar to that of Jeff Garcia, another riverboat gambler who finds ways to get the job done. Has good mobility within the pocket, and pulls the occasional rabbit out of his hat when a play breaks down. Can sidestep the rush and has a very quick release. He isn't afraid to take off on the run. Can create second chances with his feet and pick up a first down. Often breaks containment, and can throw on the run to either side with very good accuracy. He's a timing passer who likes to get the ball out of his hand quickly. More: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%. Forcier has trimmed his list to 20 programs which includes NU. Has stated he is interested in visiting several programs, including camping at NU among others. Forcier is a HS teammate of TE recruit J.T. Kerr.

Note: Forcier has a website which includes video highlights and his offer letters (interesting to see the various letters from top schools and coaches...see link on left of site called "College Offers")

http://www.qbforce.com/main.html

I hope I'm mistaken, but with the whole website thing, he just seems like he has quite an ego. He has great physical tools, and if I'm wrong about his ego, I'd be glad to have him.

I think it was an idea he got from his dad who has gone through the process before and wanted to create a resource for other parents since some people can be a little disingenuous. Here is the previous thread about the web site: http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25979

If you look at his resume he states very often for us not to misinterpret his intentions, he is just making a resume and people talk about themselves in resumes. But if you actually read it, it's very plain to see that he's high on himself, but what future D1 football player isn't? Society sucks like that.

The thing is, the great majority of superstars in high school end up coming to college, and either redshirt a year, or don't play much, and even if they do it is against insanely tougher competition. None of these things they're used to, so it becomes a humbling process (at least to an extent). I have moral standards significantly higher than most, and still unfortunately see things I don't like in players all the time, but egos tend to get deflated a bit once they make that step.

I hope I'm mistaken, but with the whole website thing, he just seems like he has quite an ego. He has great physical tools, and if I'm wrong about his ego, I'd be glad to have him.

Might just be a way for him to get his name out there.

Take a look at the site. If you have any sort of worthwhile moral compass you'll change your mind.

I have nothing wrong with giving the rest of us an insider view of the recruiting process by posting letters, but some parts of his website definitely look over the top.

http://www.qbforce.com/home_pics/philosophies.htm

That's not to say that his attitude is represented by the website; maybe he's shooting for just getting his name out there and not realizing that what it comes off as is something different, which is very possible on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...