RB Knile Davis

Player: Knile Davis

Hometown: Fort Bend, TX

Position: RB

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 209 lbs.

40 time: 4.48

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Baylor, Arizona, LSU, Ole Miss, Missisippi State, Central Florida, TCU, Houston

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Scout's #19 RB. ESPN Evaluation: Davis's national recruiting stock should soar with an injury-free senior season, we saw enough physical talent in the limited games he played as junior to get excited about his production as a college running back. Ideal frame at the position with good height and bulk; actually appears more compact and thickly-built, particularly through his hips and lower-body, than his listed measurable. Good urgency out of his stance and does not waste much time squaring up his shoulder pads and accelerating downhill. Deceptive lateral quickness to elude initial defenders at the line of scrimmage and bounce outside before cutting back. Link here: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%. Davis says Missouri is recruiting him very hard. Randy Jordan is recruiting him for Texas A&M.

• 2 months later...

his top 5 are Nebraska, Oklahoma, LSU, Arkansas, and Missery.

wants to go to a school that is going to run the football, like NU and OU.

said in an article on scout that he thinks that NU is one of the best schools for him to play at.

i say 60/40 NU ahead of OU at this point

said in an article on scout that he thinks that NU is one of the best schools for him to play at.

:clap

Any idea when he wants to decide?

what's this taking all these high 3 and 4 star players? i thought these guys couldn't recruit dedhoarse:sarcasm

what's this taking all these high 3 and 4 star players? i thought these guys couldn't recruit dedhoarse:sarcasm

There's a difference between them having interest and actually landing them Vuren

There's a difference between them having interest and actually landing them Vuren

here is a comparison to look at.

2007 first 9 commitments * rating from scout

2*-1

3*-7

4*-0

5*-1

2008 first 9 commitments * rating from scout

2*-1

3*-7

4*-0

5*-1

so i think that this staff is doing just fine

As much as I hate to say it, the old staff did recruit Texas hard. (the one thing they were any good at). I believe this did help us in the state of Texas. Some recruits have even made the comment that " there are alot of kids from Texas at Nebraska and that make me feel more comfortable). So, yes I think this staff is working very hard to recruit in Texas and many other places. Previous efforts in Texas IMO helped that area quite a bit.

I also think Bo's reputation in the south and with the defenses he has coached also helps out big time.

It might be a 4 team race with Davis. The LSU faithful dont think they'll take another RB unless they can flip Trent Richardson. And LSU hasnt even offered Rivals 100 super stud Christine Micheal, and he sounds like he REALLY likes LSU (must be nice to be that selective)

You guys or OU are probably the clear front runners here. He wasnt even on Arkansas' radar until very recently and Mizzou seems like all their chips are on Wingo.

Is he in Oku's league? Because I know a lot of Husker fans are really, really high on Oku.

From the report:

While he displays some good straight-line speed down the sideline, he is more of a one-speed back who lacks a great second gear. His listed 40 time did not always match his play speed. We question his ability to pick and slide through traffic at the next level and hit the small run creases; should excel more in two-back, power-running schemes than as a zone runner in a spread system. Not a homerun threat but Davis possesses great high-carry, workhorse type qualities to pound the football and wear out defenders by the fourth quarter.

It sounds like he's not the speed/homerun back we're looking for to complement Dtray (our 'power' back). It sounds like he and Robinson are more in the same mold.

I wonder how heavy our staff is still recruiting him? Because I thought we were looking for a different type of back for the last RB spot. Then again, Oku seems to not care about depth charts, so perhaps we can have our cake and eat it, too. Very, very thoroughly eat it.