OLB Cordarius Golston

Any news on this guy? Haven't heard anything for quite awhile.

:dunno

Apparently holding out hope of additional offers. He currently holds (according to Scout) offers from Nebraska, Arizona, and Colorado State. Not sure if he got one from La. Tech.

He has visited Arizona. Has had positive things to say about the Cody Green commitment back in July.

From Huskerjournal:

OCTOBER 24, 2008. PREP STAR

CORDARIUS GOLSTON, LB, 6-1, 195, 4.5, LANCASTER, TEXAS

“I visited Arizona last weekend,” Golston said. “It was great, a great experience. I like coach Stoops and the team. I went up there with Demontre Hurst.”

“I have a chance to play early there Arizona looses two linebackers to graduation and two more the next year.” Golston said

“I like Arizona’s academics. They have a great political science program. On the academic side they sit down with you and help you with your work, and they help you on the physical side too. What I like about Arizona too, they treat us (recruits) like we were their own players. ” Golston said

“Arizona is leading right now. I will know more when I visit other teams.’” Golston added

“I went to Nebraska camp last summer and met Bo (Pelini). We spent the night in a dorm just like college. We had lock down at 10 PM and woke up at 7 AM. We all lined up and went to the cafeteria and ate breakfast.” Golston said

“I wanted to go to LSU when Bo was there because he’s a great coach, but he moved on and went to Nebraska.” Goldston added

“At Nebraska they have great facilities. The only thing I don’t like about Nebraska is the walk-on program. They have too many linebackers. I don’t like that.” Golston said

“I like Kansas too,” Golston said. “They have great facilities. I don’t know too much about their team. For what I saw (television games) they have a great team. They are need of linebackers like Arizona.”

“I will visit Kansas when the season is over, that’s when all their recruits visit.” Golston added

From Huskerjournal:

“I visited Arizona last weekend,” Golston said. “It was great, a great experience. I like coach Stoops and the team. I went up there with Demontre Hurst.”

“I have a chance to play early there Arizona looses two linebackers to graduation and two more the next year.” Golston said

“I like Arizona’s academics. They have a great political science program. On the academic side they sit down with you and help you with your work, and they help you on the physical side too. What I like about Arizona too, they treat us (recruits) like we were their own players. ” Golston said

“Arizona is leading right now. I will know more when I visit other teams.’” Golston added

“I went to Nebraska camp last summer and met Bo (Pelini). We spent the night in a dorm just like college. We had lock down at 10 PM and woke up at 7 AM. We all lined up and went to the cafeteria and ate breakfast.” Golston said

“I wanted to go to LSU when Bo was there because he’s a great coach, but he moved on and went to Nebraska.” Goldston added

“At Nebraska they have great facilities. The only thing I don’t like about Nebraska is the walk-on program. They have too many linebackers. I don’t like that.” Golston said.

“I like Kansas too,” Golston said. “They have great facilities. I don’t know too much about their team. For what I saw (television games) they have a great team. They are need of linebackers like Arizona.”

“I will visit Kansas when the season is over, that’s when all their recruits visit.” Golston added

If this guy can't compete against walk-ons for a linebacker position, what good is he?

From Huskerjournal:

“At Nebraska they have great facilities. The only thing I don’t like about Nebraska is the walk-on program. They have too many linebackers. I don’t like that.” Golston said.

If this guy can't compete against walk-ons for a linebacker position, what good is he?

Exactly what I thought when I first read that comment.

From Huskerjournal:

Exactly what I thought when I first read that comment.

Yep, probably should pass on this guy.

There's an old saying about the cream always rising to the top. If he's the best then he'd win out. Strange that he'd be afraid of competition.

I suppose the thought is he'd be behind guys who'd been in the system longer and can see that on the field walkons are being played ahead of highly touted incoming freshman. Of course the only reason for doing so at this point is to avoid sacrificing freshman player's eligibility.

My guess is his statement is the result of a negative recruiting tactic by one of the other teams, as many high school athletes aren't particularly daunted by the depth chart (as compared with other factors like distance).

he must be out his f#cking mind. every school he goes to will have somebody in front of him and he would still have to compete...does he think that the minute he stepped on campus that they will just hand him the job?...if he can't compete against a walkon then he's not good enough anyway...competition makes you better

Not sounding good, but with the way recruiting is taking an upturn I don't think we'll need him.

I can understand not wanting to go to someplace that is logjammed with studs, how many bluechips end-up riding pine at USC? but we aren't USC, seems like this kid doesn't want any competition for a job.

Not sounding good, but with the way recruiting is taking an upturn I don't think we'll need him.

I can understand not wanting to go to someplace that is logjammed with studs, how many bluechips end-up riding pine at USC? but we aren't USC, seems like this kid doesn't want any competition for a job.

Rest of his interests are terrible teams that are historically decent so I can imagine this is the case. We appear to be one of the better programs out of his list. It looks like he compiled a list of good programs that are having down years and put it up as his interests.