1997 Huskers 'Overrated' Ivan Maisel thinks so

Herbstreet is a jack ass....I liked his commentating until this clip...he obviously is entitled to his opinion, but he has some sort of memory loss...

Nebraska in 94-95 were the best ever....or at least as good as anyone....I agree, we need to move on and we cant live on yesterday....BO and his staff will have to make these fools on ESPN remember what the Big Red is really about....

....kudos to Holtz for having Nebraskas back and for Blackledge for recognizing our dominance in the 90s..

I can't seem to find the original article by Maisel, but I doubt by saying the '97 Huskers were over rated, that he meant (or even mentioned) the '97 Wolvies were better than us..(I could be wrong).

I remember someone (Joe Theisman?) complaining that you don't loose your #1 rank after winning your Bowl game (like Mechicken), but he seemed to forget We lost our #1 rank after the close call against Missery that same season.

Now imagine if we could've played the '96 (overrated MNC) Florida Gators..Even though we barely lost to Texass in the B12 Championship game and to ASU early in the season..I can't imagine Spurier could've improved his team THAT much a year after Getting killed in the Fiesta by our '95 team.

While looking for Ivanski's article (since the link didn't seem to get me to the right page) I came across an Interesting article Father and son is a special situation when it's also coach and QB

please, it is time to stop reliving the past...let's move forward!!

I agree... While it nice to look at our past it is really time to stop with the ESPN bashing, and the "they hate us 'cause we are great" stuff. We are lucky to have such a glorious past, and we should know it, but we need to plan for the future, instead of wishing for the past, just my thoughts......