SIGNED: LB Chris Williams

Oh Man, that's horrible news. Blown out knee to our best defensive recruits. This guy looked good to play next year. Good luck young man and hopefully he gets good advice from the Husker Medical staff about performing the surgery. This sucks.

It's always tougher for defensive players to come back from ACLs then offensive skill ones because they know where they're going as the defender is more reactionary.

D. Maclin blew out his ACL in camp, that's why he redshirted. He came back fine as a receiver because he doesn't have to back peddle and knows where's he going on his routes. It's much harder for corners and defensive players. I'm not holding my breath on Blue to much either.

Can anyone name me a corner/linebacker that came back to good form after blowing out a knee??

Can anyone name me a corner/linebacker that came back to good form after blowing out a knee??

Rod Woodson, former stud Penn St. LB Paul Paulooski or how ever you spell his name. 2 off the top of my head that came back @ a high level. It depends more on he psychological mindset of the athlete in my opinion. With strong rehab dedication and strong willed attitude one can come back. A good surgeon that does the surgery also helps

Torn acl mcl and meniscus.

IF thats all it is thats not that bad. he should have surgery soon and I would think he would be RSing..... he should be fine by that time.

best of luck to him... injuries suck

I really hope this was meant to be sarcastic! Tearing every major ligament in your knee is ALWAYS bad!

People under estimate the severity of these kinds of injuries, because they seem to be happening more often, and players seem to come back from them. You forget that the percent of people anywhere who come back to 80-90% is not that great.

Modern medicine or not, I wish him the best in his future, and don't worry about the Huskers. Just get that knee right, and things will work themselves out. Good luck.

no I was actually being 100% serious. if its just that straight forward.... normally when you see a situation with that many injuries there are also other things going on that are not as prevalent. that is not to say that it isnt a serious injury.... it is, but I would guess there is probably more to it that that...

also it should be noted that meniscus and ACL often (over 50%) go hand and hand

Sorry if this was already posted but heres how the injury happened according to an Abilene reporter:

"Chris tripped over the first-down chain on a play on the sideline. Then he stumbled and landed with his left knee on a cement curb separating the field from the surrounding track."

no I was actually being 100% serious. if its just that straight forward.... normally when you see a situation with that many injuries there are also other things going on that are not as prevalent. that is not to say that it isnt a serious injury.... it is, but I would guess there is probably more to it that that...

The biggest problem would have been if he had torn his PCL. Fortunately, it does not look like he did. If he didn't, his surgery should be pretty straight forward. We all know about the ACL injuries and more times than not you will tear your meniscus if you tear your ACL. The MCL can repair itself with rest unless he did some extreme damage to that ligament.

The biggest problem would have been if he had torn his PCL. Fortunately, it does not look like he did. If he didn't, his surgery should be pretty straight forward. We all know about the ACL injuries and more times than not you will tear your meniscus if you tear your ACL. The MCL can repair itself with rest unless he did some extreme damage to that ligament.

Hopefully everything will go as expected. We are all aware of guys who were never the same after knee injuries. OTOH Bowman had both knees injured and ended up playing pretty well in the NFL (before the biceps injury).

Sorry if this was already posted but heres how the injury happened according to an Abilene reporter:

"Chris tripped over the first-down chain on a play on the sideline. Then he stumbled and landed with his left knee on a cement curb separating the field from the surrounding track."

ugh... thats unreal

Hopefully everything will go as expected. We are all aware of guys who were never the same after knee injuries. OTOH Bowman had both knees injured and ended up playing pretty well in the NFL (before the biceps injury).

The biggest thing is he will likely have plenty of time to rest that leg and likely even more. I would not be surprised to see him rehab into the season next year and likely apply for a medical RS. No need to rush him with a knee injury since the kid will be here for a long time.

Normally athletes with knee injuries always want to rush back into action, but Chris does not need to and hopefully our medical staff and his doctors encourage him to take this slowly like they have with Anthony Blue.