non-conference games he'd like to see

np_husker

univeristy of miami @ nebraska or at a neutral site. it's high time the hurricanes start paying for those supposed "neutral field" environments in the orange bowl.

Yeah, we could make space for a game like that by dropping you guys, Cy, but then where would the Cyclones be. We'll keep you, as you know, Mangino loves cupcakes... And he is showing he knows what to do with em.

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

One good year and you guys act like you know your way around the neighborhood. I remember about 8 or 9 years ago when a guy with a Jay(Basketball School)hawk shirt on backed down from C-Bear and she was 10 years old. Wait till you've had more than one good team before you start pitchin' crap.

T_O_B

:bonez:horns2:horns2:bonez

I agree...a lot of big talk for a team that had one good year, but didn't even have a schedule that was all that challenging. Lets see where they end up this year...maybe that will shut them up.

WISCONSIN!!!!!

Come on the Barry Alvarez, T.O. connection. Getting to meet the Huskers part deux on the field.

I know these nuetral site games are all the rage, but often there's more lost than gained. And unless you have an event like OU-TEX have with the Texas state fair. Your not guaranteed to sell out.

Besides it's a lot easier to build a semi regional rivalry than a cross country shootout every year.

I remember after we played Iowa in 1999 and 2000, Shatel writing something about how this was supposed to be something great, but it just wasn't there, for a number reasons(that I can't remember)...I agree...let's go for something with history. Nebraska-Miami would be great. I loved Nebraska-Notre Dame too. Third choice would have to be Nebraska versus Pac-10 (see NU vs. Washington, 90-91, 97; NU vs. Cal, 98-99; NU vs. UCLA, 93-94; NU vs. USC, 05-06).

Put these games in the home stadiums as a home-and-home thing and it would be so much cooler.

Maybe it's because I grew up, in Iowa, went to school and lived in Nebraska and am back in Iowa. But I'd love to see this every year (next to NU/OU every year). Back when we did the Home-Home 8-9 years ago I thought it was great! I am not an Iowa hater at all...but there was definitely a big time buzz on both sides of the river back then.

Oh and by the way....that was when Crouch LEVELED the Iowa DB:

After watching some more highlights, I want to know how you canseriously say that the option can't work (it has been said on this board to me many times). Last I checked, when you had a Crouch or a Frazier, you guys were AWESOME. put it back!!!! Leave the West Coast and the SPread for people who need that sorta help...

After watching some more highlights, I want to know how you canseriously say that the option can't work (it has been said on this board to me many times). Last I checked, when you had a Crouch or a Frazier, you guys were AWESOME. put it back!!!! Leave the West Coast and the SPread for people who need that sorta help...

I was just looking at my wiskey decanter and it has --> 1972 Orange Bowl NU 38 Bama 6

Because the guy that could win NCs with the option has retired from coaching and is now our AD.

Everyone here should write Jamrog a letter asking him to schedule a home-and-home with Miami. :)

Only if they want to come to Lincoln in January

To much of this :koolaid2: boys, I don't want to see NU play anybody from the SEC except for maybe Vanderbilt. I'm sorry but we would get stomped, hell even their kickers run 4.3's

Everyone here should write Jamrog a letter asking him to schedule a home-and-home with Miami. :)

Only if they want to come to Lincoln in January

To much of this :koolaid2: boys, I don't want to see NU play anybody from the SEC except for maybe Vanderbilt. I'm sorry but we would get stomped, hell even their kickers run 4.3's

Actually, Miama and Free Shoes U. are in the ACC.

BC (Before Callahan) we did pretty well in Bowls against the SEC. (See my Sig.) :box

I used to promote a "Home and Away" matchup with Fla on the GatorBoard site, but they usually just said their conference games were too tough to go looking for any tough games outside their conference (Other than FSU and UM). <_<

I even said, "Hey..This is your best chance to get revenge for the "Fiesta Fiasco" but they still seem a little spooked.