Shawn Watson should be fired?

Exacly, we shouldn't be in a shoot out. But, we called very little running plays so....

And no I don't think we should fire him. I don't know about giving him FULL reins either. He obviously needs help. I think play calling is part of the problem. He may need help with the play calling/ game plan.

I suppose Watson could give the ball to Lucky, Castille and Helu more often and determine which one had the better 2.6 yard gain. Or he could take what Ganz gives him, which is 290 yards in 38 attempts.

This is the same offense that marched right back against Missouri with a surgical drive to tie the score, the same defense that forced the offense to play catch-up, the same team that committed way too many penalties in a game where there was no margin of error.

None of this suckage and disappointment can be laid at the feet of the offensive play calling.

Curious that with Missouri scorching the Nebraska defense for more points than last year, the finger-pointing is aimed at the offensive coordinator. It was the defense that had no where to go but up, and the head coach was brought in as a defensive genius. And from where I was sitting — in a motel with a hooker on my lap — it looked like the defense simply made no adjustments. And just like last year, Mizzou soon realized it could do whatever it wanted.

We can't lay any blame on the offense now? I mean this is the same offense that put up 10 and yes 10 because that last touchdown was against the male cheerleaders from Columbia on the what #95 D in the country? Against VaTech, we had 3rd and short the first two possessions and ended up punting the ball. Then Ganz gift wraps 7. I just don't understand how some people can cut the offense this much slack. Last year, everyone kept going on about how high we were ranked offensively. However, they totally ignored the zero points we scored in the first half against a poor Okie State team.

Before the season even started, we knew the D was going to struggle and be a work in progress. The best way to keep a well timed and efficient offense from getting hot is to keep them on the sideline. This is how Oregon State beat USC. 2.6 yards/carry won't win many games. Rushing for 92yd/game won't win many games in this league. Ranking 110 or so in penalties won't win many games in this league. Missing sometimes 3 or 4 tackles on the same play won't win many games in this league. We are seeing way too many mental mistakes for being this far into the season. I almost guarantee we will struggle against the likes of KSU, Baylor, and ISU if we commit the same mental mistakes we did Saturday. The penalties are still mind boggling.

I suppose Watson could give the ball to Lucky, Castille and Helu more often and determine which one had the better 2.6 yard gain. Or he could take what Ganz gives him, which is 290 yards in 38 attempts.

This is the same offense that marched right back against Missouri with a surgical drive to tie the score, the same defense that forced the offense to play catch-up, the same team that committed way too many penalties in a game where there was no margin of error.

None of this suckage and disappointment can be laid at the feet of the offensive play calling.

Curious that with Missouri scorching the Nebraska defense for more points than last year, the finger-pointing is aimed at the offensive coordinator. It was the defense that had no where to go but up, and the head coach was brought in as a defensive genius. And from where I was sitting — in a motel with a hooker on my lap — it looked like the defense simply made no adjustments. And just like last year, Mizzou soon realized it could do whatever it wanted.

We can't lay any blame on the offense now? I mean this is the same offense that put up 10 and yes 10 because that last touchdown was against the male cheerleaders from Columbia on the what #95 D in the country? Against VaTech, we had 3rd and short the first two possessions and ended up punting the ball. Then Ganz gift wraps 7. I just don't understand how some people can cut the offense this much slack. Last year, everyone kept going on about how high we were ranked offensively. However, they totally ignored the zero points we scored in the first half against a poor Okie State team.

Before the season even started, we knew the D was going to struggle and be a work in progress. The best way to keep a well timed and efficient offense from getting hot is to keep them on the sideline. This is how Oregon State beat USC. 2.6 yards/carry won't win many games. Rushing for 92yd/game won't win many games in this league. Ranking 110 or so in penalties won't win many games in this league. Missing sometimes 3 or 4 tackles on the same play won't win many games in this league. We are seeing way too many mental mistakes for being this far into the season. I almost guarantee we will struggle against the likes of KSU, Baylor, and ISU if we commit the same mental mistakes we did Saturday. The penalties are still mind boggling.

:yeah All the yards in the world mean nothing if no points are getting put on the board. This offense needs to get sh!t straightened out if we are going to be competitve the rest of the year. Like doing more than scoring on our 1st and last drives of the game.

Seems to me execution is the much bigger problem than play calling, especially along the offensive line. I don't know where to assign that blame, but my inclination is to put it on the position coaches.

that was done.

last year.

aren't they pretty much gone??

hmmm... the players are mostly the same though aren't they?

At some point, don't we have to trust the coaching staff?

GO BO!!

Let me get this straight:

Last year we lose in Columbia 41 - 6. It's embarassing. We blame Callahan.

This year at home the offense scores four more points (I'll skip that last touchdown as well) and the defense gives up 11 more points (and Mizzou could easly have had 59) and everyone is blaming the playcallilng of the offensive coordinator?

This year at home the offense scores four more points (I'll skip that last touchdown as well) and the defense gives up 11 more points (and Mizzou could easly have had 59) and everyone is blaming the playcallilng of the offensive coordinator?

:cheers:cheers:cheers:yeah:cheers:cheers:cheers

Watson should remain our offensive coordinator. Sure, we only scored 17 points vs a top five team last weekend, but that is not the end of the world. His offense scored 73 points vs KSU last year. He deserves a couple more years for that game alone.

Lane Kiffin will also end up the HC of some random D1A team, I can not imagine him taking any lower position then that at this point.

:cheers:cheers:cheers:yeah:cheers:cheers:cheers

Double :yeah:yeah