Back up Qb and next year

HANC

None of them played against Mizzou because our offense needs some extra practice. Ganz has what now, 9 games under his belt as a starter?

Green broke his leg early last season at 4A Dayton, his backup lead them to state semis, where UT committ and Lake Travis killed them 49-14. They beat Highland Park 36-34 in title game. HP is where Stafford went and of course Reesing is also from Lake Travis.

I like the idea of throwing in a few packages for the backups like Witt and like Lee, just like we did in 2001 with Stuntz and Crouch in the OU game, plus it gives them some needed game time experience and helps set us up nicely for next year.. I just think we will be in alot of trouble if Ganz goes down, so lets prepare for the worse this year but also for next year.. Dont need to be stupid with Ganz

We chose not to give them much time in our 3 cupcakes. Now, it might be the only game they get a shot is against ISU. Baylor will be a dogfight I'm afraid which will not help out of backup QB's getting experience. I'm still dazed and confused why we saw neither of them in the Mizzou game.

the clones have clawed their way into creampuff status (#95). they should get a backup some time against ISU, but who knows? but as you pointed out, they didn't play backup qbs against the other creampuffs.

I hope the game is close enough that they need the ganzinator the whole way.

BTW-- He can go back to the interception mode for one week. ;)

We chose not to give them much time in our 3 cupcakes. Now, it might be the only game they get a shot is against ISU. Baylor will be a dogfight I'm afraid which will not help out of backup QB's getting experience. I'm still dazed and confused why we saw neither of them in the Mizzou game.

the clones have clawed their way into creampuff status (#95). they should get a backup some time against ISU, but who knows? but as you pointed out, they didn't play backup qbs against the other creampuffs.

what are we?? we cant be that far behind at 3-3

Just creating a topic for hypothetical scenarios........

What if Ganz goes down......is it Lee or Witt......and do either of these guys give us a chance to win. What does anyone know about each...

Next year, Lee or Witt, or will it be a newcomer? Cody Green or Spano?

I personally think it will be Lee, but not based on much.

My hope is that Green comes in during the spring and beats out all of them and we have a 4 year starter at QB.

We would be sitting a lot of talent with the Qbs that we have if Green came in and beat everyone out, but hey why not when we are trying to rebuild the face of the program. He looks like he could be the real deal that no one knows too much about. Spano sounds like he has a good future though. If I had to pick between Witt and Lee though I'd probably stick the big guy in Witt in there and see if he can manage our offense.

This, my friends is a wonderful conversation. Which of potentially four excellent QB's will emerge? What a great position NU is in --- even if 1/2 these guys do not pan out as being what they were cracked up to be (which is probably too pessimistic a view) then we still have two young guys who can be excellent. This is so much better a situation than what has been the case.

So.... I do not care which one --- Spano, Lee, Witt, or Green ends up the man --- I simply know that between the four of them NU should be set for 3 -4 years (maybe 5 years) at QB. That position is a great one to be in.

next up.....recuit some damn good linemen, on both sides of the ball! :box

I see comments that nobody wants a true freshman starting, yet you are nervous about a QB starting with no experience. If you are playing a new QB every two years or one year as it has been lately, you always have a QB with no experience. If you start a true freshman, you have a true freshman for one year, then a experienced starter for 3.

Which has worked wonders for Freeman at Kstate!

I have my money on Spano. He has the arm AND legs to be a great asset in the new nebraska offense. All I know of Lee is that he didn't have much of a senior year in HS. But given that he is the only other QB to see snaps, maybe the coaches are seeing something we're not?

http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

wow. I would have never guessed that

And #39 last week as well. Does any one know NU's strength of schedule?

And #39 last week as well. Does any one know NU's strength of schedule?

i remember seeing something on cbs sports but i dont think its correct but it said we had #1 SOS...