Back up Qb and next year

HANC

We chose not to give them much time in our 3 cupcakes. Now, it might be the only game they get a shot is against ISU. Baylor will be a dogfight I'm afraid which will not help out of backup QB's getting experience. I'm still dazed and confused why we saw neither of them in the Mizzou game.

the clones have clawed their way into creampuff status (#95). they should get a backup some time against ISU, but who knows? but as you pointed out, they didn't play backup qbs against the other creampuffs.

I hope the game is close enough that they need the ganzinator the whole way.

BTW-- He can go back to the interception mode for one week. ;)

what are we?? we cant be that far behind at 3-3

http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

And #39 last week as well. Does any one know NU's strength of schedule?

i remember seeing something on cbs sports but i dont think its correct but it said we had #1 SOS...

Looked it up. We are still #1

I see comments that nobody wants a true freshman starting, yet you are nervous about a QB starting with no experience. If you are playing a new QB every two years or one year as it has been lately, you always have a QB with no experience. If you start a true freshman, you have a true freshman for one year, then a experienced starter for 3.

Which has worked wonders for Freeman at Kstate!

I have my money on Spano. He has the arm AND legs to be a great asset in the new nebraska offense. All I know of Lee is that he didn't have much of a senior year in HS. But given that he is the only other QB to see snaps, maybe the coaches are seeing something we're not?

Don't let Hate blind you. Freeman is pretty good, he just plays on a really bad team and is a moron, and has a worthless piece of garbage as a coach. But other than that he is a pretty good qb.

personal opinion: watson will continue to evolve the 'wco' and move more and more to a spread. that's the vibe i'm getting from the program right now.

this spring should be interesting: four quarterbacks and it's wide open as to who will be the starter.

We chose not to give them much time in our 3 cupcakes. Now, it might be the only game they get a shot is against ISU. Baylor will be a dogfight I'm afraid which will not help out of backup QB's getting experience. I'm still dazed and confused why we saw neither of them in the Mizzou game.

the clones have clawed their way into creampuff status (#95). they should get a backup some time against ISU, but who knows? but as you pointed out, they didn't play backup qbs against the other creampuffs.

I hope the game is close enough that they need the ganzinator the whole way.

BTW-- He can go back to the interception mode for one week. ;)

what are we?? we cant be that far behind at 3-3

http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

And #39 last week as well. Does any one know NU's strength of schedule?

i remember seeing something on cbs sports but i dont think its correct but it said we had #1 SOS...

Looked it up. We are still #1

We're #45 with the #1 SOSSportsline.com

None of them played against Mizzou because our offense needs some extra practice. Ganz has what now, 9 games under his belt as a starter?

Next year, we will have a QB with basically zero games under his belt. Everyone is calling Ganz's mistakes as sophomore mistakes. Next year, we could have what a jr. making freshman mistakes? Not giving backup QB's reps ends with results similar to Jamal Lord and the 2002 season. I'm of the opinion we pay for not playing them this year next year. Of course this discussion is all for none if we start a true freshman or redshirt freshman next year.

I see comments that nobody wants a true freshman starting, yet you are nervous about a QB starting with no experience. If you are playing a new QB every two years or one year as it has been lately, you always have a QB with no experience. If you start a true freshman, you have a true freshman for one year, then a experienced starter for 3.

I have my money on Spano. He has the arm AND legs to be a great asset in the new nebraska offense. All I know of Lee is that he didn't have much of a senior year in HS. But given that he is the only other QB to see snaps, maybe the coaches are seeing something we're not?

Witt also has seen time, in fact I think he has more snaps?? Someone confirm?

Witt also has seen time, in fact I think he has more snaps?? Someone confirm?

He has taken a few snaps. But do they count if you drop both of them?

I think the coaches are the only ones that have a clue to who it will be, and they probably aren't talking openly about it too much, a lot can change between now and Spring practices. I have been voicing my concern over this whole thing with the QB position next year all this season. When the game is out of hand, it is a good time to throw one or two of your backups in and let them get some experience, Bo isn't doing that because he is still trying to work the kinks out of this offense (rightfully so).

It is really putting us at a disadvantage not getting someone some playing time for next year...I hope that this will be happening maybe in the next couple of weeks. Better yet....I would love to have Colorado totally blown out by halftime, then give a couple of them a full quarter to work...

Witt this year and next. Cerebral and a great arm, but lacks the wheels of Ganz or Lee which will take away a dimension from our offense.

Lee would be the QB, but he just doesn't have the mental part of the game down. TERRIFIC arm and a great athlete, but makes too many mistakes. Supposedly will make a beautiful play in practice, but follow it up with a couple plays that will leave you saying WTF. If he cut down on those, he would easily be our QB.

In a perfect world all four of our top guys would get game reps. But since our only blowout was against us. Putting in the backup tells your boys there is absolutely no chance you'll win. Even when it's true it's not a smart move when your team has a rep of quitting on games.

Not really the message you want to send your boys when your constantly emphasising heart and all out effort till the whistle blows.