castille has to be converted

Most D-I running backs are great athletes; what makes you think he will make a great linebacker? One running back translating into a great linebacker doesn't mean all will.

Castille just needs to take care of the fumbles. We're not going to have a lot of depth next year at RB. There's no sense in having only one RB next year with real experience.

Because most schools recruiting him were going to use him as a LB. He was rated higher as a LB than running back coming out of HS. Because he looks to hit people with reckless abandon and forgets he's running the ball sometimes therefore fumbling.

That what you want from a LB. Speed, intelligence, and agression.

However, let's see what Bo and Carl think about it. I am of the opinion that these two are very gifted defensive minds. It is like poetry when this defense executes, albeit rarely. Getting more and more consistent every game.

I'm under the impression that we dont have a choice. :thumbs

Excellent point, sir!

and let me say I am totally comfortable with that. I am VERY happy with the coaches so far

Yes, as am I

You normally useto think of Linebackers and Running backs as being interchangeable.

A couple years ago, my Nephew was a 4.3 forty guy and started at IB for two years at 5A Mesa Dobson.

Due to injuries in the middle of his SR season, the coach had him playing both LB and IB..

He really sucked at Defense..No killer instinct unless he had the ball or was blocking (pancaking) someone..Guess he had too much empathy for ball carriers?.

Also cost him a thousand yard season...unless you count the three TD kickoff returns.

I wonder if Castille even wants to play D?

He might have a better chance of playing at the next level at LB/DE.

what good is a short yardage back if he fumbles? he's great athlete. convert him to a the other side of the ball. I know I have harped on this a lot, but this guy is going to cost us a game. that was a HUGE fumble. luckily the D stepped up. but he wasnt even hit that hard

Looked to me on TV that he got a Baylor finger to his eye. That would probably make most folks think about dropping the ball.......

Most D-I running backs are great athletes; what makes you think he will make a great linebacker? One running back translating into a great linebacker doesn't mean all will.

Castille just needs to take care of the fumbles. We're not going to have a lot of depth next year at RB. There's no sense in having only one RB next year with real experience.

Because most schools recruiting him were going to use him as a LB. He was rated higher as a LB than running back coming out of HS. Because he looks to hit people with reckless abandon and forgets he's running the ball sometimes therefore fumbling.

That what you want from a LB. Speed, intelligence, and agression.

However, let's see what Bo and Carl think about it. I am of the opinion that these two are very gifted defensive minds. It is like poetry when this defense executes, albeit rarely. Getting more and more consistent every game.

from a physical point (size speed and athletic ability) this guy is really impressive...wouldn't mind it to see him try LB..bet he would look really fast as a LB..we need speed...the guy kind of reminds me of dan alexander because of his size/speed...maybe not quite as fast as alexander...i've always thought alexander would have been a beast had they decided to play him at LB

I love how one RB getts converted to LB, now any player not playing well at there position should be converted to LB. Do you really think it's that easy? If they where that intrchangeble, we would have NO depth issues at LB.

Guess I'm tired of people acting like anyone with speed can play LB. It takes smarts, and a killer instinct to play at that position. Give Glenn some respect, what he has done is quite a feat!

I love how one RB getts converted to LB, now any player not playing well at there position should be converted to LB. Do you really think it's that easy? If they where that intrchangeble, we would have NO depth issues at LB.

Guess I'm tired of people acting like anyone with speed can play LB. It takes smarts, and a killer instinct to play at that position. Give Glenn some respect, what he has done is quite a feat!

again...if we had tons of depth there i would say its not worth it..... but we dont....plous as is the kid wont see the field. he is NOT a good rb right now. its about trying to get your best players on the field

again...if we had tons of depth there i would say its not worth it..... but we dont....plous as is the kid wont see the field. he is NOT a good rb right now. its about trying to get your best players on the field

We just have so much depth at RB?

If Castille converts to LB now, it's a lost season for him. Glenn took a spring and fall to get to where he is now. This is mid-season.

If this were Callahan, btw, and Castille were converted, we'd be jumping down his throat for mismanaging and juggling players around...just saying.

Used to be when unlimited recruiting was allowed, NU would recruit 10-15 running backs and very few DBs. If a player washed out at I back he would be moved to DB.

Different time and a different team! I can't say enough how people our undervaluing the LB spot. Sure you could throw a dozen athletes into the position. And you would end up with a bunch of half ass LBs, who can't tackle to save their lives. (And frankly we have to many poor tacklers to begin with!)

LB is NOT a throw away position. It may well be the most important on the defense!