Bo's post-game interview...

Interesting on not making the players available, saying it was told to them that the team is moving on after that loss and they were not to talk about the game. I hope it works and I'm definately ready to look to KU. Evidently the media couldn't grasp that cause they kept asking when they could talk to the players. I thought Bo's response was fair. Anyways, here's a link...

Bo's interview on OWH site...

It's 15 minutes long, so here's pretty much what he was asked/talked about throughout...

On why Bo didn't make the players available after the game: "Cause Oklahoma's over and we're moving on, so I'm not talking about it... they're not available."

On if the players will be available for comment later on this week: "Then I won't make them available for you all week if that's what you want."

On kickoff covereage: "We got our tails kicked on coverage, with guys outta their lanes."

On injuries: "Lucky will be okay, Murtha probably a week, but not sure yet."

On Moore's ejection in the 4th quarter: "I ejected him for the 15 yard penalty."

Evaluating Joe Ganz' gameplay: "He started off bad...I thought he came back strong later.

On how the team will respond to the loss: "We're not a team that points fingers at each other, we hang together through thick and thin...we're gonna keep working."

On how he would characterize defensive execution: "Lousy...that was a poorly coached defense out there, and I'm at the head of that."

More on Joe Ganz: "By no means me saying he had an off game am I putting the loss on him...he's the reason we're sitting here at 5-4 instead on 2-7."

On the gameplan: " I don't think there was any sense of panic, we just didn't respond well as a team to some of the adversity that we had. we needed to step up and make a big play so we could catch our breath and we were never able to."

On Roy Helu: "I thought he played really well tonight."

On the team: "They didn't quit...they played hard."

On what he told the team during halftime: "Just to play the game like it was 0-0...we weren't gonna come back at that time...we just have to move on, which is where we're at right now."

On the gap where NU is as a team right now compared to OU: "About 34 points...we have a ways to go. We don't execute enough."

On the running backs: "I don't have too many concerns with our running backs."

We were as ready as we could be.

We faced a tough opponent that needed to win more than we did.

We are down on talent, just like we have been for the last 8 years, it does not change overnight.

They never quit the whole game and that first 5 minutes was enough for most teams to just pack it in.

We wanted a team this year that never quit, we have that.

We wanted improvement over last year, we have that.

We are right where we should be. Moving forward, beating the teams we should, losing to the ones we should.

7-5 at a minimum, possibly 8-4. In honesty last night will make this team tougher for the Kansas game.

I am not happy with the outcome of last nights game. But I am happy with the fire and tenacity of the team. Talent wins games period.

Realistic was the cry early in the year. Where some thought we would magically be able to win this game had forgotten about their orignal requests. Being accurate in your position on the team is not negativity. We are where some thought we would be, and honestly I am still happy about where we are.

We are down on talent, just like we have been for the last 8 years, it does not change overnight.

They never quit the whole game and that first 5 minutes was enough for most teams to just pack it in.

We are right where we should be. Moving forward, beating the teams we should, losing to the ones we should.

7-5 at a minimum, possibly 8-4. In honesty last night will make this team tougher for the Kansas game.

I am not happy with the outcome of last nights game. But I am happy with the fire and tenacity of the team. Talent wins games period.

Realistic was the cry early in the year. Where some thought we would magically be able to win this game had forgotten about their orignal requests. Being accurate in your position on the team is not negativity. We are where some thought we would be, and honestly I am still happy about where we are.

I agree 100%

You could dedhoarse on we don't have talent, or that we haven't had talent for 8 years but all the talent in the world will not solve the problems.

We are 9 games into the season and continually have to burn time outs to get kids lined up correctly on defense and they still allow every WR on the field to run their routes unmolested.

I'm not going to even begin to try to disect what the problems on "D" are, but talent is only part of the problem.

I thought Bo's simply stating "we got steamrolled and we were embarrased, now let's move on" was better than having the brilliant Nebraska media torturing the players with their insightful questions such as: "Joe Ganz how does it feel to lose" or if Witt had played earlier would the huskers win? or how about Mr. Suh do you feel like the team was ready to play and would you rather play offense or defense? Who writes these questions anyway.

You could dedhoarse on we don't have talent, or that we haven't had talent for 8 years but all the talent in the world will not solve the problems.

We are 9 games into the season and continually have to burn time outs to get kids lined up correctly on defense and they still allow every WR on the field to run their routes unmolested.

I'm not going to even begin to try to disect what the problems on "D" are, but talent is only part of the problem.

We burn more defensive timeouts then any team in the nation.

I also agree it is game 9 and kids still can't line up correctly, that has nothing to do with talent.

That is the point guys, it does have to do with talent. It is not a coaching problem.

This coach has had fantastic defenses during his tours at Oklahoma and LSU. He has been in charge of them and made them work.

Talent is not limited to on field athletic ability. It is the ability to learn, adapt and understand their rolls, their limits. There is something missing there is no question, but it is not coaching in my mind.

If you were take all physical abilities into consideration, my guess is that we are on par with Baylor, Texas A&M, Colorado, Iowa State. Not close to Oklahoma, Texas, Tech, OK State, Missouri. Closer to Kansas than we think.

We are seeing the same problems we saw with the last defensive staff. Now we have had two defensive ideas and we are failing against top competition. We can blame the past staff, but it is becoming obvious that it was not just the past staffs problems. This is a talent issue period. You can only give them the tools, if they can not use them, well we see what is happening.

I agree somewhat, but there is a question of pride, not talent when OU is going to go in for the 9th touchdown. This team is far too scared to be on national television.

watching that interview was pretty interesting...it looked like Bo was really on the edge of losing his cool at the beginning....glad he calmed down....

it's gotta be tougher on this team than he is letting on, but GOD! I love this team's resolve to keep going!

It was a tough loss, but the silver lining is the fact that it was against a SOMEBODY! and not the blowouts last year that were to NOBODYS....

GO BIG RED!

**I'm gonna buy Bo a fountain for his desk....hopefully it will soothe him.....

we neede them to play very poor and us play to the same level as we did 3 weeks ago..... the opposite happened.

move on and get a win next week. keep working.