Roy Helu Jr.

Whether he is starting or not, he has become a huge part of this offense. He played on hell of a game today, as did Joe Ganz. I would still like to see us rush more, but will take what we did today...it was a good game, take away the missed tackles and the turnovers.

Hopefully this cements in peoples mind Helu IS the best back we have and probably will be a great one. He doesnt really have any knocks agianst him. He proved he can catch, he proved he can ran and he DOES have breakaway speed. The only time i have seen him get caught from behind is when a man has an angle, but he straight up beat people down the field on his long run. Lucky is still a very productive back especially in the receiving aspect, but I am more than comfortable with Helu on the field and the future is bright for this one!!!!

One more thing I really liked about Roy on Saturday, He missed a block shortly after he was in the game and Ganz got sacked because of it...............But, He went to the sidelines, got talked to about it, and never missed another block the whole time he was in. It's nice to see a kid take in the information and apply it immediatly. Great game Roy! :horns2

If Lucky isn't 100% he shouldn't play. Helu is playing well and there is no need to possibly hurt Marlon more. Helu looked good and hopefully continues to play that way, but we will need Lucky not this week but at least for CU and the Bowl game.

Also it is nice to see Ganz finally looking for his RB on pass plays. I don't think he did this enough early in the year and if you ask me Lucky and Helu out of the backfield are money and need to be used as much as possible.

I think Helu is definitely #1 back after yesterday. Lucky seems like he is a step off, and I don't see him getting it back this year...I think his prospects as a pro have definitely gone south after this year. Sometimes I think they keep putting him in "hoping" that he will finally turn it on because they owe it to him or something...but it just never comes.

BC would keep doing something like playing someone even if someone else was better just so that nobody could say he was wrong about a player...I hate to say this, but it is almost getting that appearance with Lucky still being the starter, when Q and Helu IMHO are playing better.

One more thing I really liked about Roy on Saturday, He missed a block shortly after he was in the game and Ganz got sacked because of it...............But, He went to the sidelines, got talked to about it, and never missed another block the whole time he was in. It's nice to see a kid take in the information and apply it immediatly. Great game Roy!

That's interesting. On "Sports Soundoff," it was pointed out that his blocking ability was cutting into his playing time. But if he keeps getting better at blocking, he will be the starter. If he continues to be inconsistant, he won't be.

So we're annointing him as starter now? I don't want anyone to bitch and complain then when he misses a blitz package and Ganz goes down the rest of the year with injury causing us to lose our last 3 games of the season. The reason BJ never started over Porkchop was because he didn't have the blocking schemes picked up yet. I would venture to guess that Lucky is starting because he's the most complete RB we have. Helu played a great game, but there's more to being a NU RB than just running and receiving now.

I thought Dr. Rob Zatechta (sp) did a great job of explaining the Rb roles last night. Couldn't agree with him more...

Lucky is the most "complete" back we have, and he will remain the #1 guy. He blocks soooo much better than Helu, he can throw, and yes, I think that we have seen it, he can take it to the house. He also is a great receiver out of the backfield......

Q is still a quality back who did a good job Saturday, but obviously has fumble problems.

Helu is the best pure "running back" that we have. If you want to just flat out get rushing yards, then NO quesiton, Helu is our man. He is going to be great before he is done. I am pumped that he will hopefully have 2 more years. He does miss blocks ...a lot.... and yes, he will only get better, and he has shown ability to catch the ball well. He also has a different gear that none of the rest have.

Helu will be the best back that NU has had in many years (imo) the next to years. Remember, it isn't who is in on the 1st play, but who is in when the game is on the line. Too many people get wrapped up into who "starts".