KU FAN SILENCED!

zE bOp

zE likey 2 talk smack, it's FUN! zE pay big dollars for Jim Rome Smack Talk web correspondence course, but has pioneered the run-on sentence and sounding-like-an-11-yr-old thing HIMSELF! :w00t

Well, suffice it to say, KU driveby Fan has been sufficiently silenced at least 'til next spring.

Even w Reesing, I don't see KU winning the N next yr. Rutgers has had Teele for the last 2 yrs and look where they are. KU equals Rutgers, that's just how I OBJECTIVELY see it. NE could beat KU even w Cody Green nxt yr. ;)

Alright Zebop, you've run your mouth enough. You beat KU by 10 then suddenly you're calling for wins against KU next year? Keep in mind that you lose your QB and the game next year is in Lawrence. We return our entire offense, and lose our crappy linebackers. We'll see how you fair in Lawrence.

As for my prediction, Michael, yes, I admit I predicted a 10-2 season. I didn't expect Texas Tech to go GANGBUSTERS and start blowing the doors off their opponents. Neither did I expect a freshman kicker to beat us with 2 seconds left in USF. Nor did I ever think a first year coach of Nebraska would be able to beat us after we smoked you guys last year. I also didn't expect Texas to somehow IMPROVE after losing Jamal Charles and Limas Sweed, and a ton of players on defense!! I'm still shocked how that happend. Now we have to play Texas and Missouri back to back. So yes, 6-6 is a strong possibility.

Just be glad your beloved Huskers don't have to play the schedule my Hawks have played. You saw how you did in Norman (Game over after a quarter). I would stop flapping my gums if I were you cause there is still a lot of football left and if you lose to KSuck how stupid will ya'll look?

Not really into this whole arguement, but I really don't get this one. Haven't you looked at the schedules for both teams lately? Below are the schedules for both teams. The current W-L record for each opponent is on the very right. Schedules look very similar to me.

-Kansas

8/30 Florida International W (4-5)

9/06 Louisiana Tech W (5-4)

9/12 @ South Florida L (6-3)

9/20 Sam Houston State W (4-4)

10/04 @ Iowa StateW (2-8)

10/11 Colorado W (5-5)

10/18 @ Oklahoma L (9-1)

10/25 Texas Tech L (10-0)

11/01 Kansas State W (4-6)

11/08 @ Nebraska L (6-4)

11/15 Texas (9-1)

11/29 Missouri (8-2)

---Overall Opponent Win/Loss record YTD: 72-43, 62.6 win %

-Nebraska

8/30 Western Michigan W (8-2)

9/06 San Jose State W (6-4)

9/13 New Mexico State W (3-6)

9/27 Virginia Tech L (6-3)

10/04 Missouri L (8-2)

10/11 @ Texas Tech L (10-0)

10/18 @ Iowa State W (2-8)

10/25 Baylor W (3-7)

11/01 @ Oklahoma L (9-1)

11/08 Kansas W (6-4)

11/15 @ Kansas State (4-6)

11/28 Colorado (5-5)

---Overall Opponent Win/Loss record YTD: 70-48, 59.3 win %

Yeah....real similar....where is Nebraska's trip to South Florida? Your game against V-Tech was in Nebraska. Where is your game against Texas? Oh, that's right. You played Baylor. Please! Plus you had Missouri at home. We have to play those punks on a neutral field. <_<

zE likey 2 talk smack, it's FUN! zE pay big dollars for Jim Rome Smack Talk web correspondence course, but has pioneered the run-on sentence and sounding-like-an-11-yr-old thing HIMSELF! :w00t

Well, suffice it to say, KU driveby Fan has been sufficiently silenced at least 'til next spring.

Even w Reesing, I don't see KU winning the N next yr. Rutgers has had Teele for the last 2 yrs and look where they are. KU equals Rutgers, that's just how I OBJECTIVELY see it. NE could beat KU even w Cody Green nxt yr. ;)

Alright Zebop, you've run your mouth enough. You beat KU by 10 then suddenly you're calling for wins against KU next year? Keep in mind that you lose your QB and the game next year is in Lawrence. We return our entire offense, and lose our crappy linebackers. We'll see how you fair in Lawrence.

As for my prediction, Michael, yes, I admit I predicted a 10-2 season. I didn't expect Texas Tech to go GANGBUSTERS and start blowing the doors off their opponents. Neither did I expect a freshman kicker to beat us with 2 seconds left in USF. Nor did I ever think a first year coach of Nebraska would be able to beat us after we smoked you guys last year. I also didn't expect Texas to somehow IMPROVE after losing Jamal Charles and Limas Sweed, and a ton of players on defense!! I'm still shocked how that happend. Now we have to play Texas and Missouri back to back. So yes, 6-6 is a strong possibility.

Just be glad your beloved Huskers don't have to play the schedule my Hawks have played. You saw how you did in Norman (Game over after a quarter). I would stop flapping my gums if I were you cause there is still a lot of football left and if you lose to KSuck how stupid will ya'll look?

Not really into this whole arguement, but I really don't get this one. Haven't you looked at the schedules for both teams lately? Below are the schedules for both teams. The current W-L record for each opponent is on the very right. Schedules look very similar to me.

-Kansas

10/11 Colorado W (5-5)

10/18 @ Oklahoma L (9-1)

11/08 @ Nebraska L (6-4)

11/15 Texas (9-1)

11/29 Missouri (8-2)

-Nebraska

10/04 Missouri L (8-2)

10/25 Baylor W (3-7)

11/01 @ Oklahoma L (9-1)

11/08 Kansas W (6-4)

11/28 Colorado (5-5)

Yeah....real similar....where is Nebraska's trip to South Florida? Your game against V-Tech was in Nebraska. Where is your game against Texas? Oh, that's right. You played Baylor. Please! Plus you had Missouri at home. We have to play those punks on a neutral field. <_<

I will give you that your conference schedule is tougher simply because of the one team difference, BU vs. UT. However the non-conference schedules are not even close. Overall W-L comparison shows this: KU (19-16, 54.3 win %) vs. NU (23-15, 60.5%). For NU: WMU is 8-2 and getting votes in the poles, VT is 6-3 and just knocked off a ranked team, heck even SJS is 6-4. For KU their signature loss, South Florida, is decent, but 3 losses in their last 4, making them 1-3 in the horrible Big East, shows that they aren't elite as they were made out to be. The much better non-conference schedule makes up for one big difference in the conference IMO, but hey opinions vary!

I was never quite sure why you all agreed on this. My guess is money, but you guys should be kicking yourself cause you would have played at home last year for the North.

-Kansas

10/11 Colorado W (5-5)

10/18 @ Oklahoma L (9-1)

11/08 @ Nebraska L (6-4)

11/15 Texas (9-1)

11/29 Missouri (8-2)

-Nebraska

10/04 Missouri L (8-2)

10/25 Baylor W (3-7)

11/01 @ Oklahoma L (9-1)

11/08 Kansas W (6-4)

11/28 Colorado (5-5)

I will give you that your conference schedule is tougher simply because of the one team difference, BU vs. UT. However the non-conference schedules are not even close. Overall W-L comparison shows this: KU (19-16, 54.3 win %) vs. NU (23-15, 60.5%). For NU: WMU is 8-2 and getting votes in the poles, VT is 6-3 and just knocked off a ranked team, heck even SJS is 6-4. For KU their signature loss, South Florida, is decent, but 3 losses in their last 4, making them 1-3 in the horrible Big East, shows that they aren't elite as they were made out to be. The much better non-conference schedule makes up for one big difference in the conference IMO, but hey opinions vary!

I agree with your stats, but you have to admit- I would much rather play V-Tech at home, rather than traveling to South Florida and playing on a hot, muggy night in September. That's a difficult place to play, regardless of records. FYI- I like Miami over V-Tech this Thursday. How bad is the ACC & Big East! LOL

K, so we had the slightly tougher preseason and KU the slightly tougher reg. season since they are having to play OK and TX this yr. SO WHAT! Who made your friggin' schedule?! Guess what, if you're gonna be a champ you're gonna have to beat some champs!

Did you here us crying in '06 when we played USC, TX, OU, and Aub? This is the MAIN reason NE Fan hasn't been taking all the KU and MU chest pumping that seriously! Ya gotta beat some ELITE tea

'teams', that is...

Also, Ganz is essentially still a rookie this yr. Who's to say NE can't beat KU again next yr w another rookie qb?

Last summer I guaranteed a NE win over KU, so I might as well get an early start for '09 and say: Big Red will beat KU in '09, you can bank on it! :w00t:restore

Ganz has started 14 games which still makes him-as a starter-a rookie, IMO. If he were here nxt yr he would be considered a veteran, no doubt.

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Cody Green is our version of T. Pryor nxt yr and a better passer.

Gabbert will be a the real deal too @ MO.

No, a rookie is a first year player in a new system. Ganz has been here the entire time with the WCO. He's far from a rookie. This is why I'd expect to see Witt or Lee probably Witt starting next year. We might see Green worked into the offense just like Ohio State did with Pryor especially if the starter struggles. It's one thing to take a player and throw him in as QB when he's been in the system for a couple years. It's entirely another to take a guy who's new to the system and never played or practiced with everyone else on the team.

Probably the same place your game against Texas and Oklahoma were last year...

I checked out because this has gone arwy, back to arguing about last year and minutia, but what is with zE bOp's signature? When a NU fan puts the score to their 10 point home win over KU in their signature line, you truly know that something very strange has occured in the order of the universe.

Just sayin...