KU FAN SILENCED!

zE bOp

FTR, I'm not the only guy who has run some smack @ KU Fan. In fact, I have toned it down some since I know it's all like 'Dr. Phil/Oprah' 'round here. :hmmph

But now we're already gettin' the 'KU's gonna win the N next yr' stuff. Tad presumptuous I would say, especially after a loss and w TX standing tall on the horizon. :box

I like the KU fans here- but I also think we get to talk a little smack if we beat them.

ZeBop did nothing wrong- he just said- hey, if you post here when you're winning hang out when you lose as well. JGS30 did.

Talking smack is a huge part of college football!

I'm so glad Penn State lost!!

When they were winning? There is at least a couple of them that have been posting on here all year long even though their team hasn't been winning all year long. They continued to post after losing to South Florida. They continued to post after the beatdowns of OU and TT. What made you think they wouldn't post after losing to us?

Personally, I like reading what the KU and Mizzou fans have to say. Sometimes, they're the ones that give us that "reality" slap in the face that we all need here to wake us up from the :koolaid2:

I have a feeling they were some of the first ones to notice the terrible blunder we made in hiring Clownahan.

Wow. All I'll say is that Jayhawk, JGS, Fro Daddy, MUTigerFan, Cy, Buffs, and a few other regulars that come on here are cool dudes. Nothing wrong w/having pride in their teams. Which they should. These guys contribute a lot of stuff (good, bad, fair, smack, opinions, etc). They're part of this board.

Wow. All I'll say is that Jayhawk, JGS, Fro Daddy, MUTigerFan, Cy, Buffs, and a few other regulars that come on here are cool dudes. Nothing wrong w/having pride in their teams. Which they should. These guys contribute a lot of stuff (good, bad, fair, smack, opinions, etc). They're part of this board.

:yeah

It's good to hear different opinions, as long as they are not showing up for the week and then they are gone again until the next year.

It's good to hear different opinions, as long as they are not showing up for the week and then they are gone again until the next year.

You can do that???? Somebody told me that wasn't allowed on this board....Damn! :angry:

I think the KU fans that frequent this board are pretty good sports and didn't perceive them as trash talkers, so whatever. Most people that talk trash don't and won't stick around for any extended amount of time. I hope KU has a good finish. Beat Texas, beat Missouri.

I hope that they don't win another game. Remember we are competing with them and missouri for the big 12 north title ;)

Unless Mizzou loses both of its last two games, one of which is ISU, MU wins the division. If KU and NU win out, we are into the 3way tie at 5-3 in conference. In which case how the tie breakers go, MU wins for being the highest in the BCS standings. So, unless ISU somehow pulls off an epic upset, MU wins. If the unthinkable happens in Ames, and both NU and KU win out, NU wins the north with the head to head. But really, short of MU getting lost on the way to the stadium, and having to forfeit, MU is getting to get beat down by the south champ.

Lets go Cy

Lets go Cy

Lets go Cy

Lets go Cy

Hate to burst your bubble but our defense couldn't stop opponents with flamethrowers.... <_<

I wasn't referring to the team. I was talking about the chain gang taking out a few players.

FTR, I'm not the only guy who has run some smack @ KU Fan. In fact, I have toned it down some since I know it's all like 'Dr. Phil/Oprah' 'round here. :hmmph

But now we're already gettin' the 'KU's gonna win the N next yr' stuff. Tad presumptuous I would say, especially after a loss and w TX standing tall on the horizon. :box

I like our chances, it is my prediction, I am not declaring it to be a universal truth. It has been something I have said all along, and that Mizzou would win this year, and I am sticking too it. I would not bet my first born or anything... I would say Mizzou and GBR are the other two teams in the running, but Mizzou loses a LOT and NU is in Lawrence next year. Both KU and and NU will be good, so it should be exciting. I do not agree with the previousl poster who said we are just lucky not to have been blown out. Both team had some execution issues, and I would argue KU had more. Passes like the easy wide open over th emiddle that we missed really hurt, and we usually don't miss em, but they killed drives and NU took advantage. That is not an excuse, it is just pointing out both teams made mistakes, NU made less and played to their strengths, and fully deserved the win they got. Next year is next year, and if we win, I won't be talking smack. I will probably post some thoguths, just like this year, and some people who are sensitive may get bitter if we win, but they will not be smack by any measure, cause that is not how I roll. Never talked smack when I played basketball (although I might have responded to those ear draining individuals I ran across, but I kept that limited too), not in my entire career, and don't plan to start.

"run some smack"

listen to Jim Rome, much?

Phil and Oprah don't strike me as college football fans and why they'd be lurking around here is beyond me...

There was a thread before the season started where the majority of this was already brought to light. There were a fair cross section of folks, myself included, that thought the honey moon was over for the Jayhawks. This year is looking like it's going to end up 6-6, unless there's a miracle of mythical porportions.

zE likey 2 talk smack, it's FUN! zE pay big dollars for Jim Rome Smack Talk web correspondence course, but has pioneered the run-on sentence and sounding-like-an-11-yr-old thing HIMSELF! :w00t

Well, suffice it to say, KU driveby Fan has been sufficiently silenced at least 'til next spring.

Even w Reesing, I don't see KU winning the N next yr. Rutgers has had Teele for the last 2 yrs and look where they are. KU equals Rutgers, that's just how I OBJECTIVELY see it. NE could beat KU even w Cody Green nxt yr. ;)

I think the KU fans that frequent this board are pretty good sports and didn't perceive them as trash talkers, so whatever. Most people that talk trash don't and won't stick around for any extended amount of time. I hope KU has a good finish. Beat Texas, beat Missouri.

I hope that they don't win another game. Remember we are competing with them and missouri for the big 12 north title ;)

Unless Mizzou loses both of its last two games, one of which is ISU, MU wins the division. If KU and NU win out, we are into the 3way tie at 5-3 in conference. In which case how the tie breakers go, MU wins for being the highest in the BCS standings. So, unless ISU somehow pulls off an epic upset, MU wins. If the unthinkable happens in Ames, and both NU and KU win out, NU wins the north with the head to head. But really, short of MU getting lost on the way to the stadium, and having to forfeit, MU is getting to get beat down by the south champ.

I hope my Tigers win and win big on Saturday (sorry Cy), but, Ames has not been nice to Mizzou in the past.

ISU will show up and play hard. MU needs to take ISU seriously this week as the team prepares.

We can lose on Saturday.

I think the Jayhawk fans have been been good posters this year. But I would take them back to July and August, they were going to win he Big 12 North and were certain that they would be a top 10 team. No disrespect, but they did ALOT OF TALKING in the off season!

GBR

zE likey 2 talk smack, it's FUN! zE pay big dollars for Jim Rome Smack Talk web correspondence course, but has pioneered the run-on sentence and sounding-like-an-11-yr-old thing HIMSELF! :w00t

Well, suffice it to say, KU driveby Fan has been sufficiently silenced at least 'til next spring.

Even w Reesing, I don't see KU winning the N next yr. Rutgers has had Teele for the last 2 yrs and look where they are. KU equals Rutgers, that's just how I OBJECTIVELY see it. NE could beat KU even w Cody Green nxt yr. ;)

Alright Zebop, you've run your mouth enough. You beat KU by 10 then suddenly you're calling for wins against KU next year? Keep in mind that you lose your QB and the game next year is in Lawrence. We return our entire offense, and lose our crappy linebackers. We'll see how you fair in Lawrence.

As for my prediction, Michael, yes, I admit I predicted a 10-2 season. I didn't expect Texas Tech to go GANGBUSTERS and start blowing the doors off their opponents. Neither did I expect a freshman kicker to beat us with 2 seconds left in USF. Nor did I ever think a first year coach of Nebraska would be able to beat us after we smoked you guys last year. I also didn't expect Texas to somehow IMPROVE after losing Jamal Charles and Limas Sweed, and a ton of players on defense!! I'm still shocked how that happend. Now we have to play Texas and Missouri back to back. So yes, 6-6 is a strong possibility.

Just be glad your beloved Huskers don't have to play the schedule my Hawks have played. You saw how you did in Norman (Game over after a quarter). I would stop flapping my gums if I were you cause there is still a lot of football left and if you lose to KSuck how stupid will ya'll look?

Alright Zebop, you've run your mouth enough. You beat KU by 10 then suddenly you're calling for wins against KU next year? Keep in mind that you lose your QB and the game next year is in Lawrence. We return our entire offense, and lose our crappy linebackers. We'll see how you fair in Lawrence.

As for my prediction, Michael, yes, I admit I predicted a 10-2 season. I didn't expect Texas Tech to go GANGBUSTERS and start blowing the doors off their opponents. Neither did I expect a freshman kicker to beat us with 2 seconds left in USF. Nor did I ever think a first year coach of Nebraska would be able to beat us after we smoked you guys last year. I also didn't expect Texas to somehow IMPROVE after losing Jamal Charles and Limas Sweed, and a ton of players on defense!! I'm still shocked how that happend. Now we have to play Texas and Missouri back to back. So yes, 6-6 is a strong possibility.

Just be glad your beloved Huskers don't have to play the schedule my Hawks have played. You saw how you did in Norman (Game over after a quarter). I would stop flapping my gums if I were you cause there is still a lot of football left and if you lose to KSuck how stupid will ya'll look?

Not really into this whole arguement, but I really don't get this one. Haven't you looked at the schedules for both teams lately? Below are the schedules for both teams. The current W-L record for each opponent is on the very right. Schedules look very similar to me.

-Kansas

8/30 Florida International W (4-5)

9/06 Louisiana Tech W (5-4)

9/12 @ South Florida L (6-3)

9/20 Sam Houston State W (4-4)

10/04 @ Iowa StateW (2-8)

10/11 Colorado W (5-5)

10/18 @ Oklahoma L (9-1)

10/25 Texas Tech L (10-0)

11/01 Kansas State W (4-6)

11/08 @ Nebraska L (6-4)

11/15 Texas (9-1)