Ohio Pete

Player: Chris Omigie

Hometown: Arlington (TX) Martin

Position: WR

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 185 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date: 11/28

Scholarships offered: Baylor, Colorado State, Iowa, Kansas, Ole Miss, Nebraska, Purdue, Washington State, Army, Buffalo, Ohio, Rice, UTEP, Colorado

Favorites: Baylor, Colorado State, Kansas, Nebraska, Purdue, Rice?, Colorado?

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star 5.5 NR

Big Red Report: NR

ESPN: 77

Assessing the talent: Sleeper is burning it up this year and just got his 12th and 13th offer this week. Ran 23.89 in 200m. Looks like a pretty good blocker, but judge for yourself:

jFqY3UOfSpY

Certainly says all the right things: http://www.prepticket.com/video/school/bay...292:Video:55641

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% Visited Committed to Kansas

I know Chris personally. I played against him in grade school, played against him and junior high, and played with him freshman year before moving so Missouri.

He is a great athlete, with monster hands. He plays for Martin High School and has put up pretty big numbers this season 600+ receiving. Martin went started 0-6 but has since won there last 4 games and is a #1 seed in their district. Chris plays for a great staff headed by Coach Wager. I was never able to play fro him because he came the year I moved, but he turned that whole team around.

I think we have a good shot at him, and I'm going to try and get in touch with him and see what his plans are and what kind of offers he has on the table

• 2 weeks later...

A sleeper no more:

Texas Sleeper Waking People Up

Posted Nov 17, 2008

Chris Omigie of Martin High School in Arlington, TX has flown under the recruiting radar but after posting solid numbers as a senior, Omigie has emerged as one of the fastest rising prospects in Texas. Scout.com caught up with Omigie to find out who has been in contact.

Every year, players that were unknown before the start of the season, emerge to become some of the hottest prospects. An example of one such hidden gem is, Martin High School's Chris Omigie. Holding only 1 or 2 offers prior to the season, Omigie now holds offers from Kansas, Nebraska, Ole' Miss, Purdue, Buffalo, Ohio, Army, Western Kentucky, Washington State, Baylor, Iowa and Colorado State.

"I took a visit to Colorado State about five or six weeks ago and I'm taking one to Nebraska for the Colorado game and then I'm going to Kansas sometime in December."

More

A sleeper no more:

Posted Nov 17, 2008

Chris Omigie of Martin High School in Arlington, TX has flown under the recruiting radar but after posting solid numbers as a senior, Omigie has emerged as one of the fastest rising prospects in Texas. Scout.com caught up with Omigie to find out who has been in contact.

Every year, players that were unknown before the start of the season, emerge to become some of the hottest prospects. An example of one such hidden gem is, Martin High School's Chris Omigie. Holding only 1 or 2 offers prior to the season, Omigie now holds offers from Kansas, Nebraska, Ole' Miss, Purdue, Buffalo, Ohio, Army, Western Kentucky, Washington State, Baylor, Iowa and Colorado State.

"I took a visit to Colorado State about five or six weeks ago and I'm taking one to Nebraska for the Colorado game and then I'm going to Kansas sometime in December."

More

Well thats good that his only other gameday experience was Colorado State.. Lets blow him away!!!

A sleeper no more:

Posted Nov 17, 2008

More

Well thats good that his only other gameday experience was Colorado State.. Lets blow him away!!!

I agree, with the great job the staff normally does for gameday visits this one sounds promising.

A sleeper no more:

Posted Nov 17, 2008

More

I agree, with the great job the staff normally does for gameday visits this one sounds promising.

:yeah

• 2 weeks later...

Is going to take the rest of his visits before deciding. Which means either he really is holding out for a scholly that hasn't been offered to him yet or he really isn't digging the Skers. Look at his list and give me one school that could compete facility wise, and he probably ain't gonna get a chance at another game day experience, so that makes one wonder. Or the kid is set on taking his time, doing his research and making a solid decision which is probably the case and in which I look like a pompous ass for writing this. I hope that is the case.

RED STORM BREWING=a$$hole since college according to the ladies