WR Chris Omigie

Ohio Pete

I personally love Omigie... I just dk much about him. That kind of size is coveted, though... I love big receivers... let's just hope if we get him he doesn't turn into another Will Henry. Big receiver whose failed to make an impact thus far. Omigie's plot, with the waiting for playing time, reminds me of Lazarri Middleton's... had to wait til senior season to play, then flashes some serious talent.

I personally love Omigie... I just dk much about him. That kind of size is coveted, though... I love big receivers... let's just hope if we get him he doesn't turn into another Will Henry. Big receiver whose failed to make an impact thus far. Omigie's plot, with the waiting for playing time, reminds me of Lazarri Middleton's... had to wait til senior season to play, then flashes some serious talent.

x2... Will Henry is who came to mind when I look at this recruit. Although I still have hope that Henry could develope into a good player.

I know that this kid will put on some size, but right now he make Micheal Phelps look like a bodybuilder. The kid has to be a twig.

I wonder why so many people are so high on Omigie...? Don't get me wrong, I'm not dumping on the kid, but other than his measureables and stats, what do we know? We need somebody who's seen the kid play to know how good he really is... anybody?

I played with Chris before I moved to missouri. We are the same year. I played d-end but i know chris pretty well. He is some what under rated. The thing is, when he was a sophmore (the year i moved away) Martin HS recieved a new head coach, Bob Wager. Coach Wager did a great job of implementing the talent that he had. When Chris was a soph and junior Martin ran the ball alot, because they had a great RB. Martin's QB this year was Cruz Garcia, who transfered to Martin for his senior year. He could throw the ball pretty decently, hence Omigie's high numbers this year.

I can tell you this, he has a huge wing span and can flat out go up and grab the ball. He is not super shifty but has pretty good top end speed. He also has a good frame to put on some weight.

CLIFF NOTES: I personally know that Omigie is good and would be a good addition to this class.

On the negative he still doesn't give us the gamebreaker we need. On the positive he's a big, physical kid that could be productive in our system and would be a junk yard dog blocking on the perimeter.

Omigie has some wheels on him, do not doubt.

And for anyone comparing Omigie to Henry -- do not even put them in the same sentence. Henry does not even have close to the hands that Omigie has right now. The only similarities is the way their recruitment played out and their size.

Henry does not even have close to the hands that Omigie has right now.

:yeah The word on Omigie is he catches everything that gets close to him.

Having seen the difference in the offense with guys who are fast but drop the ball vs guys who can catch everything thrown at them, I'll take the guy with the hands.

i like big wr as much as the next guy but we really need the smaller quicker and faster wr....most of nu's wr are real tall possession type wr...we need a guy that can take a short quick pass and have the ability to take it to the house

what about gilleylen and cooper? Both are supposed to have pretty damn good speed... and sophomore/freshman next year respectively....

On the negative he still doesn't give us the gamebreaker we need. On the positive he's a big, physical kid that could be productive in our system and would be a junk yard dog blocking on the perimeter.

And for anyone comparing Omigie to Henry -- do not even put them in the same sentence. Henry does not even have close to the hands that Omigie has right now. The only similarities is the way their recruitment played out and their size.

And you know this how? You have seen each play many times, right? You have seen each at a half dozen or more practices, right? You have compared their receiving drill performance at a joint combine, right?

Ah.... that must be why you are so well informed. Otherwise, of course, you would not speak from such a position of authority.

Man, I wish I was so well informed.

Robsker ... slammin' that door hard!

As a reader ... I like the idea that those who know something speak up ... the rest can shut up or be clear in their opinion being ... just an opinion. Sometimes people think that by "saying it loud" or by getting "numbers on their side" that that means they are right.

I'm an "outsider" ... so I really enjoying hearing from the "insiders".

Appreciate you guys!

SheepdogMark

As a reader ... I like the idea that those who know something speak up ... the rest can shut up or be clear in their opinion being ... just an opinion. Sometimes people think that by "saying it loud" or by getting "numbers on their side" that that means they are right.

Appreciate you guys!

SheepdogMark

That was kind of harsh!

We're all outsiders, really.

Appreciate you guys!

SheepdogMark

Sheepdog --- the harsh comment was about me, not you!

Have a great day.

i like big wr as much as the next guy but we really need the smaller quicker and faster wr....most of nu's wr are real tall possession type wr...we need a guy that can take a short quick pass and have the ability to take it to the house

what about gilleylen and cooper? Both are supposed to have pretty damn good speed... and sophomore/freshman next year respectively....

Cooper is coming along pretty well right now. He will definitely be in the mix next year. Gilleylen is very fast but he has to many drops and he is very inconsistent.

And you know this how? You have seen each play many times, right? You have seen each at a half dozen or more practices, right? You have compared their receiving drill performance at a joint combine, right?

Ah.... that must be why you are so well informed. Otherwise, of course, you would not speak from such a position of authority.

Man, I wish I was so well informed.

Will Henry's brother must post on here. :)

What makes you say he has wheels on him? He is fast for someone his size, but he is definetly not a gamebreaker like Danimal said.