WR Chris Omigie

Ohio Pete

Is going to take the rest of his visits before deciding. Which means either he really is holding out for a scholly that hasn't been offered to him yet or he really isn't digging the Skers. Look at his list and give me one school that could compete facility wise, and he probably ain't gonna get a chance at another game day experience, so that makes one wonder. Or the kid is set on taking his time, doing his research and making a solid decision which is probably the case and in which I look like a pompous ass for writing this. I hope that is the case.

RED STORM BREWING=a$$hole since college according to the ladies

Coaches are hitting the trail this week. Players will be made aware of the situation and I would expect at least a couple commits this coming week.

Not necessarily Omigie, I should make note of that. But other guys closer to making their decisions. Omigie will likely just be made aware of our schollie crunch.

Latest from Husker Journal:

DECEMBER 7, 2008. PREP STAR

CHRIS OMIGIE, WR, 6-5, 185, 4.5, ARLINGTON (MARTIN), TEXAS

Chris visited Nebraska for the Colorado game.

“It was nice, went to the game on Friday it was a real nail biter, they (Nebraska) almost lost.” Omigie said. “The kicker hit a, nobody knows how, 57 yard field goal and end up winning. I don’t think anybody at first said the kicker would make it. Everybody was hoping and praying he did. I guess all the hoping and praying paid off.”

“At Nebraska I met the whole coaching staff. I met the athletic director (Tom Osborne); he has a lot of history behind him. I met coach Pelini, coach Gilmore the receivers coach and Beck. Coach Pelini is straight forward. He’s right to the point he doesn’t beat around the bush.” Omigie said

Playing time

“Bo said if I come there (Nebraska) they would love to have me, work with me to make the best player I can be,” Omigie said, “The last day I was there with my meeting with him (Bo), he said he wasn’t going to lie to me. There is no such thing freshmen coming in and starting over a Senior or Junior, they have to work for it.”

Nebraska facilities were impressive

“It was nice especially the Academic Center. It was like 8.5 million dollar center. I really liked that. They have new indoor facilities and outdoor facility and a new practice field.” Omigie said

“Nebraska has a good engineering college.” Omigie said. “Their engineering college is actually hard to get in. If push comes to shove they have other programs, construction management, it’s in the Corp of Engineers. That’s what most of the football players go into.”

Did you have enough to eat on your visit?

“Every time I was turning around they (Nebraska) were stuffing something down my nostrils. I wasn’t arguing about it, but it was real good food. The first day he had our choice between steaks, grilled chicken. The second day after the game we went to a restaurant called Old Chicago and had a stuffed pizza. On Saturday we ate at the player’s lounge. During the game Friday we ate four or five times, we ate snack at half time.” Omigie said

Omigie also considering Kansas, Baylor and Purdue.

“I like the whole program (Kansas).” Omigie said, “Coach Beaty is real nice, he’s straight forward. Kansas and Nebraska are pretty much the same, telling me the truth, not just telling me about what I want to hear. Like tell me I will play me freshman year, they tell me straight up, I’ve got to work if you want to play.”

“I like almost everything about Baylor,” Omigie said. “It’s not too far from home. They have a good program. They seem to make up a lot grown they lost in a couple of years. They (Baylor) have a freshman quarterback, Robert Griffin he will be one of the best quarterbacks in a couple of years. They need a receiver.

“I like everything about the football team (Purdue) and the engineering program. It’s what I’m trying to major in. Purdue is ranked number three in the country. Coach Thomas the running backs coach is recruiting me.” Omigie said

According to rivals, our coaching staff made a visit to Omigie, so I guess we're still recruiting him. I really hope we land him, he looks like a sleeper IMO

Yeah, this guy looks like he could be a really good one. He would be a nice addition to this class. :koolaid2:

can you imagine baylor with him? that would be freaking scary!

In the top 5-7 I guess (Free Scout):

"I just think my work ethic was a lot better this year," added Chris Omigie. "I have been working harder than ever and it is carrying over to my game."

There are also a few natural abilities that gives him the advantage over his defender.

"My size gives me the ability to go up and get the ball. When the ball is in the air; I know it is mine. I also have great hands and run great routes."

Chris has taken in official visits to Colorado State, Nebraska and Baylor. The Cornhuskers followed that up with an in home visit on Thursday.

"Coach Beck is just a real cool guy. He is a great guy. He tells you like it is and not what you want to hear. All of the Nebraska coaches tell it like it is."

Anymore in home visits last week?

"Coaches Patterson and Elliot came over from Rice, and Coach Peterson came in from Col State."

Where does the Martin high standout visit next?

"I am going to Purdue this weekend and Kansas the weekend after that."

Is it down to the five schools that Chris has visited?

"Yes, well almost, Colorado just offered me today. I am thinking about going up there unofficially to check it out. Rice is still on me too."

• 2 weeks later...

With the way we've been able to move the rock through the air you'd think we'd have an easier time getting guys to catch the rock.

If we miss on Omigie are we still chasing Abrecus Martinez?

Hell, maybe if we get Lester White we try Taylor Martinez at wr.

Screw that, I want Omigie and I would not give up on him until NSD. That is how much I think of this kid.

If we landed Omigie, I would put him as one of the top 3-4 players in our class.

Omigie seems to be a bit like DJ Woods was last year, meaning that his recruiting really picked up steam his senior year. Omigie apparently was stuck behind some really good players until this year and didn't get to shine much until now. He also appears to have only scratched the tip of his potential. I haven't seen him play, but he does seem like the proverbial diamond in the rough.