WHo was the BEST NU QB ever?

Crouch or Frazier...hands down.

Tagge was kind of old style, and he had a great supporting cast around him with Kinney and Johnny the Jet. Johnny would have never won the Heisman though if Tagge couldn't get him the ball. It wasn't all just kick returns.

Crouch and Frazier were both good leaders, and both great athletes with a lot of determination to win which carried over to the offenses.

Not sure how Frazier would do in today's passing offenses...I think Crouch could have held his own as Ganz does with a lot of short passes. But I do think both would have been good at running an option/pass type offense, but would probably need better receivers than they had for the most part.

Frazier actually had a better(stronger and more accurate) arm than Crouch. If it wasn't for the blood clot, he would have been drafted and could have turned out to be a pretty decent mobile QB.

Frazier also had BIG TIME intangibles better than the rest. A Michael Jordan type guy on a fb field. He played with a FURY!

When he was on the field you KNEW we were going to win! He only lost like 3 games as a starter in 4 yrs.

I think ESPN has him archived as the best option QB of all time and the 2nd best QB PERIOD(yeah, can you believe it?!) of all time, according to his influence on the team and winning record. I saw it on that 'WHO'S #1' show....

Tagge was kind of old style, and he had a great supporting cast around him with Kinney and Johnny the Jet. Johnny would have never won the Heisman though if Tagge couldn't get him the ball. It wasn't all just kick returns.

Crouch and Frazier were both good leaders, and both great athletes with a lot of determination to win which carried over to the offenses.

Not sure how Frazier would do in today's passing offenses...I think Crouch could have held his own as Ganz does with a lot of short passes. But I do think both would have been good at running an option/pass type offense, but would probably need better receivers than they had for the most part.

Frazier actually had a better(stronger and more accurate) arm than Crouch. If it wasn't for the blood clot, he would have been drafted and could have turned out to be a pretty decent mobile QB.

There is no way I will ever agree that Tommie had a better arm then Crouch. He through line drives at the ground for crying out loud!! Berringer was the better passer, at that time, and would have went pro as a QB if that horrible accident wouldn't have happened. Don't get me wrong Tommie was the man for the job in every sense of the word, but he could not pass. I am not saying that Crouch was an excellent passer either though, just very good at what we needed him to do in our offense obviously.

If you are asking the best for our type of offense at the time I would have to say Tommie has the edge. If you are asking the most complete QB I would have to say Gill has the edge on Tagge. JMO

There is no way I will ever agree that Tommie had a better arm then Crouch. He through line drives at the ground for crying out loud!! Berringer was the better passer, at that time, and would have went pro as a QB if that horrible accident wouldn't have happened. Don't get me wrong Tommie was the man for the job in every sense of the word, but he could not pass. I am not saying that Crouch was an excellent passer either though, just very good at what we needed him to do in our offense obviously......

Neither Crouch nor Frazier were brought in to throw the ball: they were running QBs. Neither was a great passer, but Tommie wasn't too bad and he usually completed a key pass when we needed it. We just didn't need to pass it that much.

Frazier hit the ground running when he got to NE while Crouch took a couple of years to develop, though he was also pretty good in his first two yrs.

Both were great players. but TF was on another level altogether, plus he was on a better team....NCs--TF= 2(3 if ya count '93 vs FSU), EC=0(chance at one, but blownout).......TG=0(nearly 1).

All Jamal Lord jokes aside...for now...I'm throwing my vote to Gill. Why Gill? Because I picked up his mouth guard once and handed it to him...and if he were ever voted to be NU's greatest QB ever, I could brag to everyone that I once touched the spit of Nebraska's Best QB Ever!

I've always wanted to swap spit with a famous person....of course, I was kinda hoping it would be someone like Laura Dern... <_<

Jamal Lord had the best name of any NU Quarterback though...that was a PR opportunity that went right over the AD's head....

There is no way I will ever agree that Tommie had a better arm then Crouch. He through line drives at the ground for crying out loud!! Berringer was the better passer, at that time, and would have went pro as a QB if that horrible accident wouldn't have happened. Don't get me wrong Tommie was the man for the job in every sense of the word, but he could not pass. I am not saying that Crouch was an excellent passer either though, just very good at what we needed him to do in our offense obviously.

If you are asking the best for our type of offense at the time I would have to say Tommie has the edge. If you are asking the most complete QB I would have to say Gill has the edge on Tagge. JMO

Frankly if you watched any of the draft shows or sports shows at the time they all mention how good of an arm Frazier actually did have and how he could have made it in the NFL with it. He was a run first QB(as was our offense) so we didint need to throw it all that much. PLus I think the stats say it all.

Player, Years Att. Comp. Pct. INT TD Rating Yards

4. Eric Crouch, QB, 1998-99-00-01 606 312 51.5 25 29 121.1 4,481

5. Tommie Frazier, QB, 1992-93-94-95 469 232 49.5 11 43 138.1 3,521

43 TDs and 11 Ints compared to 29 TDs and 25 Ints. Frazier's rating was better as well.

Maybe you are thinking of Jammal Lord.