WR core next year

The only real big hit is Swift, sure Peterson is gone but i am not a big fan of his. I personally cant wait for next years core, we will add some more size but even more than that add alot more of athleticism and speed. Peterson and Swift are booth GREAT route runners and they get the job done but neither really has the next gear and seem to get chased down alot. Also you can tell they dont have the speed needed as most passes are 10 yards it seems like.

Next year with Paul, Holt, and Brooks all being the go to guys and adding some more speed they will open up the play book more and attack more down field(depending on the next qb's arm).

IMO the offense wont skip a beat next year.

What gives with all these "next season" threads? This is division one football! Its the big 12!!!! This aint intramurals, brotha! Its the 2008 season!!!! <_<

If we aint winning an NC i wanna advance.

nah jk, but i cant wait for next year.

We will be the surprise team in cfb.

Leave me alone, let me be a homer.

The only real big hit is Swift, sure Peterson is gone but i am not a big fan of his. I personally cant wait for next years core, we will add some more size but even more than that add alot more of athleticism and speed. Peterson and Swift are booth GREAT route runners and they get the job done but neither really has the next gear and seem to get chased down alot. Also you can tell they dont have the speed needed as most passes are 10 yards it seems like.

Next year with Paul, Holt, and Brooks all being the go to guys and adding some more speed they will open up the play book more and attack more down field(depending on the next qb's arm).

IMO the offense wont skip a beat next year.

Well, the rap on Swift and Peterson is that they are just 'possession' receivers. Thing is, about half their possessions are in the END ZONE! They know how to get open is all I'm saying and they rarely drop a ball and they block their butts off.

Those other guys have some athleticism, but they all need development. Looks like Paul is seeing the field more and Holt was doing pretty well there too.

Brooks is a mystery.

Swift isn't a burner but he is athletic enough, Peterson is a pure possession-guy.

We need to get Gillelyn(sp?) working on his hands so he can actually see the field in '09. We could use his ability to stretch the field.

Cooper should provide quality depth, I think he'll be a good one.

If we sign Kinnie he could provide some immediate impact.

Khiry Cooper and Steven Osborne are the two to watch out for next year. Steven will push for PT and I will go as far to say Khiry may be our main target by the end of next year. Kid is good, really good.

CG needs to get his touches as well. You cannot trot a kid out there, let him drop a pass then bench him. You kill a kids confidence that way. CG is by far the fastest WR we have and actually has great hands. The coaches just need to show confidence in him by giving him more opportunities.