SIGNED: CB Lazarri Middleton

Long Beach Poly is a very good high school: #4 on ESPN RISE and 12-0

Couple of Tubes of him:

Passing league

nOq27ktmnv4

Actual games

3n9k64YBR-U

Love at :40 and at 3:40 he knocks down his blocker to get in on the tackle. Clutch INT at 4:00.

Another guy who didn't get to play until his senior year I guess.

Does he commit if Nebraska lets him?

Scout teaser:

With the Huskers ’09 class starting to fill up, only a few spots remain available. With that in mind, about two weeks ago Nebraska made an offer to Lazarri Middleton, a defensive back out of California. Recently Big Red Report spoke to the 6-foot-1 corner with 4.4 speed to gauge his interest in the Huskers. According to Lazarri, he would like one of those final spots in the class to be his.

I guess when I see no rankings and only offers from Idaho State amnd SMU I start to wonder whats up. Since I'm new to following recruiting is this just a case of the services, other schools missing someone?

Most of the recruiting rankings are based on Junior year I take it?

It's true that the recruiting services do miss guys, but I'm not sure what happened here. I haven't had a chance to watch his film yet, so I don't really have a good idea of how talented he is.

A lot of the time, when a guy flies under the radar, it is because his high school coaches do a poor job of sending his film out and getting him exposure. However, this guy plays for Long Beach Poly, which is historically one of the best high school programs in the country, so I don't think it's because he hasn't had exposure.

We should take comfort in the fact that he is completely un-evaluated by any of the three major recruiting services. He has no stars right now because no one has checked him out.

:yeah film from the Junior year (and soph year) set the initial ratings and the Summer camps provide additional info. Middleton shared time his junior year, but he was in a passing league, and he also plays for a highly rated team, so its not like there isn't a bunch of film with him in it. Scout lists 14 guys from his high school, but only one is 3 :star or greater. I'm guessing the services have too many guys to rate, so they hold off in depth analysis until the kid actually gets a major collegiate offer. Also kids who are in to self promotion get more attention.

I guess when I see no rankings and only offers from Idaho State amnd SMU I start to wonder whats up. Since I'm new to following recruiting is this just a case of the services, other schools missing someone?

No, their senior year as well. But we are scraping the bottom of the barrel now. There's no way that this kid who plays in Long Beach for a good H.S. does not get notice by local schools. If we offer a 1 star lineman who's only offer is from "Wyoming Culinary School" or whatever, I wouldn't worry about it. But with a player in a skill position like CB, I won't get too excited.

I read about him a week or so ago (don't remember where) regarding NU looking at him. The question of his lack of notice came up and it was explained that he had been playing behind some highly regarded upperclassmen and that caused him to be overlooked.

The word on this young man is all upside. He has speed, is football smart, good hips and change of direction, loves to lay the lumber and goes to the ball well.

I don't know anything about his grades or character, but have not heard about any problems either. He was jazzed about the NU offer. The only downside is that he is just now getting noticed and may decide to look around (can't blame him for that).

Spooky,

on the video(2nd one) it says at 1570 SAT(who knows though) so I would guess the grades are up to par, as that is easily an IVY league entrance score. Normally smart kids don't have character problems so you could assume that part is covered. He looks like he enjoys hitting people, so this might just be a good pickup under the radar for the Huskers.