SIGNED: CB Lazarri Middleton

I read about him a week or so ago (don't remember where) regarding NU looking at him. The question of his lack of notice came up and it was explained that he had been playing behind some highly regarded upperclassmen and that caused him to be overlooked.

The word on this young man is all upside. He has speed, is football smart, good hips and change of direction, loves to lay the lumber and goes to the ball well.

I don't know anything about his grades or character, but have not heard about any problems either. He was jazzed about the NU offer. The only downside is that he is just now getting noticed and may decide to look around (can't blame him for that).

He is sure noticed now. Cal, UCLA, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, BYU, New Mexico, San Diego State, TCU, and Utah State are interestd in him now.

Spooky,

on the video(2nd one) it says at 1570 SAT(who knows though) so I would guess the grades are up to par, as that is easily an IVY league entrance score. Normally smart kids don't have character problems so you could assume that part is covered. He looks like he enjoys hitting people, so this might just be a good pickup under the radar for the Huskers.

I would beg to differ on that even on the old scale, in 2006 yale rejected 62% of applicants with a perfect 2400 sat score. Entrance to HYPS and even the 2nd tier ivys are not on test scores alone. Those are pretty easy to get with a prep course and a tutor now days.

^ ouch, "second tier" ivies are also highly selective. (and Stanford isn't an ivy at all. The ivy league is just a sports league anyway.)

I think the point was that the score, had it been 1570 out of 1600 and not 2400, would be extremely impressive and on the upper end of the applicant pool for the top schools in the nation.

The coaches must see something they like which is all that matters.

Usually you'd like a more impressive list of offers, but looking at his measurable there is a lot to like.

A big fast kid that can jump and on top of that is pretty smart wouldn't be a terrible pick up.

Edit: After watching that game film this kid has some SPEED!! Looks like he is a pretty raw talent with a lot of room to improve, but he has all of the things you can't teach

^ no. SAT scores are out of 2400 now. 1570 is going to be around the mean score.

It's been a while and only have a 3 year old, didn't know they changed the scoring, heck I was thinking the best back in my day was 1420 but I never realized it until after I posted. Wonder why they decided to add more points to it, most people qualified easily even then, but who knows.

I think we have a very, very good chance with him. He is a tall rangy guy who could provide us with some size and athleticism at the CB position.

Hey guys I understand your concerns but when looking at his currrent stats, profile and pure athleticism we have to give this kid a fair shot.

Also have you seen the new youtube of him?

My gosh guys he is a beast!

I really hope we get this guy before someone else does.....

As a true husker fan since I can remember, we need this!!!!

I think we have a very, very good chance with him. He is a tall rangy guy who could provide us with some size and athleticism at the CB position.

(Sorry first link did not take but check this one out guys!)

Hey guys I understand your concerns but when looking at his currrent stats, profile and pure athleticism we have to give this kid a fair shot.

(Sorry first link did not take but check this one out guys!)

haha, thats an awesome hit!!!