Cody Glenn

JTrain

Statutory rape. Athletic department was contacted first because the girls father is a booster and wanted to keep his and his daughters name out of the media. Cody meet with Bo and they came to a mutual decision that it would be best for him to leave to the team.

I realize this story sounds completely outlandish and I'm sure I'll get bashed for starting rumors but this what really happened.

I think this is the story that happened to Lattimer in "The Program."

Factually, every state is obligated to pursue these charges once they know about them. The crux in a case like this though, is that the autorities have to be nitified of the crime. The police and the prosecutors cannot put together and try a case that if they don't know that there is a crime. Also, they need to have a victim and some way to put together a case. What I mean by that is that if they get an anonymous tip or something that it happened but no one will talk about it what can they base their case on? There must be a factual basis for the case. If the girl got pregnant and had a child they could get a court order for DNA testing and prosecute that way regardless of how cooperative the victim and their family are. FYI

I am a new member and felt the need to reply to this.

Statutory rape is not something that parents can "decide" not to press charges to keep their childs name out of the news. Charges would be pressed against Glenn, the underaged persons name would be kept out of the media because of privacy laws.

My immediate family has faced this situationi. No matter how much my mother wanted the problem to just go away so my sister would not have to relive it, the State of Nebraska would not let that happen.

I have no clue as to what happened, but I do know that the parents of an underage girl have absolutely no authority to not persue charges.

I realize that the parents can't decide whether to press charges, this is why this is being kept so hush hush. If the state never finds out what happened then no charges can be pressed.

I find it amazing that you know this with absolute certainty, yet "the state" may never find out...

let this story go... Cody is off the team, and VERY UNLIKELY he will get to play in the bowl... he has been out the last 2 games and I dont think the defense lost many steps in his absence. As much as I love the kid, he will not be back, ever again... so thank him for playing like a champion and wish him the best for his future and LET IT GO ALREADY. :madash

If any of you were watching the Husker volleyball game last night, Cody Glenn was in the stands with Suh and Alonzo Whaley. So, he's still in Lincoln.

From the rumors I've heard, which aren't worth posting, Cody should avoid the volleyball games

The youth volleyball games?

if the rape rumors were true and it was infact reported to the coaches, would he more than likely not only be off the team but kicked out of school?

He would also be in jail. Rape rumors are bs. No coach would ever look past such a crime. If a coach tried to cover up a rape, he would be fired immediately and possibly charge with aiding and abetting.

if the rape rumors were true and it was infact reported to the coaches, would he more than likely not only be off the team but kicked out of school?

He would also be in jail. Rape rumors are bs. No coach would ever look past such a crime. If a coach tried to cover up a rape, he would be fired immediately and possibly charge with aiding and abetting.

Great point. I agree.

Unless there's not enough evidence yet to press charges, in which case the police and DA may require everyone to keep silent while they investigate. I think that would be true for any suspected crime.

Is that correct AR?

I have no idea whether any of these rumors are true, just taking issue with the legal analysis.

This is all just conjecture and speculation. Give it up. One day the real story will come out, until then there is no reason to throw mud on the guys reputation. If Bo thought it would be in the teams best interest to have him on the field, he would be there PERIOD. Evidently there is something going on that is keeping him from playing...nobody on this board knows anything, don't let them fool you. If there is ever anything that becomes public, it will come most likely from one of the parties involved, who ever they may be...and be put in the papers for the public to see. If it never comes out that way, then it probably isn't something that is legal, or at least cannot be proved true enough to press charges, or is something along the lines of a violation of team rules and nothing more.

I cannot believe that this thread has lasted as long as it has. My bet is that the decision has been made that Cody's last game has been played at Nebraska for what ever reason, I don't see Bo not playing him on Senior Day, then bringing him back for a bowl game.

I wish Cody the best, and hope what ever problems he has in his life get resolved soon.

Unless there's not enough evidence yet to press charges, in which case the police and DA may require everyone to keep silent while they investigate. I think that would be true for any suspected crime.

Is that correct AR?

I have no idea whether any of these rumors are true, just taking issue with the legal analysis.

True. I think it unlikely, though. What I mean by that is I find it unlikely that someone - whether affiliated with the program or otherwise - wouldn't leak the information anonymously. Although, given the Valarie Plamb (sic) incident, they should realize that it's now almost impossible to have your anonymity guaranteeded.