Cody Glenn

JTrain

Statutory rape. Athletic department was contacted first because the girls father is a booster and wanted to keep his and his daughters name out of the media. Cody meet with Bo and they came to a mutual decision that it would be best for him to leave to the team.

I realize this story sounds completely outlandish and I'm sure I'll get bashed for starting rumors but this what really happened.

We don't need this type of unsubstantiated "this is what happened" comments. :angry:

T_O_B

But people are dying to know! Some are just begging to hear any kind of rumor, so it's tough for people who have heard something (true or not) to keep quiet.

I'm not bashing braskypants any more than anyone else who has contributed.

I'm certainly not bashing T_O_B.

Statutory rape. Athletic department was contacted first because the girls father is a booster and wanted to keep his and his daughters name out of the media. Cody meet with Bo and they came to a mutual decision that it would be best for him to leave to the team.

I realize this story sounds completely outlandish and I'm sure I'll get bashed for starting rumors but this what really happened.

This is not what happened.

I am a new member and felt the need to reply to this.

Statutory rape is not something that parents can "decide" not to press charges to keep their childs name out of the news. Charges would be pressed against Glenn, the underaged persons name would be kept out of the media because of privacy laws.

My immediate family has faced this situationi. No matter how much my mother wanted the problem to just go away so my sister would not have to relive it, the State of Nebraska would not let that happen.

I have no clue as to what happened, but I do know that the parents of an underage girl have absolutely no authority to not persue charges.

Im not trying to add fuel to the fire or anything along those lines simply wanting to know.

Since one of the big rumors is stautory rape does anyone know nebraskas law regarding that? Aren't there some states that if it is discovered the state files charges regardless of the parties involved? Just curious as to if our state was one of them. If Nebraska is one of those states wouldn't that fact virtually eliminate this rumor?

Im not trying to add fuel to the fire or anything along those lines simply wanting to know.

Since one of the big rumors is stautory rape does anyone know nebraskas law regarding that? Aren't there some states that if it is discovered the state files charges regardless of the parties involved? Just curious as to if our state was one of them. If Nebraska is one of those states wouldn't that fact virtually eliminate this rumor?

Yes, Nebraska is.

Outside of my family situation, I remember a couple of years ago there was an adult that got an underaged girl pregnant (they'd been dating a long time, with parents' consent) The parents even let the couple go to Kansas to get married!

Bruening (Attorney General) made it his priority to file charges against the father of the baby. If the state knows about it, which apparently the Athletic Dept would, charges would be filed; leaving the minors information out of public knowledge, but releasing the information of the accused.

Yes, Nebraska is.

Outside of my family situation, I remember a couple of years ago there was an adult that got an underaged girl pregnant (they'd been dating a long time, with parents' consent) The parents even let the couple go to Kansas to get married!

Bruening (Attorney General) made it his priority to file charges against the father of the baby. If the state knows about it, which apparently the Athletic Dept would, charges would be filed; leaving the minors information out of public knowledge, but releasing the information of the accused.

Thanks for the info.

Nope.

Just speaking strictly to this point, charges may simply not have been filed yet. The state doesn't file charges just as soon as it gets wind of something, and it may take longer to gather evidence if people aren't cooperating.

I have no idea whether this applies in any way to Cody Glenn.

:yeah

And isn't anyone who prevents law enforcement from knowing about it (by "keeping it quiet") also guilty of a crime?

and your source would be....?

you'll find it hard for us to believe you when one of your first 7 posts on our forum is about Cody raping someone :rolleyes:

whatever Cody did, it was a violation of team rules. These kids know the team rules when they sign up...so it's their own fault.

:yeah Sucks he is gone, but he did break the rules. indefinatly should have meant "never going to happen". You know just to eliminate the "what if's" <_<

Actually, every state has the right to bring criminal charges even when the victim doesn't want to press charges. Techinicaly, it's the state verses the defendent - the victim is simply a witness. The state has a right to enforce the law for the protection of the citizenry. Now, having said that, it is not uncommon for the state to decide not to bring charges when the victim doesn't want them brought, as doing so means you are putting a reluctant witness on the stand, and that's no way to secure a conviction.

And isn't anyone who prevents law enforcement from knowing about it (by "keeping it quiet") also guilty of a crime?

In a word, yes. Depending on the circumstances, it can range from "Interferring with Governmental Operations" to "Accessory to the Crime" kind of thing.

I am a new member and felt the need to reply to this.

Statutory rape is not something that parents can "decide" not to press charges to keep their childs name out of the news. Charges would be pressed against Glenn, the underaged persons name would be kept out of the media because of privacy laws.

My immediate family has faced this situationi. No matter how much my mother wanted the problem to just go away so my sister would not have to relive it, the State of Nebraska would not let that happen.

I have no clue as to what happened, but I do know that the parents of an underage girl have absolutely no authority to not persue charges.

I realize that the parents can't decide whether to press charges, this is why this is being kept so hush hush. If the state never finds out what happened then no charges can be pressed.

Nope.

Ok then do tell what really happened and don't give me that bs about not wanting to post it on a message board to protect Cody's name. You obviously don't know what happened or don't want to believe what happened and I have a feeling your facts(if you even have any) won't check out.