Gator Bowl Analysis and Prediction

Enhance

NU's offense definitely has the advantage over the Clemson defense. Our #1 T.O.P. rating shows that we wear down defenses physically and mentally over long periods of time. Although the Clemson defense is very talented, I don't see them shutting down our short passing game and zone read option.

Clemson's offense will probably be evenly matched with the NU defense, but NU is still in rebuilding mode and I expect to see a few screw ups and miscommunications out there on game day allowing for Clemson to get points (PLEASE no more fake field goal attempts!).

Special Teams will probably go to Clemson. Our kick-off coverage is horrendous but we have a strong field goal kicker who we will probably have to utilize a couple times against the stingy Clemson defense.

My pick: Nebraska 38 Clemson 27 :w00t

NU's offense definitely has the advantage over the Clemson defense. Our #1 T.O.P. rating shows that we wear down defenses physically and mentally over long periods of time. Although the Clemson defense is very talented, I don't see them shutting down our short passing game and zone read option.

Clemson's offense will probably be evenly matched with the NU defense, but NU is still in rebuilding mode and I expect to see a few screw ups and miscommunications out there on game day allowing for Clemson to get points (PLEASE no more fake field goal attempts!).

Special Teams will probably go to Clemson. Our kick-off coverage is horrendous but we have a strong field goal kicker who we will probably have to utilize a couple times against the stingy Clemson defense.

Even without a DC, no way yall put up 38 points. We are +10 in turnover margin since the head coaching change. Spiller gets his usual 200+ yards a game under coach Swinney, J.D. gets his record breaking touchdown along with 60 yards rushing, then... there is another weapon you guys have never heard of...Jamie Harper. He also gets 60+ yards and a touchdown. Game Over Nebraska! Clemson 41 Nebraska 17!

Even without a DC, no way yall put up 38 points. We are +10 in turnover margin since the head coaching change. Spiller gets his usual 200+ yards a game under coach Swinney, J.D. gets his record breaking touchdown along with 60 yards rushing, then... there is another weapon you guys have never heard of...Jamie Harper. He also gets 60+ yards and a touchdown. Game Over Nebraska! Clemson 41 Nebraska 17!

Nope were gonna win, sorry Clemson fans!

No offense or anything, but please explain to me how you're team, who is averaging 20.75 points per game and has scored at least 41 TWICE all season (45 vs THE CITADEL and 54 vs SOUTH CAROLINA STATE!!) is going to put up 41 on a Nebraska defense that is playing damn good football. But yet, in your mind, there is NO WAY that our offense, which is AVERAGING 36.167 points per game, and has put up 38 points 5 different times this year (and 35 another 2), is going to score 38 points? Seriously? I mean, maybe we won't. but if you're going to use those for your reasonings, PLEASE find something concrete to back it up. Not going to happen. Maybe you haven't heard about our QB, sorry if thats the case, just because he gets no publicity in the QB rich big 12, but he's a hell of a college player. And, uh, maybe you haven't seen but we have a pretty good rushing defense. You're best bet would be to throw the ball to score.. and seeing our T.o.P you're gonna have a helluva hard time scoring 41 by running the football.

If you seriously believe Clemson is putting 41 on us running the ball and we only get 17 on you guys you know absolutely nothing about Nebraska football. We are a ball control offense and a defense that gives up the occasional big play but generally stuffs the run.

If we don't hold the ball for 30+ minutes in this game I'll be extremely surprised. I'll also be shocked if Nebraska doesn't get at least 28-35 points and there's no chance Clemson gets more than 32 points.

It will be a good. Tough match up and a lot of things can happen, but 41-17 isn't happening.

Nebraska 35 Clemson 24 Book it!

I see our defense going wild, but making a few errors, which will allow Clemson to put something on the scoreboard. Our offense will handle their defense, and then some...35 pts may be low end...this could turn into a blow out. Clemson has not been that impressive this year, and there is no real reason to believe that will change. They better bring extra poker chips, that is all I can say...their bluff won't work with us.

Spiller and Davis are going to be more than a handful, but i like our D-line's chances. You'll get some solid gains, but it's going to result in some 3 and outs.

Now, here's the Tigers real problem. How to stop our passing game. I honestly think that they won't be able to do it. We'll run the ball down their throats, and we'll do ok. And if Ganz catches fire, it's going to cause the Tigers to move away from their running game, and become more one dimensional.

That's when the ground and pound begins. Running the ball, eating clock, and demoralizing the Tiger D.

Final Score

Huskers - 31

Clemson - 17

all the smack talk aside...offensively nu have to start out fast...that means getting joe ganz in rythm throwing the ball early...we cannot become predictable especially in the red zone like in the cu game...clemson has a pretty good defense...they're fast and athletic..defensively nu must prevent big plays...clemson has speed...spiller is a burner....i think clemson's gonna try to get him the ball in space..if we can limit the numbers of big plays and make clemson drive the lenght of the field then we'll be ok

It's going to be a tough game, but our D line vs. Clemson's O line is a mismatch that will cause trouble for the Tigers all day long. One thing that does concern me a little is CU's perimiter speed. Our corners HAVE to be able to keep outside containment and force the screens and pitches back towards Suh and Potter country.

It's going to be a tough game, but our D line vs. Clemson's O line is a mismatch that will cause trouble for the Tigers all day long. One thing that does concern me a little is CU's perimiter speed. Our corners HAVE to be able to keep outside containment and force the screens and pitches back towards Suh and Potter country.

Don't forget about Ty. He's been solid all year! Well, I guess we have to add Allen to the list too.

Ahhh...I look forward to the coaching matchup: Dabo Swinney vs. Bo Pelini.

I respect your prediction, but unless NU completely implodes on the field there is no way the score will be that lopsided. The biggest key here is that both teams are facing an offensive scheme they aren't necessarily used to so it will be interesting to see who can control who. I expect a close game, but not a lopsided one for either team because one team would have to completely break down for that to happen.