Worst Heisman EVER?????

jh_husker

With the way the season was going Crouch was the logical choice, the Run against Missery is still one of my favorite runs and ranks right up there with Fraziers run. Some times one play will vault a person into the lead and seperate him from the rest of the hypsman hopefulls. Crouch had a few plays that year that qualify for that type of play. He was a tough runner and made defenses change the way they would normally play. Was he the best all time, No he was not but I really do not think he should be on the list as the worst either. Actually I think picking the worst winner is kind of silly. That award goes to espn for coming up with this crap.

Why no mention of Charles Woodson? It is a joke that he is the only defensive guy to win this shame of an award. ESPN pushed him straight to the trophy that year just like they are trying with Tebow this year.

If they are basing this on who should have won that year, where do you start?

Reggie Bush wins with all that talent on his team over Vince Young who was his whole team?

Eddie George wins when his team isn't undefeated, he doesn't lead the nation in rushing yards or TD (Troy Davis anyone?), and Tommie Frazier is crushing people all year long on the way to back to back NC on the greatest team of all time.

ESPN is ridiculous, I only watch it for the games. I don't go to their website and I canceled my subscription to their magazine years ago. This guy is a moron, but he fits in well there.

Do I think that Eric Crouch was the worst heisman winner ever. No way he was steller that year and I think he deserved it but I will still watch ESPN and go on the website. It's not like it's the end of the world if a guy who write's for a magazine says that Eric Crouch shouldn't have won the heisman. Was it on the first page of ESPN though?

Do I think that Eric Crouch was the worst heisman winner ever. No way he was steller that year and I think he deserved it but I will still watch ESPN and go on the website. It's not like it's the end of the world if a guy who write's for a magazine says that Eric Crouch shouldn't have won the heisman. Was it on the first page of ESPN though?

I should probably make sure that everybody knows that I did this a long time ago, not just because of Eric Crouch or Nebraska-related stuff.

It is because the spew bullsh#t constantly and don't do any real reporting on sports. They hire internet bloggers as reporters on their website. That means that they don't do any research and generally are uninformed in the area they are reporting on.

once again i'll point out that most of the people that work at ESPN are Mizzou grads or people who hold a nebraska bias. before there was this Tebow there was crouch who is STILL considered to be among the top ten dual threat QB's of all time. the fool who wrote this probably never watched Crouch play enough to understand his talent.

Why no mention of Charles Woodson? It is a joke that he is the only defensive guy to win this shame of an award. ESPN pushed him straight to the trophy that year just like they are trying with Tebow this year.

Your not kidding, I don't remember a player ever getting so much love for such a mediocre season. The only thing he has going for him is his 2 ints. Otherwise, he shouldn't even be in consideration! Yet ESPN isn't even trying to hide their bias, have you seen there heisman segments it's getting ridiculous.

Getting back to Crouch, who should have won it then, Joey Harrington? Give me a break! Crouch was without a doubt the best athlete, and MVP of his team that season. ESPN makes me sick!

Your not kidding, I don't remember a player ever getting so much love for such a mediocre season. The only thing he has going for him is his 2 ints. Otherwise, he shouldn't even be in consideration! Yet ESPN isn't even trying to hide their bias, have you seen there heisman segments it's getting ridiculous.

Getting back to Crouch, who should have won it then, Joey Harrington? Give me a break! Crouch was without a doubt the best athlete, and MVP of his team that season. ESPN makes me sick!

I still don't think that ESPN is so bad. Besides ESPN is predicting Bradford to win so ESPN isn't that Tim Tebow biased. This year anyway.

Eric Crouch did not deserve his Heisman? Huh? The guy was our entire team in '01. Without him the Huskers would have been unbelievably bad. Not only does he carry us that year, he carries us into a national title game.

Whether someone voted on this "poll" or someone wrote this "article" they obviously have no clue how valuable Eric Crouch was, nor ever watched him play.

BTW, where are they in saying Eddie George should be bringing back Tommie Frazier's Heisman? That isn't top 5?

I wouldn't worry bout it Huskers, ESPN is probably just basing it on NFL careers after winning the Heisman. ESPN is pretty overrated with their opinions, at least in my opinion.

we don't need any lectures about ESPN's bias but we do like that other fans see it also