Should Bo be pissed at his salary?

The point is valid. He is paid towards the bottom of the Big 12 coaching salaries.

He should not be "pissed" right now because he is a first year head coach but if he continues to build this program to a place of relevance then he will have to be paid more.

It doesn't matter if we think $2 mill/ year is a lot to coach football. It matters what the market dictates.

Many companies use a quality of life factor for the city they are located in when determining salaries. Sorry folks, but I doubt Lincoln scores real high there. Then again, Bo might not be a big city kind of guy.

Call me crazy, but NU in the past never got into bidding wars with coaches. We didn't offer the big salary until Clownahan came along, and I think we all know how that turned out. If Bo gets us to the top and then demands to be paid like some of the other "prostitute" coaches out there, then maybe we need to look in another direction. Nebraska has never been about the glitz and the glamor. If this is truelly Bo's dream job, then he'll be more than happy with his salary. Considering he and TO hammered out the details themselves rather than involving agents, attorneys, etc. tells me we have the right guy and we're not going to see/hear any threats over how high or low his salary is.

Bo has no reason to be mad. None. He gets paid rather well for a first time Head Coach. If he keeps winning he will get more.

What was Stoops salary his first year?

How about Leach?

Pinkel?

The Fat Man?

This is his first year. If after actually wins something of substance and he is still making less then most of the Big 12 coaches then yes he should be upset. Until then he has no reason.

:rollin:laughpound

OK here's one you guys might relate to a little better.

You're a plumber for a plumbing co., and they pay you $20 per hour to go out and unplug toilets, and you can unplug with the best of 'em. But Johnny Turdtoter is paying his guys $40 per hour, and a few of them aren't quite as good at unplugging.

But shouldn't a guy be happy making $20 an hour? Isn't that enough to unplug a toilet?

You pissed?

Way to take it down to "our" level. :madash:moreinteresting

Ya, you can use and example without having to be condescending. Basically, what your posts said to me was "I make $200,000 a year, but you don't know what that's like, so let me use an example you poor people can understand."

First year coach.... An AD that is and will help him with any area of inexperience... Respect for the program and TO.. Greatfull he was given the oportunity... Also 2M is HUGE in Nebraska. The cost of living is much less than most areas. He is paid well for his position at this point. I think TO is a upstanding and fair person. If Bo earns it he will get it. Cost of living really is a huge factor though.

OK here's one you guys might relate to a little better.

You're a plumber for a plumbing co., and they pay you $20 per hour to go out and unplug toilets, and you can unplug with the best of 'em. But Johnny Turdtoter is paying his guys $40 per hour, and a few of them aren't quite as good at unplugging.

But shouldn't a guy be happy making $20 an hour? Isn't that enough to unplug a toilet?

You pissed?

Way to take it down to "our" level. :madash:moreinteresting

Kinda what I thought. And to answer your question, no. Unplugging toilets is it's own reward, I'd do it for free given the chance.

I read the Osborne take on Bo's salary, saying he can earn over $2 million a year, etc. in total $$ comp.

I'm good with that as long as we are competitive with the Big 12 elite in total $$ comp. If we are at the bottom of the pile, it seems like that would tend to wear on Bo after a while. And what happens when Notre Dame comes calling Pelini when Weiss gets canned with a $5 million a year offer?

Then Nebraska antes up another million or two, but Bo says "screw you...you should have treated me right in the first place."

Seems short sighted. Pay dude the market.

Then again, maybe he is paid market - it's hard to know for sure. His base is definitely down there at the bottom.

Thoughts?

Bo isn't going anywhere. Its not who he is. Nebraska is his dream job. he's gonna be here till he gets the job done. and by get the job done I mean a NC. It will happen, but it will take some time. Which means he will be here for some time.

I don't see how anyone could be pissed about making that kind of salary. I did a little bit of math and if you say Bo averages 70 hours/week (which I would say is a modest to high number of hours for him to average over the whole year) at $2 million/year he is making just under $550/hour, or $77,000 bi-weekly, or roughly $154,000/month (Almost as much as the $200,000/year guy in one month) I would say that's a pretty good wage, and honestly don't know what I would even do with that kind of money on a weekly basis or how anyone could complain about it. I think Bo is a good old boy who doesn't need/want more and I don't think the money really matters and isn't the reason he is here or why he will stay. Hopfully the extra money that gets offered to him goes to getting top notch assistants like was mentioned before.