Could Tebow start for Nebraska?

i also dont think it is such a bad question.

Tebow has not impressed me as a qb really at all. When he scores a rushing TD it is because he gets the ball every time they get inside the five yard line. And his throwing? He has a horrible throwing motion and he is not that accurate. the difference between the two qbs last night was that Bradford was actually playing good. Tebow was making horrible throws but his receivers were athletic enough to make the plays. Bradford didnt have that luxury, his receivers were not making the plays even though he was placing his throws much better than tebow was. Tebow would be 3rd or 4th best qb in the big 12 at best, behind mccoy bradford harrell robinson and i think quite possibly behind ganz as well.

I think that OU proved that he has low interception numbers because he played in the SEC, i believe in the big 12 he would have had many many more interceptions as our defenses are more ball hawking than theirs.

i would rather have ganz running our offense than tebow simply because of his ability to throw the ball much more accurately. if tebow played for us he would not look nearly as good (although he really has not looked that great).

just watch him sometime and actually watch him not the team around him and he is average. then watch his WRs and just them and you will see that they are well above average.

I really believe the anouncers had man crushes on this kid. I'd make sure I put my pants on with the fly in the front if I were him and they were interviewing me. LOL I'm pretty sure there was some subliminal messages about swapping spit or something. Kinda made me sick to tell the truth.

Both of these posts are head on.

Career passing stats:

448-681 65.7% 6391-67-11

Man those are terrible passing stats for a running QB.

Could Tebow start at NU? You have to be kidding me. Ganz started here and he wouldn't have sniffed the field at Florida. I still can't believe people are saying otherwise.

I still can't believe you don't understand the argument. Is it really that hard to understand? There's a difference between who performs better, would Ganz play for Florida, and whatever else you are coming up with. Realize that, and we'll move on to being able to actually discuss it.

I'll give Tebow credit for one thing: he's smart. He knows that all he needs to do to be successful is to throw the ball to Percy Harvin on a swing route and he'll pick up a huge amount of yards on a high-percentage throw. He plays in a gimmicky offense that requires few reads. Shovel pass to Gonzalez, 20 yard gain. Ganz to Swift over the middle in between three defenders in a zone, 20 yard gain. Same thing in the books, I think Ganz used a bit more talent to get his 20 yards though. There's a reason no QB in an Urban Meyer offense ever amounts to crap once he plays elsewhere.

And his running: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 8, 26, 8, 1, 4. Those are the distances covered by each of his rushing TD's this season. What an exciting player! What about that 4.5 yards/carry he averages? Impressive for a running back...What would a decent (not fat) QB run in that offense? Colt McCoy? Much more. How hard is it to run full speed into the back of your elite offensive line, put your head down, and gain 4.5 yards when you're 6'3, 240 (e.g. a fullback)?

But whatever...just keep listening to Gary Danielson.

There's a reason no QB in an Urban Meyer offense ever amounts to crap once he plays elsewhere.

And the professional QBs coming out of the Nebraska system would be........?

Face it. We would have worshipped Tebow and the system had they been racking up wins for Nebraska.

And Tebow washing out as a pro remains a distinct possibility.

There's a reason no QB in an Urban Meyer offense ever amounts to crap once he plays elsewhere.

And the professional QBs coming out of the Nebraska system would be........?

The professional QBs coming out of the system Nebraska runs? Alot. We've ran this system for 5 years, with not the greatest athletes. Plenty of West-Coast QBs in college go pro, in fact, their usually high on the ranks.

But good argument.

ok, you are correct if tebow started here and won 1.5 (at best, leak started and played almost all of that game) national titles then yes he would be worshiped ala frazier.

but the point we are making is; would he still be good in a different offense? with lesser talent around him he would not look nearly as good. his pass completion percentage would not be as good with even our receivers. he has a simply horrible throwing motion and cannot put the ball on the mark nearly every time he is throwing it out of place and his very athletic receivers are making the catch.....its not him making the throw. ganz completed passes at a higher rate and he had less athletic receivers around him, yes i would still take ganz.

I'm sure he and Bo wouldn't get along well.

Dude, Bo would give his right nut to coach Tim Tebow.

Do you really think Bo would put up with Tebow's attitude on the field?

"WHO'S THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE BIG 12 NOW?"

Yes, I think Bo would love his work ethic and leadership. With Coach Bo's self admitted on field blowups, I think he would forgive him quickly. I know Coach Brown would love to coach this kid.

Career passing stats:

448-681 65.7% 6391-67-11

Man those are terrible passing stats for a running QB.

Could Tebow start at NU? You have to be kidding me. Ganz started here and he wouldn't have sniffed the field at Florida. I still can't believe people are saying otherwise.

I still can't believe you don't understand the argument. Is it really that hard to understand? There's a difference between who performs better, would Ganz play for Florida, and whatever else you are coming up with. Realize that, and we'll move on to being able to actually discuss it.

I'll give Tebow credit for one thing: he's smart. He knows that all he needs to do to be successful is to throw the ball to Percy Harvin on a swing route and he'll pick up a huge amount of yards on a high-percentage throw. He plays in a gimmicky offense that requires few reads. Shovel pass to Gonzalez, 20 yard gain. Ganz to Swift over the middle in between three defenders in a zone, 20 yard gain. Same thing in the books, I think Ganz used a bit more talent to get his 20 yards though. There's a reason no QB in an Urban Meyer offense ever amounts to crap once he plays elsewhere.

And his running: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 8, 26, 8, 1, 4. Those are the distances covered by each of his rushing TD's this season. What an exciting player! What about that 4.5 yards/carry he averages? Impressive for a running back...What would a decent (not fat) QB run in that offense? Colt McCoy? Much more. How hard is it to run full speed into the back of your elite offensive line, put your head down, and gain 4.5 yards when you're 6'3, 240 (e.g. a fullback)?

But whatever...just keep listening to Gary Danielson.

I understand your arguement, don't agree with any of it and I still can't believe you think Tebow couldn't start at NU.

Watson would run to Tebow's strengths just like he did with Ganz. Just like he will do next year and the year after that. This isn't Callahan's offense where it is "this is what we run no matter what". This staff proved this year that they will change with the players they have.

It's funny how Tebow gets no credit from you for what he does in the passing game yet Ganz gets all the credit in the world for what he does. The receivers here didn't make Ganz better did they? His PS3 stats last year had nothing to do with Purify did they? Whatever though none of this matters.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go ask Gary Danielson what other players I can think are good, because we all know only the Anti-Tebow crowd really know talent.