Ganz v. Keller

glm09

I think Ganz succeeded this year and the end of last year, because he had the respect of the players on the team and Keller did not. That to me was evident when Ganz came in after Keller was hurt. IMO. BC just wanted to have his star shine and it back fired on him. I wish I could find the article that I read with Ganz stating that he had to basically step aside and keep his mouth shut. I believe it was his home town paper or something.

I think Ganz succeeded this year and the end of last year, because he had the respect of the players on the team and Keller did not. That to me was evident when Ganz came in after Keller was hurt. IMO. BC just wanted to have his star shine and it back fired on him. I wish I could find the article that I read with Ganz stating that he had to basically step aside and keep his mouth shut. I believe it was his home town paper or something.

I believe this is the article you are talking about....

http://www.southtownstar.com/sports/136718...feature.article

This excerpt in particular:

That was a bad situation," Ganz said of the QB controversy. "I grew up with a lot of the guys in the program. I didn't think it was right to have him (Keller) just come in, sit out a year and then start. But he was 6-4, 240 pounds. You know, the prototype quarterback. Once he was named starter, I didn't want to be a cancer to the team. I had to be patient, keep working hard and keep my mouth shut."

Even though I'm a Tiger fan, I do live in Lincoln, and went to the 2007 spring game. Afterward I told co-workers who weren't there that Ganz was the better QB. His throws were crisper, he scrambled better, and Keller threw like a girl - literally off the wrong foot at times.

I was really shocked when Keller got the starting job. NU would have lost to CU and maybe Baylor with Keller at QB. There's a reason he's not in the NFL.

If you think Ganz had the respect of the players on the team this year, you are crazy. I personally know players who have told me Ganz is full of himself and extremely cocky. He thinks he is good and a lot of players really disliked the guy.

On the other hand, Keller is 50X more athletic than Ganz will ever be. I feel that Keller would have done just as well if not better this year than Ganz.

Swift and Pederson made Ganz LOOK really good. Hence why he will never see the light of day on Sundays.

Sorry if this makes some people upset but I really feel it is the truth. I am glad Ganz is gone. (he was a tough mother though)

If you think Ganz had the respect of the players on the team this year, you are crazy. I personally know players who have told me Ganz is full of himself and extremely cocky. He thinks he is good and a lot of players really disliked the guy.

On the other hand, Keller is 50X more athletic than Ganz will ever be. I feel that Keller would have done just as well if not better this year than Ganz.

Swift and Pederson made Ganz LOOK really good. Hence why he will never see the light of day on Sundays.

Sorry if this makes some people upset but I really feel it is the truth. I am glad Ganz is gone. (he was a tough mother though)

Garbage post

I have kept my mouth shut about this for a long time.

But all are gone now, so here is what I think.

Keller was a cancer on his Arizona State team. He was a party animal, and liked some sort of white powder I have heard. The Arizona State players (unitey council did not want him to start or for that matter on the team).

When he arrived he took up with McKeon and they became great buddies. McKeon turned from being a pretty good player to a complainer.

I really believe getting Keller here caused a lot of team problems, deep deep problems. This was one of BC's major errors. It destroyed team chemistry.

I have heard the remarks about Ganz, but he did man up and take a raw deal. He did all he could do to be the best QB he could be. He is a true college QB. I doubt he will ever play another meaningful game. But if he had not been the man he is, this program would have fallen farther into the toilet than it did.

He basically saved this program this year. He gave us credibility. We owe him a lot of respect for what he went through and what he did when he got the chance to play.

He will never be known as a Nebraska star, but he has had his shining moments.

We lost several QB's because of actions by Callahan. Thank god this kid had the balls to stay.