Ganz v. Keller

glm09

I don't remember any of this certainty that Ganz was the better QB in the early fall of '07. There were a few Ganz backers as I recall, but most assumed it was a foregone conclusion that Keller would start, for more reasons than any promises made by Callahan.

I'll admit I thought Keller was a clear #1 at the time, and that I was wrong.

I don't remember any of this certainty that Ganz was the better QB in the early fall of '07. There were a few Ganz backers as I recall, but most assumed it was a foregone conclusion that Keller would start, for more reasons than any promises made by Callahan.

Everybody wanted Keller to start. t's messed up for all these fans to blame Callahan for not starting Ganz over Keller. Sam had experience and anyone who watched the spring game that year could tell that he also had the stronger arm. Picking Ganz over Keller at the beginning of the 2007 season would've been like picking the Arizona Cardinals to make it to this years Super Bowl. Things might've worked out with Ganz but you can't blame Callahan for going with Sam

Everybody wanted Keller to start. t's messed up for all these fans to blame Callahan for not starting Ganz over Keller. Sam had experience and anyone who watched the spring game that year could tell that he also had the stronger arm. Picking Ganz over Keller at the beginning of the 2007 season would've been like picking the Arizona Cardinals to make it to this years Super Bowl. Things might've worked out with Ganz but you can't blame Callahan for going with Sam

But we can BLAME him for sticking with him until he got hurt. Damn Stubborn if you ask me <_<

Who cares...we sucked in 07 and I personally dont think it made a difference....We had a defense that couldnt stop a 3rd grade girls team and our O-line wasnt very good either....All I know is its had to win any games when your QB is laying on his back and you give up 70 points...Lets face it no matter who the QB was it was a nightmare I would rather forget....Obviously they both had talent or they wouldnt have been playing college football at a D1 level....We have better coaches now and that alone can win you a few more games

Man!...we have Kevin Cosgrove to thank for pulling in this gem. Western Michigan must be kicking themselves in the nuts. Haha. Not good enough for Western Michigan, huh?

I would have to say that this is the one and ONLY thing we can thank Cosworthless for doing.

As far as the what if game especially in regards to the past, what if Harrison Beck stays? We don't even have to worry about Keller because he doesn't come here. We don't have to worry about Ganz either because Beck was the golden boy. It's kind of like Berringer. Would anyone really have known anything about him had Frazier never went down to injury? Probably not. We'd know about as much about him as we do Beau Davis. What if Clownahan isn't named HC? Zac Taylor would have never wound up here. Isn't the what if game fun?

I was never a fan of Keller. When a team votes to have you removed from the QB position there is something really really really wrong.

He poisoned the locker room and that led to more problems on both sides of the field. But that may have been the nail in the Callahan coffin. If he hadn't been here we might still have Callahan.

If game is not fun.

Deal with facts. Ganz was a much better QB when given the opportunity. He has given us pride in our team. He did everything he could to win. And I gree he and Taylor were the two really bright spots in the last few years, well add Cory Ross in there to.

Why are people so assured that Ganz was better and Keller only got the job because of Callahan and his daddy?

I'll say it again -- Keller flat out beat Ganz for the job. Everyone who watched practices at that time thought so. Reason being Ganz is an awful practice player. Kid looks like garbage out there. Thus why he is considered a 'gamer'.

Ganz is one of those guys who will get on the practice field, throw sloppy passes, a few INTs and you wonder how in the world he is even on the squad at some points. Come game time on Saturday he will throw for 300 yards, complete most of his passes and not force too many throws.

The thing is with these 'gamer' types, you never know that until you put them on the field. If anyone could have seen Ganz in practice and suspected he would end up being the QB he did, you are the greatest talent evaluator I have ever known. PM me, give me your number and I'll work my hardest to get you a job as a talent scout for some football team somewhere.

Cory Ross was another one of those guys in recent memory. Dude was buried like 4th-5th on our DC because he looked like garbage in practice for the most part. Injuries and garbage play by our RB's ahead of him gave Cory his chance against Kansas years ago and he never looked back.

You simply cannot predict that stuff until it happens.

Hindsight is great and makes even the most uneducated person look like a genius and alot of others like complete dolts.

Why are people so assured that Ganz was better and Keller only got the job because of Callahan and his daddy?

I'll say it again -- Keller flat out beat Ganz for the job. Everyone who watched practices at that time thought so. Reason being Ganz is an awful practice player. Kid looks like garbage out there. Thus why he is considered a 'gamer'.

Ganz is one of those guys who will get on the practice field, throw sloppy passes, a few INTs and you wonder how in the world he is even on the squad at some points. Come game time on Saturday he will throw for 300 yards, complete most of his passes and not force too many throws.

The thing is with these 'gamer' types, you never know that until you put them on the field. If anyone could have seen Ganz in practice and suspected he would end up being the QB he did, you are the greatest talent evaluator I have ever known. PM me, give me your number and I'll work my hardest to get you a job as a talent scout for some football team somewhere.

Cory Ross was another one of those guys in recent memory. Dude was buried like 4th-5th on our DC because he looked like garbage in practice for the most part. Injuries and garbage play by our RB's ahead of him gave Cory his chance against Kansas years ago and he never looked back.

You simply cannot predict that stuff until it happens.

Hindsight is great and makes even the most uneducated person look like a genius and alot of others like complete dolts.

I agree, I mean Keller has the arm and the size that makes talent evaluators (which is really what BC was) drool. I'm sure outside a game situation and with that green jersey on in practice, he looked amazing throwing to Mo and Swift. I just don't think he liked the pocket pressure in games and didn't go through his progressions well enough so most of his passes ended up being dumpoffs to Marlon.

I would like to see how Keller would have done in the spread like offense we ran after the mizzou game...i think he would have done pretty well....cuz when we went to the spread in no huddle situations keller did well...

I don't think Keller could run the Zone Read plays nearly as well, not nearly as mobile as Ganz.