ATH Keeston Terry

Ohio Pete

Id take him as long as he doesnt eat up Austin Hill's spot. I think hopes are high for Cooper as well so that is our safety of the future so Terry isnt needed there.

Yep, I'd take him if we strikeout on Cooper or Hill. Either way I'm not too worried - he could be a good player for us but I won't lose any sleep if he goes elsewhere.

Id take him as long as he doesnt eat up Austin Hill's spot. I think hopes are high for Cooper as well so that is our safety of the future so Terry isnt needed there.

Yep, I'd take him if we strikeout on Cooper or Hill. Either way I'm not too worried - he could be a good player for us but I won't lose any sleep if he goes elsewhere.

With the defensive performance we through up there tonight I think Cooper is ours.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Mizzou might be making a late push for Keeston. How many WRs do they need? They already have Jimmy Hunt in this class, not to mention good ins with Carter, Marcus Lucas. This is to go along with 14 WRs that will be returning next year.

Wow. I will bet though that with them making a late push for Terry that they dont think Lucas is a lock. Nor do they think that CC is either. :cowbell:

With them pushing for a kid like this (who is HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY OVERRATED: not at all worthy of 4 stars) it is only meaning that they have some doubts about their chances at the other two IMO.

actually keeston's name hasn't come up at all in MU recruiting bds. he has strong ties with KU and Gill being named hc has to be positive, especially with the heavy weight coordinators he is bringing on board. there are several very highly rated wr's that will be at mu next year, including hunt who I saw play and is a real force, very physical and faster than I thought for a bigger receiver. Plus he can bring the heat at DB as well. MU has 4 kids RSing at wr who were highly rated and doing well in bowl practices with probably 4 more coming in this class. They will have plenty of speed for Blaine to air it out to next year. 3 RB's signed as well.

I don't get why all the people are ragging on Keeston for decommiting. It's not like he was on webcam like Carter flaming NU, or doing it in a jack@$$ fashion like the Gabberts both did. The kid's parents are KU alumni and he decommited early in the season. He's not going to be N, let's move on.

What highly recruited wr's did mizzou get last year? they had jaleel clark who was a 5.6 three star, although was offered by penn st and pitt. tj moe who was a 5.7 three star, kerwin stricker a 5.6 three star, and L'Damien Washington a 5.4 two star. You could say that they are doing well and are solid prospects but highly recruited or highly ranked they were not. They got Wes Kemp and Rolandis Woodland, both 5.7 three stars in 08' but those two along with moe were the highest ranked wr's the last two years aside from Hunt.

• 1 month later...

Scout dropped Keeston to a 3 :star

Which is where I thought he would land. He is awfully slow for a WR tbh.

Yeah...doesn't really surprise me either. Big body and versatile but lacks elite speed.

Him being KU's only 4 :star (rivals ranking) left is not surprising either....remember the drastic turn our '07 class took after the transition. This year will be tuff (tiger) for Gill but if they win next fall, he'll start getting some solid names.

Everyone still under the consensus that Bell and definitely Enunwa were better pickups than this kid? I feel pretty alright about it.

I think Turner will pull his own on the recruiting trail as he makes a name for himself. I don't know if anyone else feels like this, but I really hope Gill does really well down there. Like wins all his games besides his match up with NU every single year. He's like bizarro-Pinkel.

• 6 months later...