ATH Keeston Terry

Ohio Pete

Nebraska vs Kansas:

Tradition: Nebraska

Facilities: Nebraska

Championships: Nebraska

Players In The NFL: Nebraska

Coaching Staff: Nebraska

Facilities are not as important as many people think. Also, KU just put a ton of money into their football facilities and they are as good as you can find anywhere. The only thing that still sucks is the stadium itself. KU also has Lawrence. Lawrence is an awesome city.....much better than Lincoln (sorry but it's true). The campus is also much better at KU.

Let's also not forget that our society has the "what have you do for me lately" outlook. So IMO.....

Tradition: N

Facilities: even

Championships: barely matters (these kids don't remember the 90s - - besides this could fall under tradition)

Players in the NFL: N

Coaching Staff: even (remember, what have you done for me lately....Mangino has done plenty)

City: KU

Campus: KU

While KU has upgraded their facilities considerably I wouldn't call it a tie. We still have a little edge. Hell Swigert had been to Ohio State and Mich but was still blown away by what we have.

Also, Lawrence is nice, and it's close to KC, but WAY better than Lincoln? No.

Like I said it's just my opinion. I'm from Omaha and spent over 12 years going to Lincoln for games, golf, etc....and it is a great town but no where near the quality of city as Lawrence. I spent 4 years in Lawrence and 2 years in KC (going back to Lawrence) and I don't think the 2 cities even compare. IMO Austin and Lawrence are by far the best two cities in the Big 12. I personally put Lincoln no better then 5th best - behind Lawrence, Austin, Boulder, and Norman.

Nebraska vs Kansas:

Tradition: Nebraska

Facilities: Nebraska

Championships: Nebraska

Players In The NFL: Nebraska

Coaching Staff: Nebraska

Facilities are not as important as many people think. Also, KU just put a ton of money into their football facilities and they are as good as you can find anywhere. The only thing that still sucks is the stadium itself. KU also has Lawrence. Lawrence is an awesome city.....much better than Lincoln (sorry but it's true). The campus is also much better at KU.

Let's also not forget that our society has the "what have you do for me lately" outlook. So IMO.....

Tradition: N

Facilities: even

Championships: barely matters (these kids don't remember the 90s - - besides this could fall under tradition)

Players in the NFL: N

Coaching Staff: even (remember, what have you done for me lately....Mangino has done plenty)

City: KU

Campus: KU

While KU has upgraded their facilities considerably I wouldn't call it a tie. We still have a little edge. Hell Swigert had been to Ohio State and Mich but was still blown away by what we have.

Also, Lawrence is nice, and it's close to KC, but WAY better than Lincoln? No.

Like I said it's just my opinion. I'm from Omaha and spent over 12 years going to Lincoln for games, golf, etc....and it is a great town but no where near the quality of city as Lawrence. I spent 4 years in Lawrence and 2 years in KC (going back to Lawrence) and I don't think the 2 cities even compare. IMO Austin and Lawrence are by far the best two cities in the Big 12. I personally put Lincoln no better then 5th best - behind Lawrence, Austin, Boulder, and Norman.

Norman!?! What's so great about a crappy suburb of Oklahoma Pity?

My thoughts are Boulder is the prettiest town, Austin is cool but has lost a little college town feel, but VERY nice and Lawrence is a great town. It does not have Boulder's great views, but is more into the school and you can feel that, so they have their plusses. Lincoln is also very into it's school, but I do not find it nearly as charming as Lawrence. That is not to demean it or say it's not nice, it is. I just think Boulder/Lawrence/Austin are the best towns, depending on what a recruit likes. I am not feeling Norman, they love the school, but I was not that overwhelmed otherwise.

I did note people saying the staff's are even. I don't buy that. From a recruit standpoint, Mangino is a lot more proven than Bo. That is not to say Bo is not a good coach, but if we all take off our team favored glasses, Mangino has accomplished a lot more as a head coach. Both have titles as assistants, but at other schools. Mangino turned around the program, Bowls 3 of the last 4 years, 23-4 at home in the last 4 years, 20 wins in the last 2 years. and a BCS bowl win... I am not saying this makes us a global superpower, but a recruit looks at that and sees the coach that built it there. When Bo has done that at Nebraska, which he may do and more, I will agree they are even or beyond. Until he does, Mangino is ahead as a head coach to a recruit.

All this said, Nebraska has lots of great things going for it. Furthermore, this was one recruit who was from KC and has KU ties, and you win some and lose some. NU will get some great players and I hope I will continue to enjoy some great games between our schools. Each one has some things to market and I hope every kid does what is best for them and their family, I just happen to like it better when that means they are ending up in Lawrence. :)

• 3 months later...

So, lets say we put the beat down on KU tomorrow. You think think this guy reconsiders?

Nope. I doubt that the coaches would even accept a verbal committment back from him. He left us, we didnt leave him. Now we are in on some WRs that are better than him.

Was more impressed with this kids safety film over the WR film I saw.

Terry looks like someone that would decommit from a school, then think about re commiting because he relizes he made a big mistake, but knows we wont take him back.. IMO IMO IMO..

i just think the kid looks sneaky. you know how you see a really fat person at subway and you HAVE THAT FEELING IN YOUR HEAD that its torturing them to eat 6 grams of fat or less. Well I feel like Keeston is a sneaky kid who will mess up in his college career.. And possibly drop out of college due to heavy drugs..

just kinda throwin that out there