ATH Keeston Terry

Ohio Pete

I said in my post that I love the coaches, and I do but there is noooo reason why we should only have four commits, absolutely no reason at all. Mizzou has like 10, KU now has probably close to 10 and we have four? Our two biggest north rivals IMO, programs who are not even close to the level of NU have two times the number of commits we have. Unless the coaches have some hidden targets that aren't on rivals or scout we are going to be wayy behind for this recruiting class to our conference. I know UT, OU and Okie St. have an advantage so I expect them to be ahead but for KU and MU to be pretty much out recruiting us can only speak poorly of the coaches recruiting tactics.

:yeah

well said sir

I said in my post that I love the coaches, and I do but there is noooo reason why we should only have four commits, absolutely no reason at all. Mizzou has like 10, KU now has probably close to 10 and we have four? Our two biggest north rivals IMO, programs who are not even close to the level of NU have two times the number of commits we have. Unless the coaches have some hidden targets that aren't on rivals or scout we are going to be wayy behind for this recruiting class to our conference. I know UT, OU and Okie St. have an advantage so I expect them to be ahead but for KU and MU to be pretty much out recruiting us can only speak poorly of the coaches recruiting tactics.

well said sir

I understand your concern, but its all about how you finish. We are still in on some good recruits.

OL

Aleon Calhoun

Zac Bolton

Denton Simek

Dalvin Glass

Kody Innes

WR

Bud Sasser

Chris Hawkins

Marcus lucas

Curtis Carter

Bobby Swigert

Tyler Slavin

RB

James McConico

Deontae Cooper

Giovanni Bernard

TE

Chase Harper

and probably more kids are going to be identified as the season goes on. if it was jan and we had 4 recruits i would be scared, but is july/aug. all this means is we are going to get more commits as the season goes on.

Can we stop bashing the coaches now?

You could bash me as much as you wanted on the internet if was paid in excess of a hundred K per year and from some reports, took June and July off to enjoy:

cancun-mexicovg.jpg

:sarcasm

Look we know Bo isn't a slave driver with regards to recruiting (+ coaching), why should he be when he didn't have to recruit at NU, OU or LSU?? Bo's getting tutored from TO who had to recruit against OU only, yet TO still is on record that he didn't get to see his children grow because of the program. Stoops, Mangino, and Snyder are totally opposite of Bo's approach, Snyder worked the dog crap outta both of them and he's still going at those crazy hours and demanding the same from his staff. Ditto to Stoops and Mangino. See how hard Saban is working his staff and look at the results. The proof is in the pudding for all of those coaches mentioned.

To put it bluntly, being the CEO of a business making $2 mil a year doesn't allocate you much time off to watch your family grow in ANY profession. Concessions are made when you get to this level. The same can be said of his assistant coaches.

Well that's great.. we have 4 commits. I'm starting to wonder what our coaching staff is doing, sometimes it doesn't seem like they push real hard to get or keep kids. How is it that other teams in the Big 12 have far more commits than we do?

I am equally as disappointed about this decommit, but I think it's time to move on and stop dwelling on this.

What is the need to call out the coaching staff on this? The bottom line is Terry felt more comfortable in Lawrence, he is a legacy, and it is close to home. I have a hard time blaming him or blaming the coaching staff. I think we just need to focus on continuing to improve, and winning football games..especially on the national stage.

Keep in mind that recruiting is a marathon, not a sprint.

I understand your concern, but its all about how you finish. We are still in on some good recruits.

OL

Aleon Calhoun

Zac Bolton

Denton Simek

Dalvin Glass

Kody Innes

WR

Bud Sasser

Chris Hawkins

Marcus lucas

Curtis Carter

Bobby Swigert

Tyler Slavin

RB

James McConico

Deontae Cooper

Giovanni Bernard

TE

Chase Harper

and probably more kids are going to be identified as the season goes on. if it was jan and we had 4 recruits i would be scared, but is july/aug. all this means is we are going to get more commits as the season goes on.

Harper probably will be our next commit out of the list that you mentioned. Adding insult to injury, given that NU has 1000 TEs currently on roster. Sorry, I had to be a a little sh!t just one last time tonight given the current status of things. I have no idea who the next guy is to commit or decommit.

Well that's great.. we have 4 commits. I'm starting to wonder what our coaching staff is doing, sometimes it doesn't seem like they push real hard to get or keep kids. How is it that other teams in the Big 12 have far more commits than we do?

I am equally as disappointed about this decommit, but I think it's time to move on and stop dwelling on this.

What is the need to call out the coaching staff on this? The bottom line is Terry felt more comfortable in Lawrence, he is a legacy, and it is close to home. I have a hard time blaming him or blaming the coaching staff. I think we just need to focus on continuing to improve, and winning football games..especially on the national stage.

Keep in mind that recruiting is a marathon, not a sprint.

It is a huge disappointment. I'm not a coaching/recruiting whizz kid, but my eyes are starting to shift towards Gilmore. I'm sorry, but with the type of offense we run, the numbers we've put up in the passing game the past few seasons, how in the hell is it we can't land or keep any major WR prospects? Compared to some of our north rivals, even, we're lagging behind in recruiting. I don't know what the problem is, but if another month goes by with nothing but the wind blowing, I think it will be time to be more than just a little concerned.

It's August, and we're heading backwards. Not good.

Marathon or sprint, we're still at the back of the race as I see it. It's not so much his decommit as it is the fact that we have only 4 kids who've committed. I for one find that pretty disturbing, and would feel a lot better if I knew we could find someone to replace him. But considering we have very few kids so far as it is, I'm having my doubts. Yes, I realize it's July, yes I realize there is a lot of time left, and I do understand this is Pelini's second year and I am very impressed with him so far. However, I still can't help but think we should have more commits than we do.

Marathon or sprint, we're still at the back of the race as I see it. It's not so much his decommit as it is the fact that we have only 4 kids who've committed. I for one find that pretty disturbing, and would feel a lot better if I knew we could find someone to replace him. But considering we have very few kids so far as it is, I'm having my doubts. Yes, I realize it's July, yes I realize there is a lot of time left, and I do understand this is Pelini's second year and I am very impressed with him so far. However, I still can't help but think we should have more commits than we do.

hell yeah i hope we have a great second third or forth wind lined up because we've got a long way to catch up to the leaders of pack of this marathon.....

i know the coaches know whats up and tom O. ain't no idiot so i'm sure maybe this time the coachign stay will finally get the memo.. but remember don't fire ron brown right :box

That's exactly why you aren't a head coach!!