ATH Keeston Terry

Ohio Pete

from a month ago...

"Keeston Terry officially committed to Nebraska about a month ago. Of course those close to him acknowledge that he nearly committed the first time he set foot on campus for a junior day in February. However word is now that there may be a rift between some of the coaches and Terry. Apparently this stemmed from some contact Terry has had with KU coaches lately. Its too early to know whether this is actually a concern for the Huskers or if this is one of the many ups and downs before signing day. Also, fellow Nebraska commit Tyler Gabbert has already called Terry to "firm up" his commitment. But given Gabbert's older brothers famous switch that is nothing in stone. Chief and I are not expecting Terry to ever wear red (except in those ugly KU special uni's). Remember both Terry's parents went to KU and apparently only a few hours away from graduating from the school. It just seems like too many things are setting up for him to switch his commitment."

courtesy of http://chiefsnick.blogspot.com/2009/06/mid...report-624.html

this isn't looking good

Reading the KU board they dont really know what to think either.

Some of my favorite quotes:

"I saw Jesus at the same party wearing a tuxedo t-shirt. He said he wanted to be formal but he's here to party." Hot_toddy

"I just came back from a party with Jesus Christ. Says he likes Cheez Doodles." Dmitch86

I have a gut feeling that he was just telling the KU people at the party what they wanted to hear. Just like pelini's salt water aquarium guy.

Just a gut feeling.

I swore to myself a long time ago that I wasn't going to get worked up over the whims of a 17 year old kid. This has done wonders for my off-season blood pressure. If Keeston chooses to go elsewhere, so be it. From 2002-2005, we had 22 4-star commits and only 9 of them had 10 or more career stars, so chances are 50/50 this kid would have even started. Not odds that merit a meltdown, IMO.

As for the coaches, I have read the message board posts about their "summer slacking". I really have no way of knowing if these rumors are true or not. Regardless, they will either find ways to win with the players that they bring in or we will be going through another coaching change in 4 or 5 years. I think that we would all like these guys to succeed so that we don't have to endure another 2007, but if they don't do what they need to win it will be they who suffer the biggest repercussions. Me complaining on message boards isn't going to do anything and switching allegiances isn't an option, so all I can do is support the team and hope for the best. No point getting worked up over something that I have no control over.

Meanwhile, I can't help but chuckle while I imagine certain posters over at Huskersillustrated feverishly typing about how our coaches aren't working hard enough while they keep glancing over their shoulders to make sure their bosses aren't coming. Ahhhh, irony.

I swore to myself a long time ago that I wasn't going to get worked up over the whims of a 17 year old kid. This has done wonders for my off-season blood pressure. If Keeston chooses to go elsewhere, so be it. From 2002-2005, we had 22 4-star commits and only 9 of them had 10 or more career stars, so chances are 50/50 this kid would have even started. Not odds that merit a meltdown, IMO.

As for the coaches, I have read the message board posts about their "summer slacking". I really have no way of knowing if these rumors are true or not. Regardless, they will either find ways to win with the players that they bring in or we will be going through another coaching change in 4 or 5 years. I think that we would all like these guys to succeed so that we don't have to endure another 2007, but if they don't do what they need to win it will be they who suffer the biggest repercussions. Me complaining on message boards isn't going to do anything and switching allegiances isn't an option, so all I can do is support the team and hope for the best. No point getting worked up over something that I have no control over.

Meanwhile, I can't help but chuckle while I imagine certain posters over at Huskersillustrated feverishly typing about how our coaches aren't working hard enough while they keep glancing over their shoulders to make sure their bosses aren't coming. Ahhhh, irony.

YOu mean HuskerTimOmaha and Timm_mmay, those guys are insane and love freaking out!!

lol

[quote name='teachercd' date='Jul 31 2009, 01:54 PM' post='448135'

YOu mean HuskerTimOmaha and Timm_mmay, those guys are insane and love freaking out!!

I will give you that HTO is a little over the top (huge NU fan), however timm_mmay is spot on. He posts things just as he sees fit, no agenda, no info lording, no bashing. He does not freak out. Both of these guys are very much in the know, especially timmmmay, they know more then the rivals/scouts beat writers do about what's going on in the back scenes.

People called HTO out hard core a couple weeks ago about some of his posts regarding recruiting, well all the naysayers are hiding in the bushes now. There are some serious problems with this coaching staff regarding recruiting and it starts with the main man. Employing an incompetent recruiting coordinator doesn't help.

And to the comment about one of the coaches (JP) just having a baby, this guy is one of the few that is really out there busting his balls recruiting. See Curtis Carter for example.

lol

No irony here . The coaches are slacking and Im retired.

People called HTO out hard core a couple weeks ago about some of his posts regarding recruiting, well all the naysayers are hiding in the bushes now. There are some serious problems with this coaching staff regarding recruiting and it starts with the main man. Employing an incompetent recruiting coordinator doesn't help.

I'm new to HuskerBoard, any idea where I can find these posts to read them? I tried digging around, but I couldn't find them anywhere...

How can a decommit from a guy who wasn't solid on NU, whose parents went to the school he may be committing to lead to a firestorm about our coaching staff. This is the same staff who has recruited well the past two years; the same coaches who got a tattoo to please a commit; the same staff that has gotten us in the conversation with a lot of high profile kids.

Yes not everything is perfect, but this staff is still working as had as anyone else in my opinion. There just seems to be a lot of angst because of the anticipation of the new season and that recruiting has slowed. But I am willing to bet everyone will be pleased with this class come Feb, we just need to be patient.

[quote name='teachercd' date='Jul 31 2009, 01:54 PM' post='448135'

I will give you that HTO is a little over the top (huge NU fan), however timm_mmay is spot on. He posts things just as he sees fit, no agenda, no info lording, no bashing. He does not freak out. Both of these guys are very much in the know, especially timmmmay, they know more then the rivals/scouts beat writers do about what's going on in the back scenes.

And to the comment about one of the coaches (JP) just having a baby, this guy is one of the few that is really out there busting his balls recruiting. See Curtis Carter for example.

HTO is a jerk and posts like he is a jerk and Timm_mmay is not much better. His insider knowledge is pathetic at best.

Dont you think that any fan of any program, save UT, UF USC, could say "recruiting is a real problem" and then just wait for a recruit to decommit? What school doesnt that happen at?

I am not saying there are not issues with this staff and the recruiting there probably is, but saying it is like saying that its going to snow sometime in the next 6 months, is it going to happen for sure? No, but it probably will.

Again, I do think from what I have read that Gilmore needs to change his Cricket cell plan and get him some AT&T and an iPhone and I think Sanders could be the coach that relates to possible recruits the best and could really be a stud but for some reason he is not. But I am saying that HTO is posts like a jerk and Timm_mmay has the same inside info that most people do.