ATH Keeston Terry

Ohio Pete

Our third rivals top 250 player.

Just an observation..

we have 3 four star players currently committed none of which are from Texas. We will get ours in Texas so this class has a chance to be something special.

4.69 forty? He would not be a 4 star player in Texas, and no Big 12 South team has offered him a ship. You have to recruit with the best to beat the best.

Well since he is considered a Rivals 250 player (35th best Receiver) and is a 4 star on both Scout (22nd best Receiver) and Rivals, I think you are off on your assessment of KT. He is a great pick up and is a major recruiting coup no matter what you say. By the way Oklahoma was recruiting him, just haven't offered him yet. Doesn't mean they will or won't, but to imply that KT isn't a great player that good schools want is flat wrong.

We need to keep recruiting Terry hard. I mentioned before that his dad and h.s coach are both former KU players, and Terry mentioned that and how close it was between us and KU.

He has a good relationship with Gilmore and John Garrison( who also went to Blue Springs High) so they need to really stay on this kid, or he will be another Kevin Young de-commitment.

I thought I heard that he and Marcus Lucas were talking about playing together in college. If we could get both of them, that would make a fierce duo.

Getting Lucas would be a HUGE coup.

Lucas and Terry know each other very well. They played last year against each other. Lucas was torching Terry's until Keeston was told to man up on Lucas.

You can watch the video here ..

http://www.showmesportsonline.com/football...unior-highlight

Most of the early clips in this highlight reel are of Terry vs Lucas' HS team. On defense you can see him going up against #85 which is Lucas.

Keeston had 8 catches for 169 yards, 3 receiving TDs and 1 rushing TD while also having 2 INTs in the 4th quarter of that game. He also got POtW honors for that performance.

Also, for anyone doubting Terry because of his speed .. I will say again that a 40 time is one of the most overrated things in all of football. Quickness in and out of breaks and the ability to sell routes to be able to gain separation are the two most important things a WR has. I mean, how many times do you see a WR running 40 yards downfield in spandex untouched?

It's like Nate Swift. The kid was slow by any standard. But the kid ran terrific routes which put DB's on their heels alot which allowed him to be a damm good WR for us.

I thought I heard that he and Marcus Lucas were talking about playing together in college. If we could get both of them, that would make a fierce duo.

Getting Lucas would be a HUGE coup.

Lucas and Terry know each other very well. They played last year against each other. Lucas was torching Terry's until Keeston was told to man up on Lucas.

You can watch the video here ..

http://www.showmesportsonline.com/football...unior-highlight

Most of the early clips in this highlight reel are of Terry vs Lucas' HS team. On defense you can see him going up against #85 which is Lucas.

Keeston had 8 catches for 169 yards, 3 receiving TDs and 1 rushing TD while also having 2 INTs in the 4th quarter of that game. He also got POtW honors for that performance.

Also, for anyone doubting Terry because of his speed .. I will say again that a 40 time is one of the most overrated things in all of football. Quickness in and out of breaks and the ability to sell routes to be able to gain separation are the two most important things a WR has. I mean, how many times do you see a WR running 40 yards downfield in spandex untouched?

It's like Nate Swift. The kid was slow by any standard. But the kid ran terrific routes which put DB's on their heels alot which allowed him to be a damm good WR for us.

Just watched the video and I was really impressed with this guy. It looks like he knows what to do with the ball once he gets it.

Really impressed by the versatility of this guy...running back, WR, cornerback...this guy looked impressive at all spots on the video...the hit he made during one of the plays on a wide receiver was amazing...and he looked like he took the ball upfield everytime he touched it. I think he is going to be a great player.

This guy is an awesome get for the huskers!

maybe this is a dumb question, but per scouts he's only a 76 or something right? does scouts update their grades like rivals?

If you mean the ESPN Scouts, I am not sure but they most likely will re-review the prospects after game film from this year and other camps take place. However Scout.Com has him as a 4 star just as Rivals does and his film is pretty good.

I'm excited about KT if for no other reason than Missouri fans are extremely angry that he is coming here. There are a lot of "he wasn't any good anyways" posts flying around. (Not that we Husker fans aren't guilty of the same thing on occasion ;) )

When NU can get 4-5 star Texas players they will be a top 5 team, but until then they will be battlin to win the North and continue losing to the South's best. You have to get skill players that UT and OU want, not the Texas kids that would have to settle for TCU or Houston.

I'm excited about KT if for no other reason than Missouri fans are extremely angry that he is coming here. There are a lot of "he wasn't any good anyways" posts flying around. (Not that we Husker fans aren't guilty of the same thing on occasion ;) )

When NU can get 4-5 star Texas players they will be a top 5 team, but until then they will be battlin to win the North and continue losing to the South's best. You have to get skill players that UT and OU want, not the Texas kids that would have to settle for TCU or Houston.

Come on rkhufu, do some research before you post. Last years class had three 4 star Texas kids that alot of the big boys wanted

Chris Williams: offered by Oklahoma, LSU, Oregon

Rex Burkhead: ofered by Michigan, Auburn, LSU, Cal

Cody Green: offered by LSU, Texas A&M, Miami

Don't forget about the late in home visit and offer by Stoops to Andrew Green. And of course we now have the inside track to his little bro Aaron, who will be a 5 star RB in the class of 2011. This years class is off to a kick ass start, and we will get more 4-5 star Texas kids in this class.

Impressive. Willie is saying he may be a better defender Pete. What are your thoughts?

I hope he works out at receiver, because we really need players at that position right now.

We do?

Paul

Holt

Brooks

Henry

Guillyen(Sp?)

Kinnie

Bell

Cooper

Osborne

Mendoza.

Really?