ATH Keeston Terry

Ohio Pete

Impressive. Willie is saying he may be a better defender Pete. What are your thoughts?

I hope he works out at receiver, because we really need players at that position right now.

We do?

Paul

Holt

Brooks

Henry

Guillyen(Sp?)

Kinnie

Bell

Cooper

Osborne

Mendoza.

Really?

SA is not a hotbed of football talent. The Greens are great in SA HS ball, but have not panned out in college all the time. More top skill players from CA, TX, FLA and LA and NU will be a top 10 to 5 school again!

Impressive. Willie is saying he may be a better defender Pete. What are your thoughts?

I hope he works out at receiver, because we really need players at that position right now.

We do?

Paul

Holt

Brooks

Henry

Guillyen(Sp?)

Kinnie

Bell

Cooper

Osborne

Mendoza.

Really?

Well, considering that we only had two in lasts years class, and one was a juco guy, I would say yes for sure. Then you have the fact that Holt and Brooks are seniors, and that only Paul has ever done anything on the field who will be back in 2010. Also Mendoza is a RB, who is experienting at receiver, and Guillyen has shown that he can't catch the damn ball so far.

Look, we just lost our most productive receivers in Swift and Peterson, and we have no proven go to guys, so i don't know how you can say receiver is not a position of need right now. I guess we have some bodies on the roster, but i would say we need 3 receivers in this class.

I would definately say that receiver is a position of need but I think two would be fine in this class.

Holt, Brooks (Sr.)

Paul, Kinne, Henry (Jr.)

Gillyean, Mendoza (So.)

Osborne, Cooper, Bell (Fr.)

Bell has proven that he will be a very good one and I have heard good things about Osborne, and I am really hoping that Mendoza works out. However with Cooper being a little bit of an unknows playing baseball and missing a bunch of time and Gillyean not stepping up at this point and Mendoza being a bit of a project I would say getting at least two dynamic receivers in this class is a high priority.

We will be just fine at WR. No, we don't have many people with a ton of playing time, but we have a wealth of talent back there. Just becuase you haven't seen it in a game doesn't mean it isn't there.

I see plenty of play makers, sure a couple WR in this class is an obvious choice BUT we are not in any dire NEED of some.

the fact remains we have no sense of ability with the WR's we have on hand now...potential, maybe, proven ability, nothing so far. we may be a lot thinner than we even realize, we have had several guys hanging around for a couple years now (Brooks and Holt) and they have not been able to even push the previous guys who graduated.....i think we will need to get at least a couple guys, and Terry is a good start, finally.........

the fact remains we have no sense of ability with the WR's we have on hand now...potential, maybe, proven ability, nothing so far. we may be a lot thinner than we even realize, we have had several guys hanging around for a couple years now (Brooks and Holt) and they have not been able to even push the previous guys who graduated.....i think we will need to get at least a couple guys, and Terry is a good start, finally.........

Your point is negated by your own words. We have no sense of ability with any recruit either. They, just like what we have on our roster have only one thing - potential.

Chris Brooks was a 4 star recruit, so was Niles Paul. Menelik Holt, Kinnie and Cooper were 3 stars, Antonio Bell is a 2 star. Swift was a 3 star.

It sounds like you are saying that these recruits seem to have more talent than our current roster, and that fact is based on nothing, or should I say just recruiting services and such. Nobody has any idea how any recruit will turn out until they are on the big stage and playing the college game.

What says Terry--- a 4 star will be any better than the 2 4 stars we have currently? Nothing does. I'm not saying he will or won't be, I'm just stating that nobody knows that is all.

As I said, we probably should pick up one or two WR in this class as, well lets face it, one can never have enough WRs. I do think we have plenty of talent on our sidelines currently, and theres nothing that says any recruit that comes in will be better than anyone we have.

When NU can get 4-5 star Texas players they will be a top 5 team, but until then they will be battlin to win the North and continue losing to the South's best. You have to get skill players that UT and OU want, not the Texas kids that would have to settle for TCU or Houston.

Not soo true. Look at K-State for example beating Texas two years in a row and they had Ron Prince coaching with a mediocre team. Nebraska didn't have the greatest recruiting even back in the Osborne years and we were still whooping up on Oklahoma now and then. Look at Lucky (coming from North Hollywood) for instance he was a 5 star player coming to Nebraska and he had an OK career with Nebraska but nothing that really stands out. Its the way Coaches coach their players and how the players react and learn from it which can make the player improve their skills, ability, strength, technique, etc.

When NU can get 4-5 star Texas players they will be a top 5 team, but until then they will be battlin to win the North and continue losing to the South's best. You have to get skill players that UT and OU want, not the Texas kids that would have to settle for TCU or Houston.

I think we might be getting a 5 star guy from Texas next year. :)

---

But we do need WRs, pretty badly. Almost all the guys on our roster have talent, but haven't proven jack. Meno is the only consistent WR we have. Niles is somewhat there, but he has to prove he will actually give effort on every play.

The rest have nothing but potential and we all want to believe they will do good, but they haven't done jack as far as on the field. Even KC Hyland and Tim Marlowe have flashed, but doesn't mean it will add up in the actual games.

Not soo true. Look at K-State for example beating Texas two years in a row and they had Ron Prince coaching with a mediocre team. Nebraska didn't have the greatest recruiting even back in the Osborne years and we were still whooping up on Oklahoma now and then. Look at Lucky (coming from North Hollywood) for instance he was a 5 star player coming to Nebraska and he had an OK career with Nebraska but nothing that really stands out. Its the way Coaches coach their players and how the players react and learn from it which can make the player improve their skills, ability, strength, technique, etc.

ding ding ding DING! we have a winner!

to say that this recruit would not be a 4 star in texas is laughable! RKHUFU i can guarantee you that if we have a class full of nothing but 4 star players from everywhere but texas, we will have a very competitive team.

playing in texas does not magically make you a better player! a 4 star is a 4 star and a 2 star is a 2 star. you do not get labeled a 4.5 star because you play in texas...

I don't agree that we are in desperate need of WRs. Especially with Terry's verbal. His coaches seem to get the ball in his hands often, and at many different positions. Which speaks to his versatility, and should make him a great fit for us in the slot.

I think Keeston is Gilmore's guy. NU just signed 6 or 7 DBs last year, not to mention all the RsFr. So when (or if) Terry signs, he will almost certainly be playing WR.

I don't agree that we are in desperate need of WRs. Especially with Terry's verbal. His coaches seem to get the ball in his hands often, and at many different positions. Which speaks to his versatility, and should make him a great fit for us in the slot.

I think Keeston is Gilmore's guy. NU just signed 6 or 7 DBs last year, not to mention all the RsFr. So when (or if) Terry signs, he will almost certainly be playing WR.

We signed Gomes, Green, Middleton and Washington. Three of those are CBs. Only one was a safety. Middleton could end up there though.

If Terry plays defense, he will be a safety. Culbert is already gone and Thenarse, Asante and O'Hanlon will all be gone by the time Terry gets on campus. That leaves Osborne, Smith and Hagg (will be a senior when Terry arrives) as our safeties with Washington coming in as well. Wald can't cover to save his life, so he isn't going to play. We need safeties.

Man, I am thrilled to see a highlly rated WR in this early. The kid looks great on film. IMO speed (IE 40 time) does matter but I can see this guy as a solid possesion/slot compliment to a down the field burner. I would still love to see them pick up a deep threat guy.

GBR!!!!!!!!!!