ATH Keeston Terry

Ohio Pete

Jeremy Crabtree said on Big Red Wrap-Up last night that some schools have already contacted Terry in the last 24+ hours to let him know there's still a scholarship offer on the table if he chooses to switch from KU after the Mangino stuff. He didn't mention any schools by name, but I can't help but wonder if NU is one of those schools considering their need for WRs. Stay tuned....

Jeremy Crabtree said on Big Red Wrap-Up last night that some schools have already contacted Terry in the last 24+ hours to let him know there's still a scholarship offer on the table if he chooses to switch from KU after the Mangino stuff. He didn't mention any schools by name, but I can't help but wonder if NU is one of those schools considering their need for WRs. Stay tuned....

I hope we are not one of the teams still interested. IMO, if a kid de-commits from us we should be out of it for him. Perhaps the only exceptions being those kids who are looked at as truly elite gamebreakers. I know we got Josh Williams back from sCUm a while back but I would still prefer to steer clear of kids like that in the future. Character thing.

I hope we are not one of the teams still interested. IMO, if a kid de-commits from us we should be out of it for him. Perhaps the only exceptions being those kids who are looked at as truly elite gamebreakers. I know we got Josh Williams back from sCUm a while back but I would still prefer to steer clear of kids like that in the future. Character thing.

is it really a character issue when his dad played at KU? when it's in the family like that, its hard to turn down.. thatd be like baker turning us down last year... ya know? if he wants to recommit and theres room for him, take him.. hell, we need all the wide out help we can get. competition if nothing else.

is it really a character issue when his dad played at KU? when it's in the family like that, its hard to turn down.. thatd be like baker turning us down last year... ya know? if he wants to recommit and theres room for him, take him.. hell, we need all the wide out help we can get. competition if nothing else.

I think the fact that his dad played there is a mitigating factor when consdidering if it's a knock on his character, but I would still rather steer clear of a kid who flip flops. I'm just saying it's a red flag that should concern any team. It doesn't mean he's a bad kid, just something to consider.

I think the fact that his dad played there is a mitigating factor when consdidering if it's a knock on his character, but I would still rather steer clear of a kid who flip flops. I'm just saying it's a red flag that should concern any team. It doesn't mean he's a bad kid, just something to consider.

fair enough. def. something to look into..

I see Terry gave an interview to Rivals regarding his commitment status. Does anyone know what he had to say? Did he say if he was sticking with KU regarding of the coaching situation?

The interview was actually given by his coach and not Terry.

He said he is basically taking a wait and see approach and that other schools are not really contacting him yet. I'm sure his coach is telling the calling schools to give him a little space to wait for KU's decision.

I doubt VERY seriously that our coaching staff would even be willing to talk to him about it..

This.

Keeston is a solid talent, but not someone you kill yourself to get. Like I said when he originally committed, he is a MUCH better safety prospect than at WR.

But we are in a very good position with Corey Cooper and Derrick Malone right now and we already have Harvey Jackson on board. Basically, recruiting Keeston wouldn't be a priority, except if we swing and miss alot, which shouldn't be expected.

I doubt VERY seriously that our coaching staff would even be willing to talk to him about it..

This.

Keeston is a solid talent, but not someone you kill yourself to get. Like I said when he originally committed, he is a MUCH better safety prospect than at WR.

But we are in a very good position with Corey Cooper and Derrick Malone right now and we already have Harvey Jackson on board. Basically, recruiting Keeston wouldn't be a priority, except if we swing and miss alot, which shouldn't be expected.

Not trying to start conflict but what makes you say Keeston would be a better safety? I have seen him play twice and played against him once. He ran/caught on our D all night. And that year (his junior season) we had one of the best defenses in the state. He has great speed and with the right weight training he could put on 20 or so pounds which is all he needs to be a great WR.

I wouldn't be surprised if he re-commits to us. From his eyes, he probably sees KU's coaching woes, and our WR woes. I would be glad to take him back. I try not to fault 18-year-olds too much for switching commitments. There are tons of variables in making a decision this big. It's not like he's pulling a Bryce Brown with talk of going from high school to the Canadian League.

This.

Not trying to start conflict but what makes you say Keeston would be a better safety? I have seen him play twice and played against him once. He ran/caught on our D all night. And that year (his junior season) we had one of the best defenses in the state. He has great speed and with the right weight training he could put on 20 or so pounds which is all he needs to be a great WR.

I wouldn't be surprised if he re-commits to us. From his eyes, he probably sees KU's coaching woes, and our WR woes. I would be glad to take him back. I try not to fault 18-year-olds too much for switching commitments. There are tons of variables in making a decision this big. It's not like he's pulling a Bryce Brown with talk of going from high school to the Canadian League.

I'd love to have him too. From everything I hear, he's having a monster year.

No offense to you or your high school but just bc he tore up your team as a receiver in high school doesnt mean he would be a better wr is college. I've heard that Paul would have been a better safety in college than wr but I'm sure he tore up some teams as a wr. That's outstanding news about cooper however I expect Malone to stay out west.

• 2 weeks later...

With Mangino resigning does Keeston Terry decommitt and come back to us?

Before some of you reply just remember that Blaine Gabbert committed to us and then decommitted to go to MU because Callahan was fired and most of us have no hard feelings for Gabbert for doing that and this is almost the exact same scenerio.

Now Terry committed to us than went to KU because his parents went there. Now that Mangino isn't the head coach anymore does Terry still go to KU or does he decommitt and head north to Nebraska??

And I know you guys are bitter because of Keeston flip flopping like he did. But remember... he had family/coach ties to KU. So at least he had an excuse.

Moreover, if you would take Keeston back, where would you want to see him play? Most people project him as a WR/DB. I think I'd put him at safety. He reminds me alot of Niles Paul. A lot of people think Niles had All American potential should he have played safety. Just now some of his WR potential is coming to light. And Keeston is not even close to another Missouri WR prospect, Marcus Lucas. I'd take Lucas in a heartbeat. But Terry is an athletic kid who could help our team somewhere. And before you guys all pile on the "We do not want him back" stuff... we took Josh Williams back from CU after Callahan left. I do think most people would take a decommit back, honestly.