thoughts on next years record

HskrMan

I just can't imagine us losing to MU next year. Most of their playmakers are gone. It won't be a cake walk, but if we lose that one I'll be really disapointed.

If we lose to Mizzou next year, it won't be a pretty season overall. There is not one single reason we should lose that game as it stands right now. Heck, even come time during the season, I doubt there is one single reason why we should lose to them.

I think our season depends immensely on what we do in the VaTech game. If we beat VaTech, I'm positive the only other teams we will lose to are OU and then possibly one of the North teams. If we lose but compete well and almost win against VaTech, I expect the same season outlook as if we had beaten VaTech. If we lose to VaTech and in an undesirable fashion, I think our B12 North champion hopes could be in trouble.

Not so fast . . . What impressed me most about last year's team was the way they bounced back after big losses at MU and OU. After 4 years of tucking the tail (it was a tail, right?) between the hind legs after any loss, that is

Definitely. I can't argue that we bounced back very well this last season. I guess I'm just saying we need to play well if we want to avoid those bounce back situations lol.

I hate to say sure losses, but if I had to bet money I'd say we have two sure losses with VT and OU. Both will begin the 09' season ranked probably in the top 10.

From there, we have Mizzou. I'm calling this a 50/50 right now. Since it's in Columbia, I'm giving the nod to Mizzou.

Texas Tech is another toss up. Again, probably 50/50. I give us this game since its in Lincoln.

I know some are projecting big things from Baylor, and it might happen. I do know they have a few recruits that are playmakers to go along with their QB. It's away, but I still think we win this game. I think it's 2010 before Baylor makes any big noise.

Kansas. This might be for the Big 12 North. I think KU takes this one from us.

CU is 50/50. If they catch the injury bug like they did in 08', we win the game. If they stay healthy, they will win this one in Boulder.

I'm projecting another season similar to this one. I'm thinking 4 or 5 losses. We'll get a lesser bowl in 09' than we did this year. Of course all of this is subject to how our young and inexperienced offense develops. Talent for talent or should I say athletic ability for athletic ability, we might have a much more gifted QB under center next year than we did this year. While the WR's won't be as good of route runners as this year, we should be a lot more athletically gifted there as well. If we come out and play lights out in the beginning of the season and knock off VT, I could see us only losing to OU. In the end, I guess time will tell.

I hate to say sure losses, but if I had to bet money I'd say we have two sure losses with VT and OU. Both will begin the 09' season ranked probably in the top 10.

From there, we have Mizzou. I'm calling this a 50/50 right now. Since it's in Columbia, I'm giving the nod to Mizzou.

Texas Tech is another toss up. Again, probably 50/50. I give us this game since its in Lincoln.

I know some are projecting big things from Baylor, and it might happen. I do know they have a few recruits that are playmakers to go along with their QB. It's away, but I still think we win this game. I think it's 2010 before Baylor makes any big noise.

CU is 50/50. If they catch the injury bug like they did in 08', we win the game. If they stay healthy, they will win this one in Boulder.

I'm projecting another season similar to this one. I'm thinking 4 or 5 losses. We'll get a lesser bowl in 09' than we did this year. Of course all of this is subject to how our young and inexperienced offense develops. Talent for talent or should I say athletic ability for athletic ability, we might have a much more gifted QB under center next year than we did this year. While the WR's won't be as good of route runners as this year, we should be a lot more athletically gifted there as well. If we come out and play lights out in the beginning of the season and knock off VT, I could see us only losing to OU. In the end, I guess time will tell.

A realist... what the heck are you doing here?

Since neither Mizzou fans or Husker fans even know who the the QB will be, or the depth chart on O-line or receivers, it's a little early to predict a record. (Mizzou has a pretty good idea that Gabbert will be the starter, but he's only had about 15 snaps.. so who knows?)

A realist... what the heck are you doing here?

Since neither Mizzou fans or Husker fans even know who the the QB will be, or the depth chart on O-line or receivers, it's a little early to predict a record. (Mizzou has a pretty good idea that Gabbert will be the starter, but he's only had about 15 snaps.. so who knows?)

15 snaps is almost better than the two guys we have competing.. :ahhhhhhhh combined

a marked sign of improvement?

nebraska winning against big xii south team... that IS NOT baylor.

:yeah 100%

I don't know Baylor will be vastly improved by next year. If we get a win against them I will be very happy. If we go 2 out of 3 against the south next year it will be a big improvement

Thoughts on next years record should go like this.

1. Clean up our turnover margin. 2. Clean up our special teams play.

If we accomplish that alone, regardless of who wins out as starting QB, next year will probably look similar to this year in terms of wins/losses. The defense will most likely carry us to the same point next year as our offense did last year.

Of course...my opinion only. I'm looking forward to 2010.