WR Austin Hill

I agree I would be a lot less upset if we did end up getting a commit from Harris, Wright, Lucas or Reese. Maybe we have a silent commit out of one so far or something. But like I said in a prior post we have taken less athletic kids before to get another recruit so why not do the same thing with Hill even if we do have other options?

I agree I would be a lot less upset if we did end up getting a commit from Harris, Wright, Lucas or Reese. Maybe we have a silent commit out of one so far or something. But like I said in a prior post we have taken less athletic kids before to get another recruit so why not do the same thing with Hill even if we do have other options?

As far as I'm concerned, you take the best player you can get every time. There's no guarantee that you get Green just by taking Hill, and if you take Hill when you could have a receiver you graded out better and don't end up with Green then you've screwed yourself twice.

:wtf

I guess I'll wait for the recruiting process to play itself out before getting pissed off, but this is very surprising and disappointing. Crabtree just said yesterday that NU was in a great position to land Hill, but apparently he was going off of old info. Kind of makes you take what these recruiting experts say with even more of a grain of salt that they were saying NU was the clear leader when in fact they hadn't even contacted Hill since the OU game. But I guess I'll just give the coaches the benefit of the doubt until signing day. If we don't have another (better) WR commit at that point, they'll have some 'splainin' to do, Lucy.

A list of dead periods in recruiting.

Dec. 18-20 is a quiet period;

Dec. 21-Jan. 1 is a dead period;

Jan. 2-10 is a quiet period;

Jan. 11-14 is a dead period;

Jan. 15-16 is a quiet period;

Jan. 31 is a quiet period;

Feb. 1-4 is a dead period.

The signing day is Feb. 3.