WR Austin Hill

:dunno I'm very confused by what is happening with Hill. Obviously I don't know everything that the coaches are working on but to back off Hill seems nuts. I highly doubt that we backed off cause we are in "good position" with Lucas, Harris, or Reese. I'm also surprised because we just extended a new WR offer to Kenny Bell. Could the coaches value Bell more than Hill? Hard to believe.

So according to the NCAA, a Coach CAN write or call a recruit during both a Dead Period and a Quiet period unless I am missing something. I don't get this at all.

Doesn't make any sense to me either. I always thought that there were no contact periods as well.

brah i can't understand this at all.... there are certain things that show brilliance for recruiting on this staff and there are others that just make you scratch your head

for example... hounding and getting on a guy early and having him pretty solid on Nebraska.. only to STOp talking to him..... i know it happens all the time but when you know the guy is a rock star why do this???

Maybe Hill is telling the recruiting services one thing and coaches another. I don't mean this as if the kid is doing anything wrong either. He's just not under any obligation to give the whole truth to the media who are hounding him for information. Misinformation by the recruiting services is also very common. Don't treat their info as gospel.

So it could mean almost anything. Maybe Hill is silently committed to NU but isn't ready to tell the world yet. Let's wait and see what happens before getting too concerned.

Maybe Hill is telling the recruiting services one thing and coaches another. I don't mean this as if the kid is doing anything wrong either. He's just not under any obligation to give the whole truth to the media who are hounding him for information. Misinformation by the recruiting services is also very common. Don't treat their info as gospel.

So it could mean almost anything. Maybe Hill is silently committed to NU but isn't ready to tell the world yet. Let's wait and see what happens before getting too concerned.

I can see this. I really hope this is the case. Crabtree NORMALLY knows what he is talking about. Not always. He did say that Austin Hill was an NU lock. I wouldnt imagine us just saying "oh sorry austin. we want tyler evans to play your spot instead of you." No disrespect to Tyler, he is a great athlete in his reguard and I wish him the best at NU. But Austin Hill is one of the best WRs we are in one.

Something is not right about this.

I have said it in a lot of other threads. Dont underestimate the staff. Also, dont think that Bo Pelini doesnt know EXACTLY what he is doing.

I can see this. I really hope this is the case. Crabtree NORMALLY knows what he is talking about. Not always. He did say that Austin Hill was an NU lock. I wouldnt imagine us just saying "oh sorry austin. we want tyler evans to play your spot instead of you." No disrespect to Tyler, he is a great athlete in his reguard and I wish him the best at NU. But Austin Hill is one of the best WRs we are in one.

I have said it in a lot of other threads. Dont underestimate the staff. Also, dont think that Bo Pelini doesnt know EXACTLY what he is doing.

Hopefully we haven't given up on pursuing this kid. Along with Enunwa, they could be the 1-2 punch we need in our passing game.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Hill will be N due in part to his cousin Andrew being here already. Hopefully this will be the case? It'd also help our chances with snagging Aaron Green next year as well.

Hopefully we haven't given up on pursuing this kid. Along with Enunwa, they could be the 1-2 punch we need in our passing game.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Hill will be N due in part to his cousin Andrew being here already. Hopefully this will be the case? It'd also help our chances with snagging Aaron Green next year as well.

Aaron and Austin arent as close as these threads have led on to be as I have heard.

Aaron and Andrew are VERY close.

BTW some goober over on Huskers Illustrated is bagging on our site and this thread in particular. Thinks some people are just interested in Hill in hopes of getting Green. Thinks others may be attacking Hill too harshly for his statements. Actually both are true. <_<

We'll see how it plays out and I hope Hill is in the class in the end.

I would like to see Hill N because we need play makers at that position in the future. I think he'd be a great addition to the program along with Enunwa.

As for Aaron Green, I'm with EZ-E and also think that he'll be N when it's all said and done, with or without Hill.

Scout is reporting that Austin Hill committed to Arizona

well thats what happens when you dont talk to your recruits after hitting them hard for a long time.... i am trusting the staff knows what they are doing........ its hard but i've learned to trust over time with these guys..... stilll..... the whole situation is fuct