What the KU board is saying about NU game

husker76

Can you summarize? It seems to require a membership.

Sure, here are a few quotes.

"[i]Who is your starting quarterback? If we scored that many points in your house, and we return pretty much our entire offense, wouldn't logic tell you that we will score more this coming year?

And if you do not return your senior quarterback, and have no idea who will be starting under center for the game, wouldn't that imply that your offense will be less potent this year?

KU rolls...[/i]"

"KU beats NU next year in Lawrence. Im not gonna predict a score because its really stupid to say KU scores this much and NU scores this much. I dont know why people think they can get close to the exact score. KU will win, Todd Reesing will be the best player on the field and I think KU has better talent overall.

What do you think the future holds for NU? I personally dont think NU will ever be a perennial top 15 team again. I can see NU sneaking into the top 10 from time to time but NU wont be like the NU of old. Too many other North Programs are giving a **** about football now and lets face it, it is tough to recruit to NU because of your states location. Also the state of Nebraska does not produce much D1 football talent to begin with let alone Big 12 talent. It was nice to see KU beat NU in a number of recruiting battles this year, including taking the #1 ranked player in Nebraska. I know Pelini and Osbourne came on late the kid stayed with KU, sweet. Tim Biere was another recruit NU put the full court pressure on as they sent Osbourne and Pelini to try and sway him to NU and he stayed with KU. "

"In the old days (like, five or six short years ago), you almost never heard about a recruit that picked KU over Nebraska. This recruiting season, it happened, what, 6 or 7 times? Seems like it's happening more often than the other way around.

I don't think the order is restored."

"The loss of Ganz and your two best WRs (Swift & Peterson) will be big, especially Ganz. Ganz was like Reesing is to us. He flat out made the Husker offense go and had the "it" factor.

Suh is a man. The rest of the NU defense is mediocre. You will have to fill 4 starting spots this year on the defense.

We will miss James Holt at LB. I don't believe we will miss Mortenson and Rivera as much as you think. Mortenson was playing injured all year long after not fully recovering from knee surgery the prior year. Rivera was injured much of the year as well.

One factor lots of people don't take into account is the upgrade in our coaching staff. Our new co-defensive coordinator is the real deal. This is a significant upgrade to our staff on the defensive side of the ball.

KU 35 NU 24"

"KU won the recruiting battles against NU with..

Operum

Young

Omigie

Sellers

Kande

NU has a lot to sell, but the shine has worn off and KU and Mizzou have started to take football seriously. Besides, most 18 year olds aren't that thrilled to spend 4 years in Lincoln, NE with a fanbase whose average age is 75."

Couple of points I have (while remaining as respectful as possible)...

1) Getting a better offense does not mean that our defense won't be getting better. Pelini is the best defensive mind in the B12, so people can't be naive and assume that one team will get better and the other team won't.

2) Stole the number one recruit out of Nebraska? That must have been real hard with all the 5 star talent we have around here... :sarcasm

3) Trouble recruiting to Nebraska because of location? Sorry to point this out KU, but your state has the same type of weather Nebraska generally has. KU doesn't have any better location than NU, and NU has tradition and championships on it's side which looks better to recruits.

4) You had one phenomenal season in 2007, which was a very commendable season. Don't let success get to your head, just like I haven't with NU. I don't think NU is this dominant power that is a forced to be reckoned with, and neither is KU.

NU has a lot to sell, but the shine has worn off and KU and Mizzou have started to take football seriously. Besides, most 18 year olds aren't that thrilled to spend 4 years in Lincoln, NE with a fanbase whose average age is 75."

Maybe I'm a little out of touch with today's youth, but are most 18 year olds thrilled to spend 4 years in Lawrence with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man as their head coach?

Gimme a break on the location remark?! Cus Kansas is the California of the midwest, just shows me that person is a moron. We'll see soon enough who the better team is, but my feeling is Kansas will go back to their rightful place in the Big XII North eventually and hold hands with ISU.

Here are a few more quotes.

"I have a feeling we are going to be really good next year. I think the defense surprises everyone on how good it will be. I think the Bill Miller addition will bring some needed wrinkles and surprises that were not there this year. Plus the d-line should be able to pressure the opposing teams qb this year.

We hand Nebraska their lunch. They will not be able to score near enough points to match our offense"

"If nebraska doesn't find them a qb the caliber of who they are losing, they won't be very good at all. It's all about the qb play these days with the spread, without a good accurate qb nebraska won't move the ball and will lose a lot of games. This is exactly the same problem KU will encounter the year after next year. The only times KU has been good in the Mangino era is when KU has had excellent qb play...the Reesing years and under Whittemore. Every other year KU has been a borderline bowl team at best.

So my answer is there is a much better chance that KU destroys Neb by 30 pts than that Neb beats KU at Lawrence next year."

"NU will come to the realization this spring that the offense left school. The QB, best two recievers, I Back, half the oline- etc., Bo P., could very well be the right guy for NU. But in some ways the overacheiving this year will open them to unreasonable expectations. They will be hard pressed to win 9 like this year. OU at home, MZ, CU, KU, Baylor all on the road. VTech on the Road. Hic, or not."

"ku will win - nu fans (and fb players)still to cocky and still have no clue that it aint the old days ever again - next years game in lawrence will be another take em out to the woodshed beating by ku and everyone from nebraska still cant or wont want to believe they are not supreme in anyway even vs the generally weak north rotation - nu ku mu will win the north depending on home field advantage and south schedule - south where the real boys play - who the hell wants to live in the cold north - therefore continued population decline from already embarrassing levels and the more people the more good players produced - south will dominate big 12 and southern teams or west coast warm teams in all conferences will dominate nationally for the foreseeable future with rare exceptions and that exception wont be nu in my life time or yours no matter your age"

The upgrade to their coaching staff? this is something like their DC's 5th job in 10 years.

And remember their running game last year? well this year it will be even harder for them. Also, i will never forget watching Reesing walk off the field limping and hearing my girlfriend say she felt sorry for him. This next year we will be better at getting pressure on the quarterback, so i am interested to see how reesing holds up to that.

Also, it is dumb to make a statement about NU never being the NU of old again. Every team that has tradition goes through down periods and then gets back up. There is no reason what so ever to claim that NU will never be up there again. With out a doubt we are the most attractive team in the North for everyone outside of Lawrence, Boulder, Manhattan, Ames and Columbia. The very fact that NE is the only team in the North with our kind of tradition should allow us to be top 15 every year again soon when the order is fully restored. I would predict a North championship for us 7 of the next 10 years. Plus we don't get to be the product of a cake schedule every couple of years like KU. Missouri was the only ranked team they played before the bowl game ALL SEASON. And they lost.

I think KU fans should stick to the most amazing celebration ever created: "waving the wheat". What a stupid thing to do after a touchdown. It is even embarassing just to watch.

The upgrade to their coaching staff? this is something like their DC's 5th job in 10 years.

And remember their running game last year? well this year it will be even harder for them. Also, i will never forget watching Reesing walk off the field limping and hearing my girlfriend say she felt sorry for him. This next year we will be better at getting pressure on the quarterback, so i am interested to see how reesing holds up to that.

Also, it is dumb to make a statement about NU never being the NU of old again. Every team that has tradition goes through down periods and then gets back up. There is no reason what so ever to claim that NU will never be up there again. With out a doubt we are the most attractive team in the North for everyone outside of Lawrence, Boulder, Manhattan, Ames and Columbia. The very fact that NE is the only team in the North with our kind of tradition should allow us to be top 15 every year again soon when the order is fully restored. I would predict a North championship for us 7 of the next 10 years. Plus we don't get to be the product of a cake schedule every couple of years like KU. Missouri was the only ranked team they played before the bowl game ALL SEASON. And they lost.

I think KU fans should stick to the most amazing celebration ever created: "waving the wheat". What a stupid thing to do after a touchdown. It is even embarassing just to watch.

you're just as bad as them.