Why missouri will never be good. ever.

mitch93

Has anyone notcied that we had a "Look what mizzou fan says" thread, and then a ISU hates us thread, and then a people on a KU board are talking smack thread.......

and now we have become what we were complaining about.

Shouldn't most teams in the B12 N hate us? We handed out years of brutal poundings. Now that we are medicore how can they not enjoy it. I would if i were them.

:clap Man I can't wait for the season to start.

:clap GREAT post, I agree that fans of other teams SHOULD hate us. Even in down years, NU is the flagship of the Big XII North & it is no surprise that all of the other North teams hate us. And in turn we will hate who ever the top 1 or 2 teams are that year. 97-2001 = K-State, 2001-2003 = CU, 2004-2008 = Missery. I have a TON of respect for every team in the North and I can't wait to play against all 5 of our division rivals (6 with OU) next year.

Thank you and good night!

i've said it once, i'll say it again.... the county next to Columbia has the HIGHEST number of KKK members per capita in the ENTIRE USA. makes it hard to recruit there. other than when Nebraska is in a coaching change.

You can continue to say it too, but you will still sound like a fool. Let's see if you can provide a SINGLE shred of evidence for that inflammatory remark.

While we wait, here's a like to the Anti-Defamation League listing of active KKK chapters in the US.

http://tinyurl.com/2z2vvf

i've said it once, i'll say it again.... the county next to Columbia has the HIGHEST number of KKK members per capita in the ENTIRE USA. makes it hard to recruit there. other than when Nebraska is in a coaching change.

You can continue to say it too, but you will still sound like a fool. Let's see if you can provide a SINGLE shred of evidence for that inflammatory remark.

While we wait, here's a like to the Anti-Defamation League listing of active KKK chapters in the US.

i looked at the website and i seem to see no county from missouri in there.. guess he was wrong. But Dominance is one thing nebraska had under Bob, and tom, consistently winning 9 games. I believe missouri will in the future be back where they are now. i just don't think they will be as good as they have been the past two years since they have a new QB. But, hopefully Nebraska, missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, colorado can all consistently be good so the north will rise up and take down the south. Because i would rather see a competitive north then a one sided north (unless the one team was nebraska)

fact"s can only slow a man down, so quit, okay? More fun to make up as you go, like little kid"s can like to do. Plus also people we elect.

Some one need to tell FORBE magzine about this new deal so they don"t say COlumbia 8 best of all campus is USA.

I would like an stay but need to go get sheet of the line. Late for meting in county by COlumbia.

Ever one have nice day .

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU. <: ( husker98, lean to side an see if this simple is right for KKK since you top expert on such.Thank.

A little tweaking of another fan base is okay once in a while, but when it becomes a main theme I lose interest. I must say most of the posters from other fan bases who post here are pretty good. Very few flame and when they take shots at NU, they generally are balanced. To be honest, I enjoy reading their opinions more than most others just because you occasionally get a perspective you did not have before. Besides, most of them, like Cy, Jayhawk and Fro, have a good sense of humor and can take a little ribbing without going nuts. You're not gonna find that on the "main" boards.

:corndance

fact"s can only slow a man down, so quit, okay? More fun to make up as you go, like little kid"s can like to do. Plus also people we elect.

Some one need to tell FORBE magzine about this new deal so they don"t say COlumbia 8 best of all campus is USA.

I would like an stay but need to go get sheet of the line. Late for meting in county by COlumbia.

Ever one have nice day .

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU. <: ( husker98, lean to side an see if this simple is right for KKK since you top expert on such.Thank.

:wtf

Let's see if you can provide a SINGLE shred of evidence for that inflammatory remark.

Same thing should be said to the guy who accused 70% of our players of using steroids back in the day <_<

But that's easy to provide evidence for:

Steinkuhler said that during his junior year at Nebraska he was aware of "four or five, no, five or six" other Husker linemen using steroids. By his senior year, "I only knew of two," though he believes steroid use on the team "kinda took off."

Was head coach Tom Osborne, a critic of steroids, aware of the use? "I think he knew it was going on," said Steinkuhler. "I don't think he knew the numbers." In November Osborne told SI, "I think over the years we've had some guys who have taken steroids.... The thing I feel bad about is if the whole team over a long period of time is indicted."

(Sports Illustrated, Jan.1991)

That's just linemen. It's estimated by others that upwards of 85% of the team was on 'roids. Christian Peter and Dave Rimington also admitted users.

One persistent theory has to do with anabolic steroids. During the early and mid-'80s, Nebraska was regarded as a hotbed of steroid use. In a 1987 article in SI, Dean Steinkuhler, the 1983 Outland Trophy winner, admitted that he used steroids while a guard at Nebraska, and the 1989 book Big Red Confidential: Inside Nebraska Football, written by former SI staffer Armen Keteyian, stated that steroid use was widespread among the Huskers.
(Sports Illustrated, June 1991)

I would say this. It happened, BUT it happened alot of places. Not just Nebraska. I would bet it was at almost every university in the country. And we all know how much of it was within the NFL in the 80's. It was a culture. If you think for one second that if the rest of the Big 8 thought or knew it was happening at Nebraska and they themselves didnt start/continue taking it then...well...I am not sure what to say to you. It is what it is.

The people who pretend or act like their team didn't while the accuse NU of it are the same as the NU fans who pretend like their team never did it. In the end, everyone did it...

MUTigerFan, Thats not a knock at you. I know you were just responding with some facts. But this converstaion has nowhere to go but down hill. First an unwarrented attempt to paint a racist picture that doesnt exist and now the whole "cheaters" thing. This just has the feel of something going down fast.

I would say this. It happened, BUT it happened alot of places. Not just Nebraska. I would bet it was at almost every university in the country. And we all know how much of it was within the NFL in the 80's. It was a culture. If you think for one second that if the rest of the Big 8 thought or knew it was happening at Nebraska and they themselves didnt start/continue taking it then...well...I am not sure what to say to you. It is what it is.

The people who pretend or act like their team didn't while the accuse NU of it are the same as the NU fans who pretend like their team never did it. In the end, everyone did it...

MUTigerFan, Thats not a knock at you. I know you were just responding with some facts. But this converstaion has nowhere to go but down hill. First an unwarrented attempt to paint a racist picture that doesnt exist and now the whole "cheaters" thing. This just has the feel of something going down fast.

They had 85 scholarships in the 90s.

Let's see if you can provide a SINGLE shred of evidence for that inflammatory remark.

Same thing should be said to the guy who accused 70% of our players of using steroids back in the day <_<

Steinkuhler said that during his junior year at Nebraska he was aware of "four or five, no, five or six" other Husker linemen using steroids. By his senior year, "I only knew of two," though he believes steroid use on the team "kinda took off."

Was head coach Tom Osborne, a critic of steroids, aware of the use? "I think he knew it was going on," said Steinkuhler. "I don't think he knew the numbers." In November Osborne told SI, "I think over the years we've had some guys who have taken steroids.... The thing I feel bad about is if the whole team over a long period of time is indicted."

That's just linemen. It's estimated by others that upwards of 85% of the team was on 'roids. Christian Peter and Dave Rimington also admitted users.

One persistent theory has to do with anabolic steroids. During the early and mid-'80s, Nebraska was regarded as a hotbed of steroid use. In a 1987 article in SI, Dean Steinkuhler, the 1983 Outland Trophy winner, admitted that he used steroids while a guard at Nebraska, and the 1989 book Big Red Confidential: Inside Nebraska Football, written by former SI staffer Armen Keteyian, stated that steroid use was widespread among the Huskers.

Don't want to start a battle here so I will just finish with this.

The key words/phrases in your post are: evidence (not the same as proof), four or five, no, five or six (means he had no idea), he "believes", I "think", estimated, persistent "theory"

Now, I'm not going to deny that Nebraska ever juiced, but you would be absolutely crazy to believe that Nebraska was the only team that did it and that they were the team that did it more than any other, which makes it just as equally ridiculous to ONLY call out Nebraska. Do you accuse one man of 9/11 or all of the conspirators?

Simple fact of that matter is that a lot of teams did it including many powerhouses (OU anybody?) and since your entire post is riddled with no hard evidence other than a few admissions, lets just leave it at everybody juiced and it's in the past.

Even now, every team in the country has kids using steriods, including Missouri. The drug testing in the NCAA is a joke, and these kids cycle it during the offseason when they are not tested. If you don't think kids on you're team don't use them, you are very naive.

Whoever asked for evidence just got pwned!

BTW- I went to high school at a littel school in the panhandle and we had kids on our high school team using roids. One of them went to our church and when he got caught by his parents it came across the telephone gossip line......I mean prayer chain.

If high school kids (this was late 80's) were doing it, do you really think college athletes aren't?

Its one thing to be a fan. Its another to think that somehow, bc/ players wear our uni they are more righteous, and heroic than others. Bizarre!

In the end, I'm just really happy Tuff tiger posted in this thread. I laughed out loud. :nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

Back on topic.

Missouri will get better I think. They have a good coach, pretty good facilites a taste of winning and the alum to spend money to make it better.

They have a large population base second only to Texas in the Big 12. They are managing to keep a lot of their home grown talent home.

Yea we have history and tradition, and look what that has done for us the last 10 years. It takes talent, and the larger the population you have the easier it is to get that talent. We have to travel the country to get kids to play, Missouri can get most of its talent in state, adding some from Texas and Illinois.

Loving Nebraska as I do, I hate to think ten years down the road. Money drives this game, recruiting is the main factor to be a premier program. Missouri has an easier road to that than we do. My guess is in 10 years we will be seeing Missouri rising to the top of the North, Colorado following closely and then Nebraska.

If I was betting on the future that is the way I would see it happening. Hope I am totally wrong, but we have been spiraling that way for awhile.