Mendoza a WR & Toailoa a OL

From huskerextra:

Mendoza working with wideouts

The first day of spring practice is in the books. And it was kind of like the old days -- a quarterback from Bradenton, Fla., wearing No. 15.

More on that later.

Marcus Mendoza worked with the wide receivers on Wednesday.

"He's working exclusively with the wideouts," Husker head coach Bo Pelini said. "It best utilizes his skills and his talents. We feel like we can do some things there."

Another position switch: Quentin Toailoa, recruited as a defensive lineman, is working with the O-line.

"We feel good about our depth at D-tackle and we just want to take a look at him there," Pelini said.

I guess everyone who wanted Mendoza to split out wide got their wish. I think he's the game breaker on the outside we've been looking for.

From huskerextra:

The first day of spring practice is in the books. And it was kind of like the old days -- a quarterback from Bradenton, Fla., wearing No. 15.

More on that later.

"He's working exclusively with the wideouts," Husker head coach Bo Pelini said. "It best utilizes his skills and his talents. We feel like we can do some things there."

Another position switch: Quentin Toailoa, recruited as a defensive lineman, is working with the O-line.

"We feel good about our depth at D-tackle and we just want to take a look at him there," Pelini said.

I guess everyone who wanted Mendoza to split out wide got their wish. I think he's the game breaker on the outside we've been looking for.

this is what i like about watson and the pelinis: it doesn't look like they're afraid to experiment. this could make for an interesting spring game.

From huskerextra:

More on that later.

this is what i like about watson and the pelinis: it doesn't look like they're afraid to experiment. this could make for an interesting spring game.

amen. Its fun to watch things like this..especially when we have plenty of bodies that can fill in as the #3 back. we've experimented some in the past, but they aren't always worth getting excited for..this may be a fun one to watch unfold though.

I like the idea with Mendoza too! He could make a splash, even if it's just as a situational type reciever. We definiately need to get the ball in his hands.

I am a little surprised with the Toailoa move to OL. I would've thought Baker would be the first to make that kind of move, but hey the coaches see things we can't. I like the direction.

GBR

I like the idea with Mendoza too! He could make a splash, even if it's just as a situational type reciever. We definiately need to get the ball in his hands.

I am a little surprised with the Toailoa move to OL. I would've thought Baker would be the first to make that kind of move, but hey the coaches see things we can't. I like the direction.

GBR

Hopefully this is a sign that Baker is going to live up to his 5-star reputation at DT. Nothing would warm my heart more than to see Suh and him clogging up the middle like cholesterol.