SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

From what I got from reading over on Rivals it is not a done deal at all. Actually, the insider stated the chances of him making it are still less than 50/50 FWIW.

Yeah . . . they say 70% chance he still isn't here in the fall . . . but that beats 99% chance.

I didn't want to use the exact number because I know how they get about taking their info. :corndance However, you are so right, 70% > 99%. I still have my fingers crossed.

As Mr. Wilson used to say, "Fort Scott!" Or something like that. Give him to jeff Sims for a year and then resign him. :ahhhhhhhh

Fort Scott isn't OUR farm team, even though one might think so from recent recruiting :) But, there is still no guarantee we get him back if he goes JUCO.

I didn't say IT was. I would love to have him at NU this fall. All I'm saying is, if he did not qualify, I would rather have him at a school we have a relationship with the school and coach than him going where we've never recruited before. Capiche? :hellloooo

Only thing that makes sense to me is the NCAA Clearinghouse denied Braylon, and it is under appeal. This is pretty common I think, and from what I recall is what happened with Justin Rodgers a couple of years back. There was no way he was going to make it, then all of a sudden he was on campus. We'll know soon, one way or the other.

Only thing that makes sense to me is the NCAA Clearinghouse denied Braylon, and it is under appeal. This is pretty common I think, and from what I recall is what happened with Justin Rodgers a couple of years back. There was no way he was going to make it, then all of a sudden he was on campus. We'll know soon, one way or the other.

I thought Justin Rogers didn't make it despite the appeal.

He made it, sat through a redshirt year then left. He has resurfaced at a juco in Arizona and will be a December grad and should be a 2 for 2.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/24784-signed-rbdb-justin-rogers/page__st__50

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncstate/football/recruiting/player-Justin-Rogers-113911

He made it, sat through a redshirt year then left. He has resurfaced at a juco in Arizona and will be a December grad and should be a 2 for 2.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/24784-signed-rbdb-justin-rogers/page__st__50

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncstate/football/recruiting/player-Justin-Rogers-113911

Gotcha. Thanks!

A route that was discussed on 1620 today was the 'Antonio Bell' option, where Braylon essentially doesn't go to any junior college and instead spends his fall preparing for retaking an ACT/SAT and increasing his core GPA. A slight gamble, obviously, but the nice thing is he could show up in January if he makes it and he won't have lost any eligibility. We would suffer for it this season, but Heard/Green coming in for 2011 would be a nice start to our Big 10 era with running backs.

A route that was discussed on 1620 today was the 'Antonio Bell' option, where Braylon essentially doesn't go to any junior college and instead spends his fall preparing for retaking an ACT/SAT and increasing his core GPA. A slight gamble, obviously, but the nice thing is he could show up in January if he makes it and he won't have lost any eligibility. We would suffer for it this season, but Heard/Green coming in for 2011 would be a nice start to our Big 10 era with running backs.

Is there certain stipulations on who and who can't take that route? Cause honestly I didn't even know about it until it happened to Bell. Seems like a route more kids with academic troubles would take?

Is there certain stipulations on who and who can't take that route? Cause honestly I didn't even know about it until it happened to Bell. Seems like a route more kids with academic troubles would take?

I have no idea on that. All I know is the recruiting gurus think it's a strong possibility.

how are we going to"suffer"? heard is very good but I think that we are pretty well off at Rb even if he doesnt get here for awhile. I really doubt that helu is going to be dinged up all season like he was last year and rex getting hurt was a fluke he was very unlucky with getting hurt in practice, thats just not going to happen 2 years in a row. Plus if helu gets hurt Im pretty sure that rex could take over and handle the load and tray could take some pressure off of him too by taking some of the carries.

how are we going to"suffer"? heard is very good but I think that we are pretty well off at Rb even if he doesnt get here for awhile. I really doubt that helu is going to be dinged up all season like he was last year and rex getting hurt was a fluke he was very unlucky with getting hurt in practice, thats just not going to happen 2 years in a row. Plus if helu gets hurt Im pretty sure that rex could take over and handle the load and tray could take some pressure off of him too by taking some of the carries.

I would agree with you in a sense. But you can never have too much depth at RB. We would have been in big trouble last year if Roy wouldnt have just sacked up and played through his pain. If we could have thrown a RB of Heard's calibur into the mix last year I would have felt better. If we get an injury or two this year without Heard here we will be in trouble.

See last season. Three running backs who can contribute is enough to get the job done. Four means you have a lot of depth. Braylon would have added a dimension that could have come in handy if we were struck with an injury again. Or heaven forbid two injuries. I'm fairly confident it will all work out either way, but it's wishful thinking to believe that losing Braylon to grade issues is irrelevant.

yeah... I see where you are coming from... I just really hope that nobody gets hurt this year.. After tray,rex and helu we arent that well off at rb are we? I thought that okafor was supposed to be good didnt he quit the team and come back sometime last year is he even any good? Also it would be a bad situation if austin jones had to start taking more snaps.. not trying to be too big of a jerk but isnt he a little slow for a running back I believe that he runs a 4.6 and thats probally pushing it.