SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

Braylon isnt going to make it. The word is that he will be here for Winter 2011 conditioning.

How is it he can't be here in August but can be here this January? I thought once you went JUCO you had to finish your degree?

I was told that it will be a situation kind of like Antonio Bell was in 2008. I am not sure what all the details were with that situation, so I cant really comment further.

I suppose I forgot that Bell took a round about way getting here. That makes sense though.

It might be something like since he didn't qualify, he'll have to take high school level classes at the university. And since he is taking high school level courses, he isn't eligible to participate in sports. I'm not saying that this is what the case is gonna be, just a possibility. :dunno

Wait... they offer high school level courses at the university? SIGN ME UP!!!

well i can't speak for the NU but i know at the college i attend they provide remedial classes, they're like the 000 classes instead of 101's for example. I'm not sure if they actually count as credits or anything though :dunno

^

Thought I had heard he still had an outside chance at qualifying. Guess that didn't go well.

Oh well, as long as Heard goes to a school that doesn't have football, I'm still good. He will come here with his 5 to play 4 still, and all will be well.

He will now come in being the same grade as a certain RB from Texas. :woo:woo

Braylon Heard and Aaron Green in the same backfield. Throw in Bubba and Turner and the future is very bright.

^

Thought I had heard he still had an outside chance at qualifying. Guess that didn't go well.

Oh well, as long as Heard goes to a school that doesn't have football, I'm still good. He will come here with his 5 to play 4 still, and all will be well.

Braylon Heard and Aaron Green in the same backfield. Throw in Bubba and Turner and the future is very bright.

So he wont be here for fall camp?

^

That is assuming we get Green. I think he have a great chance but not getting hopes up til he actually signs. That is also assuming that Heard would have qualified by then and I believe we might have to recruit him again to the new signing class since he didnt qualify from the previous one. I am not sure on that.

^

They are saying he want be here til Jan 2011 so no he wouldnt be here for fall camp.

^

That is assuming we get Green. I think he have a great chance but not getting hopes up til he actually signs. That is also assuming that Heard would have qualified by then and I believe we might have to recruit him again to the new signing class since he didnt qualify from the previous one. I am not sure on that.

^

They are saying he want be here til Jan 2011 so no he wouldnt be here for fall camp.

1. We get Green

2. Braylon will be in a prep school type setting as said above (not exactly a prep school but something simular). There he will be monitored by his HS coach, the same Cardinal Mooney Coach that Bo Pelini knows quite well. I think we are safe that Braylon isnt going anywhere else.

^

^

1. We get Green

2. Braylon will be in a prep school type setting as said above (not exactly a prep school but something simular). There he will be monitored by his HS coach, the same Cardinal Mooney Coach that Bo Pelini knows quite well. I think we are safe that Braylon isnt going anywhere else.

I think there is a great chance we get Green but not gonna be sure til the LOI is signed, gotten hope up to be disappointed other times with big players that we were supposively gonna get.

That is good if Braylon can qualify and be here. Just wasn't completely sure if he didnt qualify by a certain time that we would have to recruit him again. Hopefully he can get those classes passed and get here ASAP.

really doubt he would have gotten carries this season. the plan has been to redshirt ALL freshman unless there is an injury forcing one to play. there arent going to be 3 major injuries at the RB position. and im still hearing that he will likely be here in the fall. he still has not gotten his test scores back and that is a fact....

really doubt he would have gotten carries this season. the plan has been to redshirt ALL freshman unless there is an injury forcing one to play. there arent going to be 3 major injuries at the RB position. and im still hearing that he will likely be here in the fall. he still has not gotten his test scores back and that is a fact....

Braylon would have gotten touches this fall. The only three freshman that would have challenged the RS rule this season are Rome, Cooper, and Heard. Whether Heard would have gotten carries this fall was all dependant on whether or not he could beat out Tray Robinson for the 3rd spot. The coaches seemed confident that he could.

I would love to be wrong (everybody else would love me to be wrong in this as well) but I would be willing to bet that he will not be here in the fall.