SIGNED RB Aaron Green

The sad part about Marlon is that he got a good chunk of his stats on the 2007 team, many times playing against someone's third-string defense. His talent was also wasted on Callahan, who's offenses famously could never compete against top-flight defenses. He was no bust at Nebraska, but as a pure rusher he left something to be desired.

I think the especially interesting part is that Aaron has always been vocal about wanting to run behind a fullback in the I. Where the comparisons that Talman made were to your Joe McKnights, Reggie Bushes, etc.

And as far as the recruiting process goes, with the Texas situation and his high rating, we've been comparing it to Adrian Peterson. However, it seems that as far as skillset goes, pulling in Green would mean we have another Marlon Lucky - not our very own A.P. Which, for all that people have knocked Lucky, if Green can produce as much as Lucky or more, I think that would make a very productive career for him.

I'd rather find a Derick Brown then have another Marlon Lucky. Hopefully he doesnt fall down on first contact like Marlon.

And hopefully, he'll have more top end speed...Lucky before he came here was dazzling people and running through defenders in North Hollywood, CA, or wherever. Everyone's got amazing tape, but makes the transition differently (unless b-rent, you were specifically comparing Green's tape vs Lucky's...in which case I don't know since I haven't really compared them). But I am really excited about having Aaron come here nonetheless. Lucky, you could say "didn't live up to the hype" and still carved out a damn nice career for himself. Green would be legendary if he did live up to the hype.

yes i was comparing high school video on the two as well as size, lucky had a 10 pound advantage on green out of high school whereas green appears to be stronger and both of these things are shown in the videos as green appears to be a much shiftier back that doesnt shy away from contact nearly as much. add to that the better competition he faces in texas and no offense to lucky (because he was better that many give him credit) but green appears to me to have more upside...

Ahh the typical Texas fans. If they didnt get him they "didnt want him." There are only two teams and fanbases I hate in this world. I only started to hate them because they have wronged either me personally, or all of HuskerNation in the past. Those two teams and fanbases are Texas and Iowa.

Andrew is NOT looking to transfer as far as I know and I have not heard a single word stating otherwise.

Aaron and Malcolm are both coveted badly by the Longhorns. Dont let their fans fool you at all. It is not a matter of them having bigger fish to fry, it is a matter of them screaming "Uncle."

On a side note I like what John Talman said the other day on USC. "Andrew and Aaron's parents have to come up to Lincoln to see Andrew anyways. So playing in the Big Ten and distance really arent factors for Aaron."

I love the clown who tries to sound like the sensible unbiased fan who is above all the mudlsingers, talking about how Brown exploits talent better. If Bo Pelini or someone like Gary Patterson had that talent year in and year out they would win the MNC 9 of 10 years

I love the clown who tries to sound like the sensible unbiased fan who is above all the mudlsingers, talking about how Brown exploits talent better. If Bo Pelini or someone like Gary Patterson had that talent year in and year out they would win the MNC 9 of 10 years

Exactly. Mack Brown doesnt even need to exert as much effort into recruiting as our staff does.

Mack Brown is nothing but a dirty old man that looks like he just brushed his teeth with a stick of butter.

Exactly. Mack Brown doesnt even need to exert as much effort into recruiting as our staff does.

Mack Brown is nothing but a dirty old man that looks like he just brushed his teeth with a stick of butter.

All i could find was 06-07, but suprisingly they spend almost as much money...

Nebraska $1,275,000

Texas - $1,156,800

You'd think with them not having to travel to find recruits it would be A LOT less.

Look at what a creepy old geezer he is.

Stick of butter comment EZ = hilarious!

post-7855-127870818491.jpg

Nebraska $1,275,000

Texas - $1,156,800

You'd think with them not having to travel to find recruits it would be A LOT less.

Maybe it's not for traveling.

Ahh the typical Texas fans. If they didnt get him they "didnt want him." There are only two teams and fanbases I hate in this world. I only started to hate them because they have wronged either me personally, or all of HuskerNation in the past. Those two teams and fanbases are Texas and Iowa.

Andrew is NOT looking to transfer as far as I know and I have not heard a single word stating otherwise.

Aaron and Malcolm are both coveted badly by the Longhorns. Dont let their fans fool you at all. It is not a matter of them having bigger fish to fry, it is a matter of them screaming "Uncle."

On a side note I like what John Talman said the other day on USC. "Andrew and Aaron's parents have to come up to Lincoln to see Andrew anyways. So playing in the Big Ten and distance really arent factors for Aaron."

There is now way Andrew is looking to transfer. He's going to see some good playing time this year and possibly have his brother here with him, which means parents will be up here with them. That guy is an idiot.

... Plus Aaron has said multiple times that his brother constantly says how much he loves it up in Nebraska. Andrew plays on the #1 defense in the nation behind the #1 rated Senior cornerback coming out of college underneath arguably the best DB coach in the nation on a team that has a shot at a National Championship this year... I'm Pretty sure he's not leaving... he's one of the front runners to start in 2011...

Nebraska $1,275,000

Texas - $1,156,800

Most of that money was probably used at strip clubs :LOLtartar

Nebraska $1,275,000

Texas - $1,156,800

If Mack Brown was using that money all of it went to Country Kitchen Buffett and Bingo every wednesday night.

Nebraska $1,275,000

Texas - $1,156,800

I believe you are thinking of Colorado that uses most of their money for strip clubs for recruits. Of course, Texass might do it too. :hookerhorns