ATH Curtis Carter

Well if true, it certainly isn't entirely unexpected. It is hard to get big time recievers when the offense is A) Lousy and B. Unpredictable as to what we will run in the future.

I'm sure the kid reads the boards and the online paper articles about the Huskers. He hears all the claims that Watson will be or should be fired. He also sees Bo yelling at the offensive coaches and the QB on the sideline. He sees we put up 106 yards of total offense and all of the commotion on the sports shows that Bo and Carl are defensive experts and our offense sucks. Now if you were a 4.37 reciever that is rather slight of stature I don't think it is hard to figure out why Carter might just want to look around for an offense that is more to his liking and a more settled situation without the angst.

I would think it is entirely likely that Gabbert will be next from all the smoke. I don't have a HI subscription but see there is a thread up about the two.

We need 4 * players or our 106 yard output in the CCG might be trimmed back. No defense is that good!

post-5531-1260242101.pngIt's on Curtis Carter's facebook page, his words, not someone else. He posted earlier how pumped he was about the Mizzou coaches coming for an inhouse which took place on Sunday. What is irritating we go through a coaching change and lose 75% of the class, we have success and we still get poached? What gives? I don't see KU's class or ND class jettingpost-5531-1260242101.png

He'd be wise to go to TCU instead of Missouri in light of his comments about Nebraska:

"I'm a slot receiver type of guy," Carter explained. "I'm not 6-2 or 6-3. I'm going to be an inside guy, and I don't think Nebraska's offense fits me anymore. I've been watching them all season and I watched the Big 12 championship game, and all they do now is run, run, run.

"I also have quarterback issues. I'm not comfortable with their play at quarterback at all. The starter's not been good at all, and the freshman I'm unsure about because I haven't seen him play much."

He definitely needs his In-House visit from the coaches; hopefully the coaches change his mind. I kinda figured the receiver recruits take the big 12 championship game in two prospectives.

1.) = I can help this offense and hopefully start pretty soon.

2.) = This offense sucks. Who the hell wants to be part of it?

I really hope Watson describes to Curtis about last year's offense, and what it should & hopefully will look like in the near-future.

Even last year's offense isn't what it would ideally look like. Ideally your only reliable receivers wouldn't be possession receivers, and ideally your QB has a good arm.

With the right pieces in place and a new WR and OL coach, Watson could be slaughtering teams all over the nation.

Although I do understand the "if I go there, I will not develop as a WR" concern. Hope to see change there.

Prediction: in 2 years Enunwa is going to show Curtis the mistake he made.

Actually, after hearing his statement, it's hard to argue with the points he makes. If I wasn't a Husker fan and had a son with his skill set, I don't think I'd be advising him to go play for Watson for the next four years, especially when Missouri coaches are telling you they'll make you the next Jeremy Maclin.

Carter's words:

"I told coach Gilmore that I was having doubts about where I fit into their offense. It was just not clicking with me because I'm a slot receiver and they're really not using a slot receiver anymore.

"I told him that I was going to officially visit Missouri and TCU, and coach Gilmore said if that's what I was doing then I was de-committing. I told him that was what I was doing.

"I'm a slot receiver type of guy. I'm not 6-2 or 6-3. I'm going to be an inside guy, and I don't think Nebraska's offense fits me anymore. I've been watching them all season and I watched the Big 12 championship game, and all they do now is run, run, run.

"I also have quarterback issues. I'm not comfortable with their play at quarterback at all. The starter's not been good at all, and the freshman I'm unsure about because I haven't seen him play much.

"I don't know what they're going to be. I just don't know. Coach Gilmore's words were that they were going to be a 'balanced offense'. I even went back and watched the Big 12 championship game a second time, and their slot receivers were not in the game much.

"I wouldn't be one of the receivers on the field for them because I'm not a big body guy. They're using a fullback, and several tight ends and that wouldn't fit me. I'm a spread, high-powered West Coast offense guy. That would fit me."