Omaha World-Herald Picks Nebraska second in the North

With Todd Reesing returning, along with Briscoe, Meier and Sharp, and getting the Huskers in Lawrence with a new QB, is the main reason people are picking the Jayhawks this year. That's obviously not going out on a limb there as they are loaded on offense. But I think a lot of people are neglecting the fact that KU has some personnel losses on the defensive side of the ball that need to be addressed. The biggest overlooked thing with the Jayhawks is their schedule. They play OU, Texas and at Texas Tech, while Nebraska gets T. Tech and OU at home and have a road trip to Baylor. It's a good possibilty that KU goes 0-3 vs the South while NU will go 2-1. That puts a lot of pressure on KU to win out in the North. It will be interesting to see.

Baylor has 18 returning starters.

CU has 10 returning on offense.

I just drank some gatorade.

Dirk Nowitzki is going to score 40 tonight & Mavs will win.

Spring football picks are special in May.

:)

Seriously though, I do think Baylor is heading up in the right direction. And I really think Dallas will win tonight. :w00t

Seriously though, I do think Baylor is heading up in the right direction. And I really think Dallas will win tonight. :w00t

6289133_tml.jpgAndrew say's "That's a point for every charge his girlfriends facing! Ohhhhh!!!"

6289133_tml.jpgAndrew say's "That's a point for every charge his girlfriends facing! Ohhhhh!!!"

:clap

Linkage

Link to your ol' friend Lee's Spring Wrapup and projected order of finish.

I think Kansas being picked to win the the Big 12 north is the "safe" route. Let's examine the circumstances here:

* Kansas returns a multi-year starter at QB-Nebraska doesn't.

* The game is in Lawrence.

* The last time the Huskers played in Lawrence it was really bad.

So go ahead Jayhawk fans...dream of winning the north...it'll only be that much sweeter for us when we beat you on your own field and crush your dreams.

:box

Linkage

I think Kansas being picked to win the the Big 12 north is the "safe" route. Let's examine the circumstances here:

So go ahead Jayhawk fans...dream of winning the north...it'll only be that much sweeter for us when we beat you on your own field and crush your dreams.

Just another reason I can't wait to get Nebraska in Lawrence. It's KU's year kids. I don't think you have the horses to beat us in Lawrence this year. We have too much firepower on offense, and with the game being at home, our defense will force your inexperienced offense into a lot of mistakes. I think that's the difference. KU wins by double digits infront of the largest crowd in Jayhawk history.

Here's to a great 2009 season. Go Jayhawks!

Just another reason I can't wait to get Nebraska in Lawrence. It's KU's year kids. I don't think you have the horses to beat us in Lawrence this year. We have too much firepower on offense, and with the game being at home, our defense will force your inexperienced offense into a lot of mistakes. I think that's the difference. KU wins by double digits infront of the largest crowd in Jayhawk history.

I disagree with you wholeheartedly!!

...and what does the game being at home have to do with your defense forcing our offense to make mistakes? If you can't play defense, you can't play defense. It doesn't matter where you play. If you question that statement, take a look at the 2007 Huskers (or any Cosgrove product for that matter) and see how well that played out

Linkage

horses? what horses?

our lines on both sides of the ball will be better than KUs........and frankly its not even close!

"in front of the largest crowd in Jayhawk history." - - - KU's sold out many games before. Every other year Nebraska plays in Lawrence, 2004 vs. K-State (amazing game!) and 2005 vs. Mizzou. I was there....I went to KU.

34-28 Brasky-Pants

Go Huskers!

Okay, I believe a dose of reality is appropriate here so let's contrast NU and KU by position groups:

QB...Edge...KU. The Jayhawks return an experienced QB while the Huskers will be breaking in a first year starter. Although by the time the two teams actually meet the whole "experience" advantage will be a no factor.

RB...Edge...NU. Roy Helu and Quentin Castille are the two main guys who ran quite impressively against you last year.

WR...Edge NU...While KU has a slight edge in the WR spot because of the return of Briscoe...Nebraska has a substantial edge at the TE spot.

OL...Even...I think on paper Nebraska is better but that's kind of difficult to quantify so I'll call it even.

DL...Edge...NU...Kansas doesn't even have anyone remotely close to the caliber of N. Suh on their DL.

LB...Edge...NU...you saw how good Nebraska's LB's were last year when we had a converted running back and two walk-ons manning the LB spots. Just think how good we'll be with 4-6 redshirted scholarship players.

DB...Unknown...I'm not real sure how our DB's stack up so I'll refrain from analyzing it too much.

Okay, I believe a dose of reality is appropriate here so let's contrast NU and KU by position groups:

QB...Edge...KU. The Jayhawks return an experienced QB while the Huskers will be breaking in a first year starter. Although by the time the two teams actually meet the whole "experience" advantage will be a no factor.

RB...Edge...NU. Roy Helu and Quentin Castille are the two main guys who ran quite impressively against you last year.

WR...Edge NU...While KU has a slight edge in the WR spot because of the return of Briscoe...Nebraska has a substantial edge at the TE spot.

OL...Even...I think on paper Nebraska is better but that's kind of difficult to quantify so I'll call it even.

DL...Edge...NU...Kansas doesn't even have anyone remotely close to the caliber of N. Suh on their DL.

LB...Edge...NU...you saw how good Nebraska's LB's were last year when we had a converted running back and two walk-ons manning the LB spots. Just think how good we'll be with 4-6 redshirted scholarship players.

DB...Unknown...I'm not real sure how our DB's stack up so I'll refrain from analyzing it too much.

I think you have to give KU the edge in WR. Briscoe and Meier will be very, very good. Our tight ends are probably better, but I doubt any of them are the game breakers that Briscoe and Meier are.

Other than that I think you nailed it.

Gee.... where have I heard this before...

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

I think you have to give KU the edge in WR. Briscoe and Meier will be very, very good. Our tight ends are probably better, but I doubt any of them are the game breakers that Briscoe and Meier are.

Other than that I think you nailed it.

Agreed on the WR part. Also I don't think we can say we have the edge at LB till some of these players produce results on the field.

So basically my breakdown would be KU - 3 NU - 3 Even - 2 and truthfully the fact they have a very good returning QB probably outweighs all of the other comparisons.

I still think we beat KU next year but its certainly not as cut and dry as some on here think.