Athlon Rankings

Steele! LOL. The only reason people on here like Steele is because he picked Nebraska 2nd last year and what do you know, he got it right (for once) He picked KU to finish 4th in 2007 and we finished 2nd (tieing MU for 1st) He doesn't know it all.

No, I think it has more to do with the fact that Steele generally has the most accurate preseason rankings. Athlon actually does pretty well too, second only to Steele over the past decade.

Nebraska_v02.jpg

WOW. Didn't know such a website exists. Thanks for the link. :clap

My God, this thread went from Athlon is terrible bc they don't have us in the top 25 to Athlon is terrible bc they have us ranked so high. Think NU fans are hard to please?

We're easier to please than fans from these schools: Miami, Ohio State, USC, Michigan and Florida.

Athlon has been and always will be one of the more worthless College Football magazines. Bring on Phil Steele.

I'm going to play spoiler here: By virtue of "reverse engineering" his preseason Top 40 on his website, I can say a few days early that Steele ranks Nebraska 22nd in his preseason predictions. He also thinks the Huskers will be in the Big 12 Championship Game despite some of the shortcomings. In any event, gotta just hope he's right with his big 12 predictions two years in a row!

Athlon has been and always will be one of the more worthless College Football magazines. Bring on Phil Steele.

I'm going to play spoiler here: By virtue of "reverse engineering" his preseason Top 40 on his website, I can say a few days early that Steele ranks Nebraska 22nd in his preseason predictions. He also thinks the Huskers will be in the Big 12 Championship Game despite some of the shortcomings. In any event, gotta just hope he's right with his big 12 predictions two years in a row!

Here's the Nebraska page: http://www.philsteele.com/online/2009Top40/22NEBRASKA.pdf

Steele! LOL. The only reason people on here like Steele is because he picked Nebraska 2nd last year and what do you know, he got it right (for once) He picked KU to finish 4th in 2007 and we finished 2nd (tieing MU for 1st) He doesn't know it all.

No, I think it has more to do with the fact that Steele generally has the most accurate preseason rankings. Athlon actually does pretty well too, second only to Steele over the past decade.

Nebraska_v02.jpg

WOW. Didn't know such a website exists. Thanks for the link. :clap

Although.. In last 3 years, Athlon is more accurate than even Steele

Here's the Nebraska page: http://www.philsteele.com/online/2009Top40/22NEBRASKA.pdf

Thanks for the link, he has a lot of interesting facts buried in all those stats. Many I hadn't really considered before. Even if you don't agree with him, he's nothing if not thorough.

I got my copy of the Big 12 Athlon Preview yesterday. Here's a quick breakdown.

Unit Rankings (Nebraska) (All Rankings are conference, except where noted)

QB (11th), RB (4th), WR/TE (10th), OL (3rd), DL (2nd)(10th Nationally), LB (8th), DB (3rd)

Division Finish

North

Nebraska

Kansas

Missouri

Colorado

Kansas State

South

Oklahoma

Texas

Oklahoma State

Texas Tech

Baylor

Texas A&M

More to come...

Steele has some balls picking Nebraska to win the north with only 13 starters back. I can't wait to get this season started and prove this dipsh*t wrong. I'm not a steele fan. I doubt he thinks much of KU either. That's alright though. We'll let Nebraska get all the preseason hype, then take it from you in Lawrence! LOL

Steele has some balls picking Nebraska to win the north with only 13 starters back. I can't wait to get this season started and prove this dipsh*t wrong. I'm not a steele fan. I doubt he thinks much of KU either. That's alright though. We'll let Nebraska get all the preseason hype, then take it from you in Lawrence! LOL

Careful JGS30.... Don't go running your mouth again and giving me more signature material! :box

Steele is normally the most accurate from what I've seen.

http://preseason.stassen.com/prediction-ac.../2009-10yr.html

We should have the best lines in the North by far, and I think that will be the difference. But you never know...

QB (11th), RB (4th), WR/TE (10th), OL (3rd), DL (2nd)(10th Nationally), LB (8th), DB (3rd)

Division Finish

North

Nebraska

Kansas

Missouri

Colorado

Kansas State

South

Oklahoma

Texas

Oklahoma State

Texas Tech

Baylor

Texas A&M

More to come...

Fourth overall at running back?!? Besides OU, I can't name another team that has two proven HBs returning. Who did they rank ahead of us? Please tell me it's not OSU, or even worse CU! :bs:

Division Finish

North

Nebraska

Kansas

Missouri

Colorado

Kansas State

South

Oklahoma

Texas

Oklahoma State

Texas Tech

Baylor

Texas A&M

More to come...

Fourth overall at running back?!? Besides OU, I can't name another team that has two proven HBs returning. Who did they rank ahead of us? Please tell me it's not OSU, or even worse CU! :bs:

OSU has one of the best backs in the conference returning.

Careful JGS30.... Don't go running your mouth again and giving me more signature material! :box

Steele is normally the most accurate from what I've seen.

http://preseason.stassen.com/prediction-ac.../2009-10yr.html

We should have the best lines in the North by far, and I think that will be the difference. But you never know...

Oh Saunders....you know I'm just "rattling the cage". You know I can't resist. :laughpound

Division Finish

North

Nebraska

Kansas

Missouri

Colorado

Kansas State

South

Oklahoma

Texas

Oklahoma State

Texas Tech

Baylor

Texas A&M

More to come...

OSU has one of the best backs in the conference returning.

Correct. OU is 1, OSU 2, Mizzou 3. OSU makes sense, but Mizzou? I guess Washington is a 1,000 yd back... but geez, Roy almost was, and he was a backup!