Athlon Rankings

I was cruising around some other CFB sites and noticed that Athlon is doing their Top 25 countdown over 25 business days. And so far no Nebraska or Kansas. In fact, they're down to #17 and it doesn't look like anyone from the North will be ranked. It's kind of sad really.

I mean, I know we think highly of our teams, and I bet if you asked anyone of us we would rank KU and NU somewhere between18-25. But you have to wonder how the CFB world views the North outside our glass house. I think their view is pretty clear-they don't think much of us.

I was cruising around some other CFB sites and noticed that Athlon is doing their Top 25 countdown over 25 business days. And so far no Nebraska or Kansas. In fact, they're down to #17 and it doesn't look like anyone from the North will be ranked. It's kind of sad really.

I mean, I know we think highly of our teams, and I bet if you asked anyone of us we would rank KU and NU somewhere between18-25. But you have to wonder how the CFB world views the North outside our glass house. I think their view is pretty clear-they don't think much of us.

Yeah I saw that, it is interesting. Other ratings have NU anywhere from 18 to 26, with 25 or 26 seeming to be the more prevalent ranking. Interestingly enough most have KU lower than NU, but predictions for the North seem slighty in your, KU's, favor. Pre-season polls are funky, fun but funky.

Athlon sucks man. Last year, the had NU finishing in 4th place. Plus, they have Notre Dame ranked. That pretty much invalidates their entire rankings.

Yep. Notre Dame has no business being ranked! It's garbage.

lol i think its like, notre dame week on college football live. i watched it for like 5 minutes and they had a fan mail saying they are going to win it all, and one thing i remember them saying was, "could notre dame be undefeated when usc rolls into town?" NOOOOOOO! lol

lol i think its like, notre dame week on college football live. i watched it for like 5 minutes and they had a fan mail saying they are going to win it all, and one thing i remember them saying was, "could notre dame be undefeated when usc rolls into town?" NOOOOOOO! lol

:yeah + :facepalm: x :nutz= How I feel about Notre Lame!

Maybe they are saving Nebraska for the #1 spot. :koolaid2:

Actually, better make that a double :koolaid2:

There. Good.

i will tell you this... if ND wins it all, there ain't a cow in Texas!

To be honest, it's not like they have a lot of reason to think highly of us. Yeah, Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri did some good things in their bowl games, but other than that neither team really beat anybody they weren't supposed to. Besides, Nebraska (if ranked at all) will probably be in the 22-25 range.

I usually buy the Athon pre season rag every year. It's a good read, but they generally aren't high on the Big Red IMHO.

I wouldn't be suprised to see us mostly in that 18-25 range in Lindy's, SI, Sporting News and others, but it's not uncommon for these various publishers to be pretty far apart this early.